sec | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sec

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
lol, it was a joke, but honestly the only reason it's better is because it's a lot darker down south if you catch my drift.
I hope you enjoy some well deserved time off from this site.

Such a weak conference with 5 teams in the top 16 of the BCS. That's nearly one out of every 3 top teams are in the SEC

finswin56 said:
I hope you enjoy some well deserved time off from this site.

oh i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to benignly state the obvious. can we drop the phony racism game. there is nothing racist about saying black people are better at football. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying for the sake of being politically correct. you appear to be a gators fan from your signature, can you tell me how many white guys florida has starting on defense? for that matter on scholarship to play defense? to save your time, the answer is zero. if this is the case and african-americans make up the entire defense despite being a minority, then SEC recruiters and NFL GM's (not a single white RB or CB in the league) are the true racists.

anyway my point is that there are more good athletes in the south.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
oh i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to benignly state the obvious. can we drop the phony racism game. there is nothing racist about saying black people are better at football. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying for the sake of being politically correct. you appear to be a gators fan from your signature, can you tell me how many white guys florida has starting on defense? for that matter on scholarship to play defense? to save your time, the answer is zero. if this is the case and african-americans make up the entire defense despite being a minority, then SEC recruiters and NFL GM's (not a single white RB or CB in the league) are the true racists.

Do the top basketball players come from the south?

finswin56 said:
Do the top basketball players come from the south?

umm, i wasn't talking about basketball which is a largely skill and size oriented sport, whereas football (especially at defensive positions) is highly dependent on athletic ability (speed, agility, strength, etc).

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
umm, i wasn't talking about basketball which is a largely skill and size oriented sport, whereas football (especially at defensive positions) is highly dependent on athletic ability (speed, agility, strength, etc).
:lol: at the idea that football relies more on athletic ability over basketball.

Anyway, this is far OT, and I've already spent too much time on a post that deserved no credible response.
</IMG>

finswin56 said:
:lol: at the idea that football relies more on athletic ability over basketball.

Anyway, this is far OT, and I've already spent too much time on a post that deserved no credible response.
</IMG>

Ask Lee Humphrey about that.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I highly doubt that the GMs or recuiters of major programs look at the skin color of the athlete they are recruiting. MAYBE back in the day... MAYBE still in a few programs (gosh I'd hope not), but there is no way you can make that kind of generalized assumption. :shakeno:

Oboy said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I highly doubt that the GMs or recuiters of major programs look at the skin color of the athlete they are recruiting. MAYBE back in the day... MAYBE still in a few programs (gosh I'd hope not), but there is no way you can make that kind of generalized assumption. :shakeno:

yes...put the pieces together now...that assumption was partly what i was basing my argument on. of course recruiters aren't racists, they go by talent and potential. if this is the case, my argument that blacks (making up 100% of UF's defense despite being a 20% minority in the overall population) are better athletes for football is strongly supported.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
yes...put the pieces together now...that assumption was partly what i was basing my argument on. of course recruiters aren't racists, they go by talent and potential. if this is the case, my argument that blacks (making up 100% of UF's defense despite being a 20% minority in the overall population) are better athletes for football is strongly supported.

And the majority of USC's defense is black as well. So it has nothing to do with the south "being darker" as you joked earlier.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
I have no arguement that blacks for the most part are better athletes than whites. My whole comment was on the "racist" angle. That is what I do not buy.

FinSinceBirth said:
And the majority of USC's defense is black as well. So it has nothing to do with the south "being darker" as you joked earlier.
yes...If that was the case, there will be a lot of Cubans in the Canes team

You know Im a UT alum and season ticket holder and I would have to really sit down and mentally go through each player to get the black/white ratios for the team.

And Im sure that 99% of the people on here are the same way when it comes to their fav team.

But then there is always that sad 1%.

Back
Top Bottom