Senior Bowl Week | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Week

They are talking up Kevin white as being Jason verrett...I don't see it...white doesn't look like he will test as well as verrett...not as explosive...saw more burst with verrett

Quentin Rollins has a ton of potential but I didn't see any long speed or closing speed this week...that 3 cone and 40 is big for him...ball skills are high end...

They are talking up Kevin white as being Jason verrett...I don't see it...white doesn't look like he will test as well as verrett...not as explosive...saw more burst with verrett

Quentin Rollins has a ton of potential but I didn't see any long speed or closing speed this week...that 3 cone and 40 is big for him...ball skills are high end...

yeah but I am not seeing him touted as a first round pick either.

Slots deal with physical play and being ridden in the 5 yard zone all the time

I see you guys are talking on slot guys.... there are three definitely noticed that could be amazing slot guys in this years draft:

Jamison Crowder out of Duke: so fast, quick, great feet out of breaks and routes, and catches the ball with hands softly
Tyler Lockett out of Kansas State: same type of player, not as quick, catches the ball with hands softly, good feet
Phillip Dorsett out of Miami: FAST, footwork needs more work, I need to see more on his hands, might be more raw than the other two

I would love to see one of these guys snagged in later rounds... you can do a lot with these types of abilities out of the slot (Welker, Cruz when he was able to thrive)

Picture Wallace, Landry and a Crowder

Otherwise some guys that I thought had more impressive performances in drills and the game are

CB- Quentin Rollins of Miami Ohio... what a smooth running athlete who reads the ball well. showed that he can run with the guy, and never allowed seperation. good hands!!!
CB- Kevin White of TCU... same here, great acceleration to close on a WR, nobody ever beat him deep, he was always with his man. his hand placement was nice and usually on the inside!!!

DL- Danny Shelton of Washington... we all know on him
DL- Carl Davis of Iowa... loved this guy in many ways... definitely up there with Shelton, great athlete

RB/FB- Tyler Varga of Yale... who didnt love seeing him run, as well as block. I've seen him play a bit this season too... could be a hard nosed blocker, catches out of the backfield well, and can add some running. Anyone remember Lousaka Polite who I believe in his two years only failed once on a 3rd or 4th and short. We miss that!!!

LB- Denzel Perryman of Miami... though got injured, I've wached a lot of tape on him, and what a sure tackler, instinctive player with good speed and range. Needs to work on getting through blocks better, and hopefully gets into the backfield to make plays more.
LB- Eric Kendricks of UCLA... I just wanted to add his name here as a possability to draft, another sure tackler, good knowledge... a guy to keep an eye on
DE/OLB- Nate Orchard of Utah... I wasnt sure what to expect out of him at the new OLB position, but he came through with every athletic ability he has... making plays in the backfield as well as getting to the QB!!!

OG- Laken Tomlinson of Duke... a lot of noise came from him, he really impressed me and changed some thoughts I had on him before
C/G- Max Garcia of Florida... I like what I saw of him, a grinder, stays low... I want to see mroe of him

there was lots of ability in the OG position to take notice and keep an eye on... same with OT... guys that could hopefully develop with later round picks

Last edited by a moderator:
Slot rarely ever deals with press since they're not going to be on the line of scrimmage. You're only required to have 7 players on the LOS. You can't jam what's not lined up on the line of scrimmage.

Slot rarely ever deals with press since they're not going to be on the line of scrimmage. You're only required to have 7 players on the LOS. You can't jam what's not lined up on the line of scrimmage.

well yes.... so any thoughts on the slot style WRs i mentioned above??? do you know what rounds they are stated to be drafted at too???

I dunno, is that a trick question?

What makes you think he's a slot WR anyway?

I am sure he can play both, but I imagine he would be a slot guy in the NFL in a system like ours as well. Not a trick question. Just like to point out facts. Not trying to show anyone up or seem smarter or whatever.

But Lockett was playing slot alot yesterday.

I am sure he can play both, but I imagine he would be a slot guy in the NFL in a system like ours as well. Not a trick question. Just like to point out facts. Not trying to show anyone up or seem smarter or whatever.

But Lockett was playing slot alot yesterday.

I'd expect him to play both, I've also seen him play more outside in college. Not to mention, typically philbin has preferred bigger WRs in the slot, although they were clearly high on Landry.

I don't really know how much less a slot guy gets pressed, but if your weak against the press, every team will press you until you can beat it.

I'm not even saying he's bad against press, I really dunno, which is why I want to see it. There's new life in smaller WRs with guys like Sanders, Brown, and TY having the years they did. Those guys may very well probably changed the way scouts will view small WRs in the new NFL.

Probably why Mayock had Dorsett as a possible 1st rnd pick, which no one else has.

So there ya have what exactly...miamis slot for the next 10 years is Jarvis landry

Why not have two? After all, thats what Gibson was for. But if you can play outside too, and play special teams, then your more valuable...and he is faster. I think they would both destroy together. Kid has great character too.

But just jabbin on the press thang. no biggie.

Why not have two? After all, thats what Gibson was for. But if you can play outside too, and play special teams, then your more valuable...and he is faster. I think they would both destroy together. Kid has great character too.

But just jabbin on the press thang. no biggie.

Slots get jammed also but you can help offset that some by lining then up off the Los...although if you look at Jarvis landrys work this season you will see guys were riding him all over the place in the 5 yard zone off the los or not...i like Lockett though...but that size doesn't fix our problems

Back
Top Bottom