senior bowl week and game thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

I'm with Slimm on Delone Carter. I think he's fantastic. He has great instincts between the tackles, and the physical potential to be a workhorse in the NFL. He has soft hands, explosive lower body, can hit the outside or inside, versatility from a system perspective, and he lowers the boom and delivers the blow. He was a workhorse at Syracuse and I think he'll be one in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he ran worse than a 4.55 at the Combine, but I agree that's sort of the tipping point on his stock. Significantly under 4.55 and he'll rise to the 2nd round IMO...although I do have to keep schooling myself that running backs in general always fall lower than you think.

Still, LeGarrette Blount ran like a 4.65 or something at the Combine, he was one of the best runners in the NFL this year.

Picking Herzlich will be a faith pick. He's only one off season away from cancer treatments right now. It's not enough time. He needs time in the off season to work on getting his explosiveness and flexibility back, now that his body is pumped back up to the size it's at. Gaining weight and still being explosive and flexible is not easy, it takes time to get used to your own body. He lost a lot with the cancer treatments.

Thing is...I just don't see why he wouldn't reclaim that some time in the next two or three years, if he stays cancer free.

The two Baylor prospects (Phil Taylor and Danny Watkins) are probably the two players who improved their draft stock the most this week.

I think Allen Bailey and Joe Lafeged are probably the two that ended up hurting their stock the most. Bailey hasn't shown a single counter move all week... his bull rush has been easily neutralized by pretty much every offensive lineman there.

The two Baylor prospects (Phil Taylor and Danny Watkins) are probably the two players who improved their draft stock the most this week.

I think Allen Bailey and Joe Lafeged are probably the two that ended up hurting their stock the most. Bailey hasn't shown a single counter move all week... his bull rush has been easily neutralized by pretty much every offensive lineman there.

how bout the de i guess he is kid from nebraska pierre i think it is...he hasn't done squat in one on one drills all week...

watkins or john moffitt if given the choice???

put me down for liking costanza and carimi best at tackle...i'm never huge on guys who play with a lot of finesse...one of the reasons i wasn't much of a fan of chris williams from vandy when he came out...i like carimi don't know that i like him more than bulaga last year

Hard to imagine Pierre Allen or Joe Lefeged hurting their stock in my eyes, since I thought they were sh-t players to begin with.

put me down for liking costanza and carimi best at tackle...i'm never huge on guys who play with a lot of finesse...one of the reasons i wasn't much of a fan of chris williams from vandy when he came out...i like carimi don't know that i like him more than bulaga last year

I like Castonzo, Carimi and Sherrod all better than Bulaga last year. Solder is the guy I think is overrated and would put in the Bulaga area.

There's several of them that haven't done squat this week.. but their draft stock was never really all that reasonable in the first place...at least not to me. Pierre Allen is a prime example.

Watkins over Moffitt, because he can probably even play tackle in a pinch if he had too... but both of them are terrific players.

I like Castonzo, Carimi and Sherrod all better than Bulaga last year. Solder is the guy I think is overrated and would put in the Bulaga area.

i'm still a big fan of bulaga...up and down rookie season but he's been manning that right tackle spot pretty well in the postseason...i think he gets kicked over to the left side once chad clifton is no longer in the picture

There's several of them that haven't done squat this week.. but their draft stock was never really all that reasonable in the first place...at least not to me. Pierre Allen is a prime example.

Watkins over Moffitt, because he can probably even play tackle in a pinch if he had too... but both of them are terrific players.

i agree...give me watkins...i think he has more upside also...moffitt looks to me like maybe he's more the finished product

i was just naming a guy whose shown nothing this week in allen...not a stock hit reference

I'm with Slimm on Delone Carter. I think he's fantastic. He has great instincts between the tackles, and the physical potential to be a workhorse in the NFL. He has soft hands, explosive lower body, can hit the outside or inside, versatility from a system perspective, and he lowers the boom and delivers the blow. He was a workhorse at Syracuse and I think he'll be one in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he ran worse than a 4.55 at the Combine, but I agree that's sort of the tipping point on his stock. Significantly under 4.55 and he'll rise to the 2nd round IMO...although I do have to keep schooling myself that running backs in general always fall lower than you think.

Still, LeGarrette Blount ran like a 4.65 or something at the Combine, he was one of the best runners in the NFL this year.

Blount ran 4.70 at the combine and 4.59 at his pro day. For such a big guy he's pretty elusive and obviously he has the power to run over people.

I've always thought Carpenter was underrated. He stepped in for Andre Smith at left tackle 2 years ago and I've never seen him get beat one time over the past 2 years hoops... and I'm not exaggerating.

He's a little maxed out ability wise, but he's a tough, smart, dependable kid who just does his job and does it well. I think he has enough length, and his feet/technique are just enough to get him by in the NFL without being a liability... although I think he'll do well if a team kicks him inside to left guard too. He's been coached well by Joe Pendry during his time at Alabama... all Bama's offensive lineman have been coached well under Pendry (who just retired).. they went the entire 2009 season without a single holding call.

Ziemba is more prone to holding calls and can get caught playing too high, over-extending, etc.. but he's an athlete.

Both of them have a chance to stick in the NFL in my opinion... although James Carpenter could end up being better than anyone thinks.

Hey Ted...
have you seen where Gailey has moved
Carpenter to guard?
How do you feel about this move?

Back
Top Bottom