senior bowl week and game thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

It's going to depend on how Carter runs at the combine that is going to determine where he's drafted... right now he's probably holding in that 3rd/4th round area.

The cutoff point for scouts reguarding running backs is in the 4.55 range. If Carter can run 4.55 or better, I doubt he makes it out of the 3rd round.

He's been a workhorse at Syracuse for 2 years.

Titus Young is in the Ted Ginn/Desean Jackson mold frame wise... but he plays the game more like Desean Jackson. Titus Young is an excellent route runner and much more of a polished receiver than Ginnger was coming out of college.

His ability to be a threat on special teams as a returner only increases his stock. I have him in the 3rd round area.

D.J. Williams could be 5'10" and I'd still take him over 85% of the TE prospects that are 6'4"+.. this kid is a terrific athlete, with fine hands and run-after-the-catch ability. His impeccable character and intelligence is going to impress a lot of talent evaluators... might be the single best interview at the Senior Bowl this week. He's always been more of an H-back and will probably have to play off-set from the line of scrimmage... the more film you watch of D.J. Williams, the more you realize this kid just "gets it".

I've never been interested in Noel Devine...

agree on DJ Williams. love him. hes a more athletic Tony Moeaki IMO.

it's all on nfl network..........if you dont have it give me a pm.

I know Titus Young is recieving all the hype. He certainly deserves a lot of it, but I was very impressed with Vincent Brown. You just don't see many players that just pluck the ball of the air like that very often anymore. I think he has gotten out of breaks a little better than expected, but something that could still be improved upon. Where is his stock right? Mid-2nd?

I know Titus Young is recieving all the hype. He certainly deserves a lot of it, but I was very impressed with Vincent Brown. You just don't see many players that just pluck the ball of the air like that very often anymore. I think he has gotten out of breaks a little better than expected, but something that could still be improved upon. Where is his stock right? Mid-2nd?

i think he's a solid 3rd rounder...doesn't have the type of vertical game breaking ability to be a #1 wr in the nfl...more a intermediate route guy to me cause i don't think he'll run by people at the next level but this kids showing very well...drops his hips no wasted motion smooth out of his breaks...runs solid routes...if the balls in his area he's catching it

mayock says titus youngs a 3rd or 4th rounder i think someones coming to get that kid somewhere in round 2 to get that kind of speed and explosion on the field...kid runs some pretty decent routes also which was something i wasn't sure about prior to this week...

the only wr who i think has shown #1 or 1a ability is leonard hankerson...

i thought kendall hunter showed much better than i expected in pass pro drills vs lbs he was willing and he stuck his head in there i haven't always seen that kind of effort on the games i've reviewed from him in pass pro...i'm starting to think him making it to our 3rd round pick is wishful thinking to be honest...still think he' more a change of pace and 3rd down back though not a guy you give 15 plus carries a game in the pros

mark herzlich point blank a shadow of his former self...i don't think off of what i'm seeing i can justify a top 3 round pick there...he had trouble beating rbs in pass pro drills whether it was trying to run around a guy or overpower him with power...meh...not a chance we can afford to take that he'll get it back...

ricky stanzi meh...not seeing much

i thought kendall hunter showed much better than i expected in pass pro drills vs lbs he was willing and he stuck his head in there i haven't always seen that kind of effort on the games i've reviewed from him in pass pro...i'm starting to think him making it to our 3rd round pick is wishful thinking to be honest...still think he' more a change of pace and 3rd down back though not a guy you give 15 plus carries a game in the pros

mark herzlich point blank a shadow of his former self...i don't think off of what i'm seeing i can justify a top 3 round pick there...he had trouble beating rbs in pass pro drills whether it was trying to run around a guy or overpower him with power...meh...not a chance we can afford to take that he'll get it back...

ricky stanzi meh...not seeing much

I didn't want to mention it because it depressed me to see but I have to agree with you. Herzlich though is a guy I'm taking a chance on long term. The guy is just too much of a survivor to see what he is right now and think that's all he's going to be. It might take another full year (ala Michael Vick) to get where he was but he's the kind of guy I'm willing to push my chips to the center of the table and take a chance on. I think I still use a second rounder on him.

