Section 126's Top 50 current NBA Players. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Section 126's Top 50 current NBA Players.

FYI - I didn't really look passed the top 20, because I find it amazing that you put together such a huge list to begin with. Props on that.

However, the biggest flaw with that list = Ray Allen at #20, behind guys like Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, etc. I'd take Ray Allen over many, many "stars" in this league. The guy is a true star. Apart from that, you just can't put Carmelo ahead of Amare. Amare is way too low. I think Wade is better than LBJ, but I don't have a PROBLEM with seeing him ahead, as it's debatable. With that said, I'd put KG at #4 and drop Wade back to 5.

That is true about the Defense, but Nash can dish the ball out very well and scores at will..O'Neal has his off nights, although he has been on fire past few games.

Section126 said:
Yes...Shaq over both of those guys...whenever Shaq wants too he dominates...ask the Pistons...it sis so obvious that he takes the first 40 games off that it isn't even funny. If he took 25 shots per game...he would be among the scoring leaders with a near 60% FG percentage. The only reason he is SO LOW is that he does take the first half of the season off.

And Eddie Jones DOES squeek into the #50 spot....But any of the Honorable Mention can have spots in the last 45-50....

The 45-50 are pretty much interchangeable.
You're probably gonna have to put a guy like Marcus Camby ahead of Eddie Jones, and probably Larry Hughes as well. However, I'd never have a problem with a guy like Eddie Jones being a bit higher than he may be on the "right" list, because he's an EXTREMELY hard worker and a hell of a leader. He brings it offensively, and he's one of the league's better defenders as well. Eddie Jones can do a lot of things at a high level.

Prime Time said:
That is true about the Defense, but Nash can dish the ball out very well and scores at will..O'Neal has his off nights, although he has been on fire past few games.
O'Neal has his off nights, but think about it. When both of these players are playing their best game, who is better? When Shaq is at his best, he's unstoppable on both ends of the floor. The only thing that can stop Shaq at his best would be the refs and/or a flawed game plan (or simply Antoine Walker getting the ball and never giving it back!). However, Nash at his best is still a piss poor defender who will turn the ball over more than you'd like. And, remember, it's much easier to find a guard than a big man in this game.

Blueprint said:
O'Neal has his off nights, but think about it. When both of these players are playing their best game, who is better? When Shaq is at his best, he's unstoppable on both ends of the floor. The only thing that can stop Shaq at his best would be the refs and/or a flawed game plan (or simply Antoine Walker getting the ball and never giving it back!). However, Nash at his best is still a piss poor defender who will turn the ball over more than you'd like. And, remember, it's much easier to find a guard than a big man in this game.

I can agree with you on that, but I see Nash going out busting his balls on BOTH sides of the floor. Shaq is lazy at times and although he could dominate..he doesn't always play at his best.

Prime Time said:
I can agree with you on that, but I see Nash going out busting his balls on BOTH sides of the floor. Shaq is lazy at times and although he could dominate..he doesn't always play at his best.
In terms of effort, you're definitely on the money.

I mean, if you wonna look at it from that perspective, I cuss Shaq every night.

djfresh47 said:
I'd take Ray Allen over Michael Redd also.

Ray Allen is my favorite player, Bucks are my favorite team.. Ray used to be better than Redd, but Ray is getting worse, Redd is getting better..

Blueprint said:
However, the biggest flaw with that list = Ray Allen at #20, behind guys like Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, etc. I'd take Ray Allen over many, many "stars" in this league. The guy is a true star. Apart from that, you just can't put Carmelo ahead of Amare. Amare is way too low. .

I put carmelo over Amare because of Amare's Injury...He is gonna lose lift for a year...there is no guarantee that he gets his lift back...and playing above the rim is a big part of his game. I don't think Amare can adjust his game to a more skilled and craftsman like game from an athletic physical freak game.

had he not been injured...I guarantee you he cracks my top ten.

As for Ray Allen....I like him...but he has always been a weak team player....he plays best off his 2 up 3 down sets running around screens.....I never see him create space without help. he is the best pure shooter out there though. I downgrade him because Seattle has enough talent to be a top 5 Western Conference team....and they suck. He must accept some of that responsibility.

Section126 said:
I put carmelo over Amare because of Amare's Injury...He is gonna lose lift for a year...there is no guarantee that he gets his lift back...and playing above the rim is a big part of his game. I don't think Amare can adjust his game to a more skilled and craftsman like game from an athletic physical freak game.

had he not been injured...I guarantee you he cracks my top ten.

As for Ray Allen....I like him...but he has always been a weak team player....he plays best off his 2 up 3 down sets running around screens.....I never see him create space without help. he is the best pure shooter out there though. I downgrade him because Seattle has enough talent to be a top 5 Western Conference team....and they suck. He must accept some of that responsibility.

I think Houston has enough talent to be a top 5 team in the West, but not the Sonics.

djfresh47 said:
I think Houston has enough talent to be a top 5 team in the West, but not the Sonics.

Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Luke Ridnour with role players should be enough to be a #5 seed.

Section126 said:
Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Luke Ridnour with role players should be enough to be a #5 seed.

Not with the damn interior play that they have (Nick Collison? and that other white center they have???? Also playing Radmanovic at PF???)... Also Lewis breaks down too often, and he never comes up when you want him too, he is a little like al these players that blow up when it is meaningless and then kinda bow down when the games are on the line... They are horribly coached too...

I am a huge Sonics fan, and I would be crazy to say that Ray Allen deserves to be in the top ten or anything... But he does deserve to be above Michael Redd (though both of those guys are awesome shooters)

ChrisKo said:
Tony Parker is sooooo good, he gets number 30 and 35 :)

You need to refresh your browser...that was fixed last night....I put Marcus Camby in.

I was cutting and pasting to put in my rankings and I guess I failed to cut and paste Parker and Paul....

hit refresh.

Section126 said:

I just don't see it, Ridnour has been a bit dissapointing, IMO. Maybe if Swift can develop for them they can get some inside game. Losing McMillan was a huge loss for that team I really think he coached them up last year.

Back
Top Bottom