Seriously, WTH happened? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seriously, WTH happened?

When's the last time Miami got the last laugh on anything? Maybe Chad Pennington exacting revenge on the Jets and Brett Favre in 2008? They perpetually have egg on their faces. I wouldn't be surprised if Quinton Coples commits some awful penalty or somehow becomes the goat late in the game on Sunday versus the Jets.

We're in trouble because Tannehill chokes is big moments. Always has, always will.

Playoff defense????? Playoff defenses can stop the run... Our defense can't

Tannehill is the least of our worries.....also I see a lot pf people bashing Lazor. I am not sure if it is Lazor or if we are so limited in what we can call because our O-Line is that bad. It is hard to evaluate Tanne or Lazor with our crap line!

Tannehill gave the league the blueprint. Yea, we lost to Dallas, but clearly Carolina was able to go on the road and beat them down on a short week because Tannehill showed them how it was done.

We beat the Eagles on the road and the next two teams scored 90 points on the Eagles because Tannehill gave a demonstration on how to riddle that defense. Simple as that.

Tannehill is the least of our worries.....also I see a lot pf people bashing Lazor. I am not sure if it is Lazor or if we are so limited in what we can call because our O-Line is that bad. It is hard to evaluate Tanne or Lazor with our crap line!

He's the LEAST of our worries? Wouldn't go that far, he actually ranks pretty high IMHO. The season was doomed shortly after the Vikings game, where Ross (off of emotions from a meaningless game) declared that Philbin would be back the following season. I honestly believe that has we had an offseason with any halfway decent coach, our record would be better than what it currently is. Maybe not enough to overcome the lack of talent at OL and LB, but enough to make a legitimate run at the 6th seed.... Now all we can do is wonder what could have been and look forward to what should be a very interesting offseason. Praying more than anything that we get the HC vacancy filled correctly. Hoping for the best but expecting Mangina....

Just watching Carolina on offense is what startles me the most. They actually try to run the ball and don't move away from it at the first sign of not being effective. Secondly almost every throw was DOWN the field. Power throws to WRs 10-15 yards. Very little dinks and dunks and throws past the marker. Plus the QB ran when the pocket broke down to gain some positive yardage

Something Tannehill would know nothing about

Thats the part I dont understand. Tannehill is a very athletic guy. Very. You very rarely see him do it. Has it been pounded so much into his head to stay in the pocket and finish your reads that he just can't do it or just has problems seeing it. WE know he is tough enough..some of the shots he takes are brutal

The Panthers have a really good Defense (top class LBs and DBs) and a very confident QB who has improved. They have not spent money on WRs, but it doesn't matter because they have a decent running game and the vets like Olsen, Cotchery and Ginn do their jobs. This is a no frills team that correctly prioritized their expenditures and successfully developed Cam Newton. It is an interesting and different approach to structuring a team. Where we have invested heavily in weapons for our young QB, Carolina has strengther their Defense and their O-line and spent very little on WRs. We wasted big money on really unsuccessful LBs like Wheeler and Ellerbe, but the Panthers invested a high Draft pick in Luke Kuechly. When did we ever invest a first round Draft pick on a middle linebacker?

Thats the part I dont understand. Tannehill is a very athletic guy. Very. You very rarely see him do it. Has it been pounded so much into his head to stay in the pocket and finish your reads that he just can't do it or just has problems seeing it. WE know he is tough enough..some of the shots he takes are brutal

Coming out of college one of the knocks in him was his lack of feel for the game, perhaps thats it? That's just some AWFUL coaching if he's being instructed to stay in the pocket and make his reads NO MATTER WHAT. If those reads are taking too long to develop you tuck the ball and get what you can. Make a play. Whether it's by arm or by legs: ten yards is ten yards. A touchdown is a touchdown regardless of you throw it or run it in. Its the most frustrating part of his game to me man. His instincts need to improve and fast, if they were what they should be he would be a much more dangerous player. Hopefully the next coaching staff drills it into him to adlib a bit more, have fun out there

Back
Top Bottom