Seau Worrying AFC East | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau Worrying AFC East

Seau will play for the Dolphins similar to the way Cornelius Bennet played out his waning years in Atlanta.

Solid, but unspectacular

You should not expect Seau to dominate, simply from the way Miami uses it's OL's, they more contain than play makers..Jr..might be used on blisses more than normal and he may make more tackles on his side, if Zach don't beat him to it..:-)

Originally posted by BillsCAfan
Like I said, Spikes can play MLB, and the Benglas would have put him there and moved simmons out. That is why they signed Hardy to play middle and put simmons out. But even if they got spikes to fill in their outside LB needs, you think they would keep Zach thomas past his contract. I don't think they would sign 10 millino a year on their LB corp. If Phins signed Spikes, which looks like they had interest in, rather than someone earlier said "they never had talks", Zach would have been traded.

While the Phins may have placed a call to Spikes agent just to see if he was maybe a lifelong Phin fan and willing to take a low-ball offer...they and everyone else with half a brain knew that Spikes would never be a Phin because the other interested teams had THAT much more money, and slots that were THAT much more in need of upgrading. I know they fought for Gandy, but I think it's a REAL stretch to say that they really pursued Spikes. NOT because they didn't want him, only because they knew it would be a wasted effort.

If the AFC east is worried they should be. Miami is coming with a vengence...

Seau is this year's ROMO, a guy to make smart plays from edge and keep team's head straight on and off field.
Why would you let signal caller Zach move for Takeo? Spikes is too wild to play a disciplined D, he hasnt mastered one position, but has played 2 spots great and with abandon.
Wanny prefers controlled aggression, intelligent restraint.
Keep continuity with the #1 overall d, bring in vets to the back 7 on each level (your db knows that team and should be great for continuity and chemistry).
Smart additions make more impact than expensive ones, adding Spikes would have required you face cap problems.Getting player who has been there twice is more important for a team whose d is the level of Miami Doplhins. Buckley knows your players and is chemistry fit also.
Good luck this week on draft day .

Back
Top Bottom