Seau Worrying AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau Worrying AFC East

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not sure if this was already reported on here somewhere, if so sorry.

Anyway, Mad Dog Mandich on WQAM said that he talked to a personel guy in the AFC East and they were not happy about the Dolphins getting Seau.

Hard to imagine how anyone could argue this is a bad move for the Dolphins. The proof is in how their rivals feel. If they're worried, we should be happy.

As someone pointed out earlier, that's one more guy that a team has to game plan for...All the AFC East teams know that Jr. will play with a little extra bounce to his step this year, because he's out to prove a point..

Good, also I think it might be a moot point, but the AFC East has ome killer linebackers. Thomas, Seau, Spikes, Colvin. Throw in quality to great runningbacks in Henry, Williams, and Martin and this could be the new black and blue division. Every team has good quality talent. Man I can't wait for he season to begin.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Not sure if this was already reported on here somewhere, if so sorry.

Anyway, Mad Dog Mandich on WQAM said that he talked to a personel guy in the AFC East and they were not happy about the Dolphins getting Seau.

Hard to imagine how anyone could argue this is a bad move for the Dolphins. The proof is in how their rivals feel. If they're worried, we should be happy.

Seau is going to significantly free up the stars of this D to make some big plays. Not to mention the re-signing of T-Buck. T-Buck will either beat Fletcher for the 3rd CB spot or he will light a fire under Fletcher's butt. If they keep their heads, this D has a chance to be very special, NFL all time special.

I know that's big talk, but the SWARM was close to that 3 or 4 years ago, so why not now? I think there is more talent on this D than there was on that D squad. Not to mention having RW's running for us, well that won't hurt their cause at all either.

Oliver...

He is out to prove a point but he is on a MORE talented team and he knows he can win a SB...this season is going to be exciting.

Seau is alright, but he doesn't scare teams like he used to.

I would expect some low scores in the divisional games this year. Everyone in the division has a good defense.

Everyone in the division (except the Pats) has good runningbacks, and now everyone has good linebacking groups.

I did really like the Jets linebacking corp, but now, heck well they might be the worst linebacking corp in the division! Bills have Spikes, Fletcher, and Posey....Phins have Seau, Thomas, and Greenwood....Pats have Colvin, Johnson, Bruschi, and I forget who else at OLB but I think he was good...

Jets just have Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, and Sam Cowart. Now Cowart was stout, pretty good last year, but not close to what he use to be, and there's no reason to think he'll improve. And Jones, if you listen to some Jets fans, well they hate him about as much as some people on here hate Greenwood and Rodgers. Mo Lewis is good, but he's no Zach Thomas or Takeo Spikes. He's probably a bit more on London Fletcher's level, which puts him maybe a half step above Junior Seau.

Of Course the Jets would be worried.. They completely got harassed by Miami's defense last year and now it's even better... Jets scored 1 TD in 2 meetings on Miami last year.. and that came on a Lucas fumble...(Stupid Lucas)..

As for the comparisson between defenses, it's pointless... I've never seen a Defense vs. a Defense on the field at the same time.. so it's meaningless.. I could care less what other people thought about our LB corps for they will make plays and be solid... Anyone think the Pats cared that they were the 22nd best defense when they won the SB 2 years ago?? NOPE..

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by buffman

I would expect some low scores in the divisional games this year. Everyone in the division has a good defense.

Hum your jills defense looks good---- ON PAPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those high priced media hyped additions have to prove a better defense on the field ............................ :goof: :cap: ---- :m83: Marino1983

Originally posted by buffman

Why does Seau have to scare anyone or any team ? He flat out produces and is just about always around the ball to make BIG plays .... All you jill fans can blow off the addition of J Seau to the Dolphin defense ALL YOU WANT TO !!

But I can almost guarantee that everyone of the teams coaching staffs that are on the Dolphins schedule this season,, are more than just passing off the Seau acquisition as a "nice addition" !! :rolleyes2 :laugh: :laughat: jill fans ... Marino1983

Till I see on the field. I'll revert to the last time I saw the Jills defense play. From what I recall THEY SUCKED!

Nah.. I respect what the Bills have done in the off-season.. The Bills made the Bengals look like complete morons by stealing Takeo Spikes without having to give away any draft picks.. I will never forgive the bengals for that.. They could of easily taken the bills 1st and 2nd rounder for Spikes.. Yet they just let himm go.. Amazing..
You have to respect the Bills off-season.. they got a 1st for Price and gave nothing for Spikes.. Sam Adams was a good signing as well, every defense he's been on in last 3 years were top run defenses.. Any coincidence?? I'm definetely no Bills fan.. but I'm just damn honest.. Bills defense will be good.. They improved against the run in off-season with their pickups to go with their already strong passing defense.. Bills have done well...

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354
Nah.. I respect what the Bills have done in the off-season.. The Bills made the Bengals look like complete morons by stealing Takeo Spikes without having to give away any draft picks.. I will never forgive the bengals for that.. They could of easily taken the bills 1st and 2nd rounder for Spikes.. Yet they just let himm go.. Amazing..
You have to respect the Bills off-season.. they got a 1st for Price and gave nothing for Spikes.. Sam Adams was a good signing as well, every defense he's been on in last 3 years were top run defenses.. Any coincidence?? I'm definetely no Bills fan.. but I'm just damn honest.. Bills defense will be good.. They improved against the run in off-season with their pickups to go with their already strong passing defense.. Bills have done well...

I second that, I don't just assume the Bills will suck because they are a rival. They made some major upgrades to their D.

I do think their O has taken a few hits however, Losing Price,RIemwfaeffaefa, and Centers will with out a doubt hurt thier passing game. Especially Centers he was a good dump off option for Drew. Henry better be ready I think they are going to be more of a running team then passing team this year.

Either way the games are going to be tough, the Fins may be geting an advantage in the next few weeks when Lucas gets cut. :lol:

If you all recall Shula's last year, He brought in all these great players to make us the team of the century.

What did it get us nothing, Chemistry is extremely important and until I see them playing like a great defense and not picturing what they may or may not be.

The biggest mistake is to assume they are going to be a great defense, look at last year we had a great defense (3 in the league) and it didn't get us anywhere.

Mario1983, if I remember right the Dolphins were trying desperatly to bring in Takeo, but had no money to pay him. Takeo is good and has proven himself. Adams has proved himself over and over also. He's been on the defensive line that has gone twice in the past 3 years to the super bowl, and the run defense of those teams have been top 5 each time. Reese and Posey are lower profiled additions, but they have proved themselves and are coming on strong.

You're talking about these additions as though they are rookies who have to prove something in the league. You're desperatly wrong.

And on the topic of Chemistry, I brought up that Seau will also have to adjust playing with a different team after being in SD for 13 years, but everyone jumped at me. Chemistry is important.

Also in response to the thread. I am not to worried about Seau. The Bills have beated SD the last two times they played, and Seau didn't really show me something to be scared of. More teams are afraid of Spikes, Colvin and Cowart then they are of Seau. If you rank all of the OLB in the AFC East, he comes in last in that group. He might have been at the top 5 years ago, and in spite of being an improvement to rodgers (which doesn't say much), he's not better than the other OLB in the AFC East

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom