Senior Bowl Week | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Week

Crowder looks like he could pull a Landry. Quick, Natural. Imagine him in New England, then take him yourself.

Gimme Lockett and this guy and Wallace will really start to cry.

Langford looked really good in receiving drills. So did the kid from Yale, Varga...looked real good.

Jamison Crowder, Justin Hardy, Antwan Goodley looked really good in their routes and pass catching drills. Crowder and Hardy are really good at coming back to the ball and Goodley gets separation right from the LOS.

Shelton looked good in one-on-ones, no surprise. Henry Anderson looked good as well...seems like a good fit as a 5-technique for a 3-4 team...could be a sleeper. I like Carl Davis as well. Laken Tomlinson looked good at Guard as well and Max Garcia really surprised the heck out of me in one-on-ones.

I thought Hauoli Kikaha looked very fluid in drills. Jordan Hicks looked decent as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two favorite guys I watched on NFLN's coverage….Tomlinson and Hayes Pullard. I thought the LB showed very well.

Three days after UM's Chickillo shines at an All-Star Game, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah calls UM's Dorsett "star" of Senior Bowl practice.
@flasportsbuzz

wonder how high Dorsett will get drafted?

Honestly I absolutely love Sammie Coates as a prospect...the upside with him is massive, head of class high. Really looking forward to seeing what he does this week.

Three days after UM's Chickillo shines at an All-Star Game, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah calls UM's Dorsett "star" of Senior Bowl practice.
@flasportsbuzz

wonder how high Dorsett will get drafted?

If he runs low 4.3's like I expect...pretty freakin high. I think he goes 3rd round.

For those that care we supposedly met with Shelton and Perryman. Also heard Jamison Crowder and Kurtis Drummond being tossed around as guys we've talked to as well

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Also sounds like many scouts consider Garrett Grayson the 3rd best QB in the draft. Grayson had a pretty good year in McEllwain's offense, but I dunno if I'd consider him more than a project right now

For those that care we supposedly met with Shelton and Perryman. Also heard Jamison Crowder and Kurtis Drummond being tossed around as guys we've talked to as well

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Also sounds like many scouts consider Garrett Grayson the 3rd best QB in the draft. Grayson had a pretty good year in McEllwain's offense, but I dunno if I'd consider him more than a project right now

All the QBs in this class are projects. I was disappointed yesterday with Bryce Petty and his inability to throw on the run...I mean he can't throw while moving at all.

I've never seen anything but backups at best among the Senior class of quarterbacks... and very few of those.

The QB's who have any semblence of accuracy beyond 15 yards can't move or throw on the run, and succumb to pressure. The one's that can throw on the run... their accuracy drops off a cliff beyond 15 yards. If you draft any of these Senior quarterbacks, you do it with the understanding that you're drafting a system quarterback in an attempt to develope them into a backup.

If you're looking for talent, you need to be looking at another position.

Not impressed with Drummond - and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt because we need a FS, but I don't see it. Prewitt isn't perfect but is significantly better than Drummond imo.

Some tweets I missed from yesterday.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 20h 20 hours ago
Zach Hodges/Harvard looks really good in LB drills while Hau'oli Kikaha/Washington is really struggling.
I thought Kikaha looked very fluid in coverage yesterday.

Nate Orchard/Utah exclusively at d-line thus far.

Danny Shelton/Washington and Carl Davis/Iowa destroying the competition in 1 on 1.

Ty Montgomery/Stanford dropping more passes than he's caught.

Henry Anderson/Stanford picking up where David Parry left off last week and dominating in drills.
I was impressed with Anderson yesterday. Very strong at the POA.

TJ Clemmings/Pitt and Jamil Douglas/Arizona State struggling in 1 on 1 drills

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 18h 18 hours ago
Nick Marshall/Auburn looking solid in early going. Fluid feet, quick hips and nice burst out of his plant. Does not look lost.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 18h 18 hours ago
Can confirm Cam Erving/OL/Florida State not in attendance at Senior Bowl due to elbow injury. Much more later.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 17h 17 hours ago
Garrett Grayson/QB/Colorado State throws the ball with terrific velocity and pop. Ball to receivers as they're out of breaks.

