Senior Bowl Week | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Week

Slots get jammed also but you can help offset that some by lining then up off the Los...although if you look at Jarvis landrys work this season you will see guys were riding him all over the place in the 5 yard zone off the los or not...i like Lockett though...but that size doesn't fix our problems

Landry is slow though. When I watched Senior Bowl practices they tried to jam Phillip Dorsett and he blew by guys before they could get their hands up lol.

As for the game I got to say I was disappointed in Sammie Coates. The first 3 passes on the south were to him...the first was way too late from Garrett Grayson...Coates was open out of his break but Grayson was running with the ball and thinking about throwing it far to long before he pulled the trigger and that allowed the DB to make a play. The offensive pass interference play was actually a good play by him on a terribly thrown pass. If he doesn't push off on the CB there it's a pick so it may have cost the team 15 yards but at least they kept possession. The deep pass was an excellent play by the CB to get his hand in there and come through the ball and knock it out but I wanted to see him jump inside the CB and high point the ball like Rannell Hall did later in the game (one of my sleeper WRs), which was a great play by Hall. Also the TD where he got one foot down...c'mon son...you've been practicing all week with NFL rules, don't give me the excuse you forgot you were going to the NFL. Get both feet down.

I still think Coates has major upside but the Dolphins are not in position to wait on that kid. He is raw as heck, an athletic freak, but way too raw. Dezmin Lewis, my other sleeper at WR, made some nice catches on the sidelines and showed the ability to high point the ball but I didn't see enough separation in his routes. I liked what I saw from the running backs but I don't know how much of that was due to bad play from the linebackers. None of the linebackers in that game did much at all. Carl Davis, to me, looked better than Danny Shelton at DT.

Hard to judge the CBs and WRs with the QB play being so, so bad.

Coates inside outsided his qb on that one deep ball thrown inside...if that's the one part of Coates game that isn't raw the vertical he should know you don't take it up the field early inside of the db and then late shift outside the db...

I didnt have much issue with that throw if he stays inside he has body position and can high point it but by shifting outside late the qbs already released the ball off his early release and inside positioning throwing to that spot and Coates screws him

He's too raw...his underneath route running has zero polish also...he'd frustrate the hell out of us in 2015

I wasn't impressed with devin smith either...lost all week physically vs press used his hands but still struggled to get off the Los into his routes vs the jam...I think he lacks strength..

Timing routes are thrown off when the guy gets redirected off the preferred line or doesn't get off the line...

I swear if there was ever a class to just trade out of for another year this has to be the one...if we hit on all 3 first 2 days picks hickey deserves serious credit and that 3rd rounder is probably a running back...cause it seems to have good depth at that point still

that senior bowl was chalk full of either not ready or just not very good...if there was 10 players that interested me on those two rosters combined I'd be surprised

Coates inside outsided his qb on that one deep ball thrown inside...if that's the one part of Coates game that isn't raw the vertical he should know you don't take it up the field early inside of the db and then late shift outside the db...

I didnt have much issue with that throw if he stays inside he has body position and can high point it but by shifting outside late the qbs already released the ball off his early release and inside positioning throwing to that spot and Coates screws him

He's too raw...his underneath route running has zero polish also...he'd frustrate the hell out of us in 2015

I wasn't impressed with devin smith either...lost all week physically vs press used his hands but still struggled to get off the Los into his routes vs the jam...I think he lacks strength..

Timing routes are thrown off when the guy gets redirected off the preferred line or doesn't get off the line...

I swear if there was ever a class to just trade out of for another year this has to be the one...if we hit on all 3 first 2 days picks hickey deserves serious credit and that 3rd rounder is probably a running back...cause it seems to have good depth at that point still

that senior bowl was chalk full of either not ready or just not very good...if there was 10 players that interested me on those two rosters combined I'd be surprised

This class is much better than the 2013 group.

This class is much better than the 2013 group.

not sure if you are talking the 2014 class given that was a year ago or not but i whih 'm all ears as to how that is the case...especially at our positions of need which is really all i ever care about

not sure if you are talking the 2014 class given that was a year ago or not but i whih 'm all ears as to how that is the case...especially at our positions of need which is really all i ever care about

No, the 2013 class. Last year's class was REALLY strong. This class doesn't look to be on that level, but it is better at some positions. QB at the top, RB, DE/edge (overall), DT, and I like this TE group better. The 2013 class, by comparison, was not as good as this. In this class, you won't see people trading up from 12 to 3 and losing only a 2nd.

My point is that it's a solid group. About average for a class. Plenty of talent to be had.

i don't see it...i see a lot of redshirts

Last edited by a moderator:
They are talking up Kevin white as being Jason verrett...I don't see it...white doesn't look like he will test as well as verrett...not as explosive...saw more burst with verrett

Quentin Rollins has a ton of potential but I didn't see any long speed or closing speed this week...that 3 cone and 40 is big for him...ball skills are high end...

Rollins will eventually be a free safety. He's 193 now and I believe he'll eventually be at 210. He'll destroy the 3 cone but I'm not sure about the 40. He'll also put up a 45" vertical.

Rollins will eventually be a free safety. He's 193 now and I believe he'll eventually be at 210. He'll destroy the 3 cone but I'm not sure about the 40. He'll also put up a 45" vertical.

that's interesting...my concern with that would be his tackling at safety...a little suspect at the senior bowl game for what i saw...

that's interesting...my concern with that would be his tackling at safety...a little suspect at the senior bowl game for what i saw...

Thing to remember about Rollins is that this was his first year playing football I'm presuming since high school. He played PG for the basketball team. He is going to be a little bit raw…but he also has some serious serious upside. For me when I see his tackling it looks like more of a technique/rep issue than a physicality or willingness. Kinda reminds me of Vontae as a physical specimen and athlete.

Quentin Rollins I have liked even more since the Senior Bowl... he has a high ceiling, he's a total defensive guy with instincts, and if he keeps learning and developing... UH OH!!! He has solid technique, a good runner, and softest hands while making great plays on the ball. And yes I think he can tackle... he can make tackles in the open field as well as solid wrap up tackles!!! Does he need more reps and work in that, yup... but who doesnt really (Denzel Perryman?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHm6iBW4qfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0yJtshslzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHm6iBW4qfc

No, the 2013 class. Last year's class was REALLY strong. This class doesn't look to be on that level, but it is better at some positions. QB at the top, RB, DE/edge (overall), DT, and I like this TE group better. The 2013 class, by comparison, was not as good as this. In this class, you won't see people trading up from 12 to 3 and losing only a 2nd.

My point is that it's a solid group. About average for a class. Plenty of talent to be had.

i don't see it...i see a lot of redshirts

LOL, some type of glitch. Makes me look like I'm talking to myself. Dammit hoops! :p

I know some guys don't think much of him, but folks are talking that Sean Mannion did enough senior bowl week to be as high as the 3rd QB taken. I'm not sure about that, and I think he's a 4th or 5th rd pick, but I'm telling you guys, dude has tools.

Back
Top Bottom