senior bowl week and game thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

jcane arrives in mobile, alabama friday evening. Looking forward to it. Senior bowl trips are a pretty good time.

Demarcus van dyke
colin mccarthy
leonard hankerson

'canes.

play hard................:drink:................BE SAFE.

really like the work of leonard hankerson the first 2 days...runs excellent routes no choppy footwork comes out of his breaks cleanly...i think he's by far my favorite wr in attendance at the senior bowl...

vincent brown just keeps on catchin my eye...i don't see great speed and he's a bit of a long strider but the guys showing great hands and runs some very good looking routes...i think slimms got a good looking #2 wr there...i've got him as solid 3rd round value

titus young top 50 pick...too explosive and too much of a playmaker imo to stick around any longer...despite that size

only rb i'm a fan of really is kendall hunter...no thanks on noel devine no thanks on derrick locke pass on bilal powell who while explosive runs way too upright for my taste and carries the ball in the wrong arm all the time...helu meh demarco murray nope...

phil taylor i think is carrying that 337 very well and i've been pretty impressed with his work in one on one drills the first 2 days...just walking people back into the backfield with the bull rush...looks like a pretty good nose prospect to me

intrigued by the 27 year old guard prospect from baylor watkins...liked the work of kendrick burney in coverage drills but i think he lacks top end speed...don't like the 5 ft 9 height...the colorado corner who is there has flashed to me a few times also...brown i think his name is

demarcus love i think has taken a hit this week his feet look sluggish and he's not bending his knees enough too upright for my taste...

Vincent Brown's arms measured 33 1/4" with 10 1/2" hands.. Those are arms that come on a guy that's 6'4", not a guy that's 5'11" like Brown is.

His catch radius is as good as it gets, which is why he's able to get to virtually any ball and pluck it out of the air. The only receiver with longer arms at the Senior Bowl is South Alabama's Courtney Smith, who's 6'4" (1/2" longer arms)... and Brown's hands are the largest there along with Hankerson's.

Niles Paul reminds me of Tamarick Vanover... a receiver who's built like a running back in the 6'1", 225 pound range. A guy who will return kicks in the NFL and be a deep threat, although his hands are extremely small (8 5/8"), which is why he typically struggles to catch the football cleanly... but those drops haven't shown up so far in Mobile.

i'm on the fence on niles paul...i know ck likes him a lot...the built like a rb point makes sense and i saw him run right by guys a few times this week already but i'm not in love with his route running

i swear watching brown on the field he looks like he's 6 ft 2 or so with those long arms...like chris chambers in that looks taller than he actually is due to those long arms etc

courtney smith i don't see the dbs respecting his speed...they're sitting on a lot of underneath stuff...red flag that the speed is not even respected by college kids

Guys that come from the University of South Alabama aren't even supposed to be at the Senior Bowl... it was nice to see a kid like Courtney Smith get an invite. He's strictly a tall possession receiver if he can even make it in the NFL.... a #4 wide receiver or so.

Niles Paul is somewhere in that 4th round range for me... a kick returner who'll be the occassional deep threat. I still don't trust his hands or route running enough to view him as a legitimate #2 or better option in the NFL... I've never seen the consistency out of him.

I really like Kendall Hunter though I came into this week liking him. He hasn't done anything spectacular during the week that I've seen but he probably will. I'm more intrigued by Bilal Powell than you are, hoops. He's like a DeMarco Murray I can get behind. I really like his feet and explosiveness. He's been dinged up some over his career, though, and if history is right about this FO that means no way Jose.

powell is explosive no doubt...i just have reservations about him holding up in the nfl...home run hitter though...but definitely not a guy i'd burn a top 4 round pick on...

as for hunter he's been more sudden than i expected...i still think in pass pro he's a major liability...but he'd give us an explosive quality at rb we sorely need and lack...the way this whole rb class looks to me though i doubt he gets to our 3rd round pick...i see a lot of meh at rb

I absolutely love Kendall Hunter... his low center of gravity and ability to make extreme cuts without losing momentum is going to be tough to stop in the NFL.. He's proven he can carry the load in college and be the feature back.

At 5'7", 200 pounds, he has the same BMI (body mass index) as a 6'0", 215 pound back, except Hunter has built in natural pad level he runs with that a taller back will struggle to achieve. That's why Hunter can stay healthy with all those carries, and the 6'0", 214 pound DeMarco Murray can't.

i look at delone carter and i just don't see a guy whose skill set is hard to come by in the nfl...but looking at the rb class i can see him coming off the board in the 3rd round even...to me he'd have no better than a 4th round grade...does show the ability to to turn the corner but imo mostly a downhill not make you miss guy in the pros...not much wiggle...a guy i'd want to pair with another explosive change of pace and 3rd down back

i look at delone carter and i just don't see a guy whose skill set is hard to come by in the nfl...but looking at the rb class i can see him coming off the board in the 3rd round even...to me he'd have no better than a 4th round grade...does show the ability to to turn the corner but imo mostly a downhill not make you miss guy in the pros...not much wiggle...a guy i'd want to pair with another explosive change of pace and 3rd down back

4th round or so would be a good place to grab a guy like Delone Carter.... Miami needs to upgrade in the speed department on the perimeter, and in the backfield.

However, I think you need those guys like a Pierre Thomas or a Rashard Mendenhall who are tough, physical runners that get it done between the tackles and pick up the tough yards to compliment your speed.... a guy like Delone Carter would be excellent in that role.

There are several different combinations of power and speed backs I'd be satisfied with if I could come away from this draft with any one of those combinations, depending on who's available and where.

Hunter is going to be the best RB in this class. Ingram is good, williams is good but this guy has the ability to rack up yards like a Gore/MJD.

I bet Delone Carter will carry more rock than Hunter in the pros. A team that needs a full time ball carrier will take Carter in the 2nd. And there are plenty.

i don't understand the gore mjd comparisons with hunter either...mjds another guy with tree trunk lower half...i just don't think hunter can handle that kind of workhorse workload...he's not an every down guy to me

I bet Delone Carter will carry more rock than Hunter in the pros. A team that needs a full time ball carrier will take Carter in the 2nd. And there are plenty.

well they can have him that high...i wouldn't lose any sleep over it i can tell ya that...way too rich for my blood

Back
Top Bottom