Impressed with Phillip Dorsett/WR/Miami. Quick, fast and battles.
I'm telling you...don't sleep on this kid.

Tyler Lockett/WR/K-State looking real good. Beating defenders deep and also snatching underneath passes.
Wish I could have seen the South practice yesterday.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Hickey talking to media down in Mobile at noon. Philbin and Tannenbaum also down there

Philbin's down there? I don't remember him going the previous two years.

Dorsett's play speed is eye-popping. I don't care what 40 time he does, the evidence is on the field where he has both acceleration off the LOS and top-end speed. Body control too. He's a complete handful and a competitor. He can run a route too, he's not a pure fly-route merchant. Between him and Devin Smith, I prefer Devin, but not by much.

Carl Davis and Shelton are two of my fave DLs in this draft (also like ULL's Christian Ringo later in the draft and a few others), good to see them doing well. Not a massive Malcolm Brown or Gabe Wright fan. Feels like you could get that later in the draft.

Kikaha seems to polarise evaluators. I'm a fan and I consider him to be one of the superb athletes in the class. I've seen Rob Rang call into question his athletic ability, which to me is completely barmy. You could criticise his tweener size but his production and athleticism are there for anyone with a brain to see. 3-4 OLB all the way though.

I've never seen anything but backups at best among the Senior class of quarterbacks... and very few of those.

The QB's who have any semblence of accuracy beyond 15 yards can't move or throw on the run, and succumb to pressure. The one's that can throw on the run... their accuracy drops off a cliff beyond 15 yards. If you draft any of these Senior quarterbacks, you do it with the understanding that you're drafting a system quarterback in an attempt to develope them into a backup.

If you're looking for talent, you need to be looking at another position.

The guy I'm interested in Slimm is Connor Halliday on Day 3 or even UDFA. The broken leg will doubtless heal up fine. Speaking of his leg, the flaw I see in him is awful footwork - I think if his stance is cleaned up (and Lazor is OCD about stance) you have yourself at minimum a Matt Moore type backup.

What do you think? Am I off about his feet being the cause of his accuracy issues? I don't believe so but I like your take.

The guy I'm interested in Slimm is Connor Halliday on Day 3 or even UDFA. The broken leg will doubtless heal up fine. Speaking of his leg, the flaw I see in him is awful footwork - I think if his stance is cleaned up (and Lazor is OCD about stance) you have yourself at minimum a Matt Moore type backup.

What do you think? Am I off about his feet being the cause of his accuracy issues? I don't believe so but I like your take.

Shhhhh. Don't be talking up Connor Halliday in front of everybody like that.

Absolutely, he's the best pure passer of the group. Most QB's are helped by these Air-Raid systems like Mike Leach's. I think it actually hurt Halliday. You can't just ask your quarterback to throw it 70-80 times every game and it be at all beneficial to him.

If he were healthy and available, I think he'd stand out above all these Senior quarterbacks in an All-Star setting. It would be very interesting to see what he looked like after a few days of legitimate coaching.

Like most of these QB's, he'd have to adjust to being under center first and foremost. He'll need work on his drop, as he hasn't been asked to do it. Just all of the basic fundamentals. He'll have to learn how to read coverages and not just Choice/Switch routes based off the 4-Verticals concept, which is a staple of all Run-and-Shoot offense.

Just between me and you, I think he's a day 2 quarterback if healthy. But the fact is he's not.... as you pointed out. I think whoever spends a pick on him, gives him basically a redshirt season next year to get healthy and develope his fundamentals is going to be pleased in the long run. The only problem is that unless you're the starter, you don't get many reps at all in the NFL. He'll have to do it on his own.

Back
Top Bottom