Seau Worrying AFC East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau Worrying AFC East

I actually am trying to find something where I read that Miami was thinking about trading, releasing Thomas because of his cap number....but my interenet is being weird...but as soon as I find it, I'll post it. But in all honesty, if you take a look back at all of the things that happened, and in that order...its way less than farfetched..

Originally posted by BillsCAfan
But see, your point about lets speculate that Bills get Seau would make so sense. Its like saying Atlanta Falcons are looking to get Brett Favre. Within the context it doesn't make sense. But Miami came out as being interested, and on ESPN insider there were multiple articles from Miami based newspapers that hinted very strongly at Miami trying to see if htey could spikes. Everything about the timing and the salling of Thomas is ether just coincedence, which I don't think, or a team saving their money to see if they can get another player....and once that player is gone, they restructure and give Thomas an extention. Just the series of events seem to be very coincedental.

Brett Favre was not a FA....

I'm not sure what "multiple articles" you're reffering to ... but I doubt there was anything more than dreaming about it going on in the FO... they knew they wouldn't be able to afford him, whether Zach restructered or not....

Also...Thomas was not a FA this year... they restructured a year early... so he wouldn't have been "gone" if he didn't restructure....

Well the thing is, the last year of a players contract is the easiest year to trade a playey or release him. Because teams usally like to sign the player to a long term deal through trade, and having only one year on the contract helps that, rather than trading a player that is coming with 4 year deal. Also if they cut Thomas, which is very unlikely, they would get minimal hit on the cap, since htey don't have to assume 3-4 years of pro-rated cap space.

If you want to go ahead and say that I'm imagining things, then every rumor or anything that goes through media is an imagination. The fact is that there was probably many teams that wanted Spikes...but only the Bills and the Dolphins were reported to be interested in the media, which seperates the two as actually having stronger interest than other teams. Like I also said, the timing of Zach extention was very on the dot with the time table of when Spikes was signed. It just happend to be that Zach's team was looking at Spikes, who happend to play the same position, or OLB or MLB whatever you want to call it, cuz Spikes can play both. Zach was also in the media in January and March as possible trade bait or candidate for release, or did you miss that on Sportsline. Too bad they don't have a long archive or I would have posted it. That is not imagination, thats pure speculation on facts that back my point, more than your points, which plainly says "NO" to Zach's contract situation and it relating to Spikes. At least my speculation is based on fact on KFFL that I posted, and things that have been posted on sports sites.

Dude... you're putting things together in the order that you want to see them...fine... but it does not explain why we were giving offers to Gandy, while you say we were actively seeking Spikes...and could afford perhaps one of them... nor can you really tie the two things together... you are trying to make it sound as if the only time a team and player have stalled negotiations, is due to a FA that's out there....

Uh guys number one, It was stated that the Fins might be more interested in Colvin at the time,

Number two another AFC East team very well could have been the Patriots. Nobody new they had and interest before they signed Harrison or Colvin. What teams say and what they do are two different things sometimes. I don't think the Fins ever had a true interest in Spikes as I doubt they could have afforded him.

Number three, isn't it funy how great the Bills fans think Donahue is, when back before he went to the Bills he was almos with the Fins. Then I bet it would be a different story about how much of a genius he is.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/5243912.htm
"In fact, the team is expected to call Cincinnati linebacker Takeo Spikes, according to a team source. Spikes is a transition player, giving the Bengals the chance to match any offer he signs with another team."

They say they want to patch up their OLB, and you'll probably say thats not Zach's position....but if they sign Spikes.....would they keep Zach Thomas?

Don't get me started on Donahoe....which GM in the league has done a better job than he did. He got us a franchise QB, He drafted our starting CB, drafted our starting RB. Got us out of cap hell. Took Spikes from Cincy. Signed Adams to a deal that only pays him 1.3 million this year. And we will have 0% of our money in dead cap next year. And he also picked Josh Reed when no one expected it, and got critized. Who's starting now? Reed. Try to search the best GM in the league...and I would put money that Donahoe is the top ranked, or top 3. Guranteed.

Back
Top Bottom