sec | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sec

I would love to see USC go into the Swamp. I dont even know if they have ever been there.

Amars said:
I would love to see USC go into the Swamp. I dont even know if they have ever been there.

Don't think your Booty QB would be looking forward to such a match up.

But I agree, I would love to see it as well.

Amars said:
Blown out. Bitter are we. They lost by 2pt at their house without Jarret. Did you see how important Jarret is to this offense. 3TD last night. I never said anything about recruiting but I believe Carrol is one of the top recruiters that why USC is going to compete for a NC every this decade.
Not bitter at all, I'm looking forward to that game. And if your offense revolves around one player that much, doesn't say much for the team as a whole. You didn't say anything about recruiting yet you mentioned the whole team is mostly sophmores and juniors, same difference.

Whether you've earned it or not it looks like you'll get your title shot. Enjoy it. And seriously, give up the SEC bashing unless you enjoy looking foolish.

:wink:

Amars said:
How good is the SEC? Really only good team they play are themselves. I agree from top to bottom they are the best but they aint brutal to play. Other tennesse and arkansas who played cal and usc they really havent played anyone outside of their conference. You want to know why they should schedule hard out of conference games is because if your the best then you should prove it. You should win if you want to compete for a national championship. Playing teams like buffalo and western carolina and tulane should automatically disqualify from playing the national championship. Also there is no guarantee when the they make the schedule 4yrs down the line that the SEC is going to be a good conference. That can easily change.

Who has Michigan played OOC? Ball State, Central Michigan, Vanderbilt

Arkansas played USC
Tennessee played Cal
Do you think Florida scheduled FSU KNOWING they would be weak this year?
LSU played 4 top 10 SEC teams, all on the road
Auburn played an awful schedule this year and even SEC fans will admit they were overrated this year.

When you play in a mediocre conference like the Pac 10, you have to play a tough out of conference schedule to boost your SOS. And it's not like USC scheduled Notre Dame because they wanted to play one of the best teams in the country; they've been playing since ND was weak.

Motion said:
Not bitter at all, I'm looking forward to that game. And if your offense revolves around one player that much, doesn't say much for the team as a whole. You didn't say anything about recruiting yet you mentioned the whole team is mostly sophmores and juniors, same difference.

Whether you've earned it or not it looks like you'll get your title shot. Enjoy it. And seriously, give up the SEC bashing unless you enjoy looking foolish.

:wink:

I dont look foolish because my team more likely is going to be in the NC. And UF cant jump over USC or Michigan because they 1. they havent played well 2. They havent play anyone well outside of their conference. Either way they should consider themselves lucky because they would got blown out by OSU.

Amars said:
I dont look foolish because my team more likely is going to be in the NC. And UF cant jump over USC or Michigan because they 1. they havent played well 2. They havent play anyone well outside of their conference. Either way they should consider themselves lucky because they would got blown out by OSU.

The SEC is certainly weaker at the end of the season then it was after week 3 or 4, when it had 5 of the top 10 ranked teams in the country. But it is still the toughest conference top to bottom in my opinion, and certainly no worse than #2.

I don't understand this talk about the SEC not playing tough out of conference. The teams simply can't if they want to have any chance whatsoever to play for a title. These games are scheduled a few years in advance also. Do you think UF knew FSU would suck this year?

By the way, Tennessee embarassed Cal, the clear #2 team in the Pac-10. So our #4 beat your #2, and your #1 beat our #3 (because I can already see the USC-Arkansas game coming up).

Crowder52 said:
The SEC is certainly weaker at the end of the season then it was after week 3 or 4, when it had 5 of the top 10 ranked teams in the country. But it is still the toughest conference top to bottom in my opinion, and certainly no worse than #2.

I don't understand this talk about the SEC not playing tough out of conference. The teams simply can't if they want to have any chance whatsoever to play for a title. These games are scheduled a few years in advance also. Do you think UF knew FSU would suck this year?

By the way, Tennessee embarassed Cal, the clear #2 team in the Pac-10. So our #4 beat your #2, and your #1 beat our #3 (because I can already see the USC-Arkansas game coming up).

I dont buy much into preseason ranking. If you want to be in the NC you have to show in Nov not Sept. I think most will agree. I know UF play FSU every year just like USC vs. ND but i would like to see UF play a top tier team out of conference instead of western carolina or UCF. Those are historically bad teams. And also your are right you cant predict the future of teams and their play level so their is no guarantee that the SEC will always be the best conference 4yrs down the line when they are making the schedule. Even more of a reason to schedule historically good teams out conference. I think if UF would of played Mich, OSU, Texas, USC, Neb, ND, VT i think you get the hint and won I would agree that they should be #2.

Amars said:
I dont buy much into preseason ranking. If you want to be in the NC you have to show in Nov not Sept. I think most will agree. I know UF play FSU every year just like USC vs. ND but i would like to see UF play a top tier team out of conference instead of western carolina or UCF. Those are historically bad teams. And also your are right you cant predict the future of teams and their play level so their is no guarantee that the SEC will always be the best conference 4yrs down the line when they are making the schedule. Even more of a reason to schedule historically good teams out conference. I think if UF would of played Mich, OSU, Texas, USC, Neb, ND, VT i think you get the hint and won I would agree that they should be #2.

I'm sorry, but you are out of your mind if you think UF has the capability to schedule yet another solid team and have any chance to compete. This year we had:

Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, FSU. All teams that have been in the top 10 in the last year.

What if FSU was solid this year? Do you understand that there is no way to tell who will be good years in advance? So some of the teams were weaker than expected this year, but if they were strong it would have been a ridiculous schedule. It was hard enough as it was.

And after all that, we play in the SEC championship game. We actually have a championship game in our conference, after all. FSU won the ACC last year...so you want UF to play the SEC champ, the ACC champ, and then schedule a team like Michigan, Texas or Ohio St?!?!? Why don't they just play the winner from each conference in the country while we are at it.

Sure UF played Western Carolina and UCF. Guess what? Everyone plays a few crappy teams. UF is no different than any other school in that regard.

And by the way, Miami comes back on UFs schedule in 2008. Notice that we scheduled them when they were still dominant. Who knows how good they will be when we play them.

[mod] No more inappropriate racial comments! [/mod]

DonShula84 said:
:shakeno:

I'm so confused by the SEC bashing that takes place on this forum

lol, it was a joke.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
lol, it was a joke, but honestly the only reason it's better is because it's a lot darker down south if you catch my drift.

We really don't need to bring that kinda crap into the discussion.

DonShula84 said:
:shakeno:

I'm so confused by the SEC bashing that takes place on this forum

:yeahthat:

Some people just need to feel better about themselves and their team. :D

Back
Top Bottom