i'm with mayock the 2 kids from baylor are showing some things...the guard watkins sits down really well in pass pro and has some very strong hands only played football for 4 years and 26 years old but i'm a fan...i saw him get to the 2nd level a couple times on lbs with quickness and make solid contact not sure about him pulling though and phil taylor looks much better to me than cam thomas did last year...i could see him being the first true nose off the board...nice arm over move inside in one on one pass rush drills better feet than i anticipated only concern i'd have there is he's been 370 lbs before so weight like all these nose guys is a concern but he carries that 337 very well...and he came in this week in great shape...unlike terrence cody last year...if i was looking for a nose for my 3-4 he'd be pretty high on my list the way he's flashed

i know i'm gonna be looking for some baylor games to review...thats for sure

slimm...thoughts on james carpenter??? showing pretty well...maybe a late round right tackle prospect???

i came in wanting to see some lee ziemba cause i thought in the cam newton stuff i was looking at that he flashed a few things but he's another guy that pretty much stands up in pass pro at the snap and gets owned by guys playing with leverage...

i'm with mayock the 2 kids from baylor are showing some things...the guard watkins sits down really well in pass pro and has some very strong hands only played football for 4 years and 26 years old but i'm a fan...i saw him get to the 2nd level a couple times on lbs with quickness and make solid contact not sure about him pulling though and phil taylor looks much better to me than cam thomas did last year...i could see him being the first true nose off the board...nice arm over move inside in one on one pass rush drills better feet than i anticipated only concern i'd have there is he's been 370 lbs before so weight like all these nose guys is a concern but he carries that 337 very well...and he came in this week in great shape...unlike terrence cody last year...if i was looking for a nose for my 3-4 he'd be pretty high on my list the way he's flashed

slimm...thoughts on james carpenter??? showing pretty well...maybe a late round right tackle prospect???

i came in wanting to see some lee ziemba cause i thought in the cam newton stuff i was looking at that he flashed a few things but he's another guy that pretty much stands up in pass pro at the snap and gets owned by guys playing with leverage...

I've always thought Carpenter was underrated. He stepped in for Andre Smith at left tackle 2 years ago and I've never seen him get beat one time over the past 2 years hoops... and I'm not exaggerating.

He's a little maxed out ability wise, but he's a tough, smart, dependable kid who just does his job and does it well. I think he has enough length, and his feet/technique are just enough to get him by in the NFL without being a liability... although I think he'll do well if a team kicks him inside to left guard too. He's been coached well by Joe Pendry during his time at Alabama... all Bama's offensive lineman have been coached well under Pendry (who just retired).. they went the entire 2009 season without a single holding call.

Ziemba is more prone to holding calls and can get caught playing too high, over-extending, etc.. but he's an athlete.

Both of them have a chance to stick in the NFL in my opinion... although James Carpenter could end up being better than anyone thinks.

Remember when we reviewed Phil Taylor last year when we thought he was coming out? Dude was around 370 lbs last year, he was carrying too much weight and I said it. He looked to be laboring just walking around on the field after the play. I said he would benefit from another year in college. He trimmed down and looks much better...much better.

I think Mayock is underrating D. Sherrod. He has nice reach and really nice feet. I like him as one of the top-2 LT prospects. Said it in another thread, but C. Jordan is very impressive. The way he's abusing whoever is blocking him reminds me a bit of Odrick last year, but he's quicker and not as big. I'd like to see him add 5-10 lbs. Mayock said that when reviewing his notes, he wrote down 'Wow' for Von Miller than any other player he watched in college football this year. If I were to ask him to get bigger, I'd make sure he did it very gradually so as to not lose any of that explosion. Don't **** with once-a-generation ability to make someone 'solid' somewhere else.

Remember when we reviewed Phil Taylor last year when we thought he was coming out? Dude was around 370 lbs last year, he was carrying too much weight and I said it. He looked to be laboring just walking around on the field after the play. I said he would benefit from another year in college. He trimmed down and looks much better...much better.

yep...i remember that...looks a lot better

i think this von miller to a 4-3 team stuff is crazy also...take the one thing this kid does better than anyone else in the draft rush the passer off the edge and make him an olb in the 4-3???

i don't think so

Back
Top Bottom