Seriously, WTH happened? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seriously, WTH happened?

Here are my thoughts I posted a few days ago.. We are a terrible football team.

We haven't beaten the "mediocre" teams. We lost to the Bills twice (definition of mediocre at 5-5), the Jets (definition of mediocre at 5-5), Jacksonville (below mediocre at 4-6), Cowboys (well below mediocre at 3-7) and were demolished by the one good team on our schedule this year, the Pats. We barely squeaked by a terrible Philly team that just got embarrassed at home against Tampa and their rookie QB and a terrible Detroit team. Dallas comes in to Miami and dominates us on the ground and in TOP and gets smacked around like a little bitch against a good team while playing at home.

Again, what makes you think we can take care of mediocre teams when the evidence points that we haven't been able to take care of below mediocre teams all season long?

The team we all *thought* we had should be 9-1 or 8-2 at WORSE. The schedule couldn't have been any easier. Instead, we are 4-6 and a long shot to make the playoffs even if we lose only one more game this season.

The proof is in our Win/Loss Record (4-6). The proof is in our points per game (26th in the NFL). The proof is in the amount of yards rushed against (31st in the NFL). The proof is in our 3rd down conversion rate (31st). The proof is in our TOP (30th in the NFL). The proof is everywhere. It really isn't up for debate. We are a bad football team. These are indisputable facts.

Come to think of it, we may heading towards a rebuild. This team is bad from every imaginable angle and the level of our competition hasn't been that much better. These stats may also make other team situations more desirable for coaches because the Miami Dolphins are not only cap heavy at the top, but a very bad football team. The new coaching staff may also be stuck with Tannehill and who knows what the rest of the league thinks of him or what the consensus is. Sprinkle in Mr Ross and his track record and it could get worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dolphins are more concerned about their draft score card pertaining to value instead of recognizing talent and picking players that will become quality starters.
We are always picking for needs. That is why we never complete the team.
On occasion when Ireland tried to reach for greatness, he over paid and then whiffed on a bust.

We're in trouble because Tannehill chokes is big moments. Always has, always will.
Really like when he\offense drive to tie the game against Dallas and then The GREAT D lets Dallas drive the field and score and the momentum that they had is gone. GOD you people are nuts on everything being on Tannehill. What horrible pass protection that? What about dropped passes? What about the run D that is horrible? Oh that's right the QB needs to play every position and teach the OC to call better plays and have a feel for the game...

I am a Tannehill supporter. YES he needs to play better, but when you are restricted like he is with a garbage O line and bad play calling and I mean bad.. How can he succeed? When an OC stops running the ball and doesn't use play action or call bubble screens or sweeps on first down that get minimal yardage or a loss and put you in 2nd and long and 3rd and long, what he is supposed to do when the opposing D knows what's coming. Oh and then the WR's don't run deep enough routes. Oh I forgot Tannehill needs to coach them too and run the routes for them.. Get real

What happened is we have a playoff defense but we also have Ryan Tannehill

You must be watching a differant team, our defense has been below average all season

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

The Dolphins are more concerned about their draft score card pertaining to value instead of recognizing talent and picking players that will become quality starters.
We are always picking for needs. That is why we never complete the team.
On occasion when Ireland tried to reach for greatness, he over paid and then whiffed on a bust.

I dont agree that we always pick for need. I would argue that we totally bypassed need to draft a DT right after we signed one in free agency

Think new thing is to have no name WR,s. It's amazing they have no WR,s and there 10-0. New England are the same way. Just kinda freaks me out.

Thats the part I dont understand. Tannehill is a very athletic guy. Very. You very rarely see him do it. Has it been pounded so much into his head to stay in the pocket and finish your reads that he just can't do it or just has problems seeing it. WE know he is tough enough..some of the shots he takes are brutal

Philbin trained him to stay in the pocket and go thru all his progressions...

From 2012...

Per Ben Volin: Philbin said Tannehill has done a good job of staying "disciplined" and staying in the pocket this year: "Ryan’s a real disciplined individual and I think he’s made a conscious to stay with his progression, stay within the system and kind of do what we’re asking him to do. We’ve seen a lot of progress and development and we’re hopeful here starting Sunday that we see more here down the stretch." -

Another philbin quote, this time from 2013...

But he reiterated his preference for Tannehill’s poise.

“It’s better to have a guy willing to sit in there and function while some stuff’s compressing around him as opposed to, ‘I thought I felt something. I’ve got to get out of here,’ ” Philbin said.

Looks like tannehills issues stem from bad coaching....im glad philbin was training tanny to be a pocket passer than a run first qb but its clear as day philbin made it a point for him to stay in the pocket....

Never believe what the beat writers write..

about practices,

training camp,

preseason...

pretty much anything. They always get it wrong. They get paid to write and always have their own agenda.

Never believe what the beat writers write..

about practices,

training camp,

preseason...

pretty much anything. They always get it wrong. They get paid to write and always have their own agenda.

If youre talking about my posts theyre direct quotes from philbin...

Here are my thoughts I posted a few days ago.. We are a terrible football team.

We haven't beaten the "mediocre" teams. We lost to the Bills twice (definition of mediocre at 5-5), the Jets (definition of mediocre at 5-5), Jacksonville (below mediocre at 4-6), Cowboys (well below mediocre at 3-7) and were demolished by the one good team on our schedule this year, the Pats. We barely squeaked by a terrible Philly team that just got embarrassed at home against Tampa and their rookie QB and a terrible Detroit team. Dallas comes in to Miami and dominates us on the ground and in TOP and gets smacked around like a little bitch against a good team while playing at home.

Again, what makes you think we can take care of mediocre teams when the evidence points that we haven't been able to take care of below mediocre teams all season long?

The team we all *thought* we had should be 9-1 or 8-2 at WORSE. The schedule couldn't have been any easier. Instead, we are 4-6 and a long shot to make the playoffs even if we lose only one more game this season.

The proof is in our Win/Loss Record (4-6). The proof is in our points per game (26th in the NFL). The proof is in the amount of yards rushed against (31st in the NFL). The proof is in our 3rd down conversion rate (31st). The proof is in our TOP (30th in the NFL). The proof is everywhere. It really isn't up for debate. We are a bad football team. These are indisputable facts.

Come to think of it, we may heading towards a rebuild. This team is bad from every imaginable angle and the level of our competition hasn't been that much better. These stats may also make other team situations more desirable for coaches because the Miami Dolphins are not only cap heavy at the top, but a very bad football team. The new coaching staff may also be stuck with Tannehill and who knows what the rest of the league thinks of him or what the consensus is. Sprinkle in Mr Ross and his track record and it could get worse.

Incredibly insightful post -- my candidate for post of the year.

Just watching Carolina on offense is what startles me the most. They actually try to run the ball and don't move away from it at the first sign of not being effective. Secondly almost every throw was DOWN the field. Power throws to WRs 10-15 yards. Very little dinks and dunks and throws past the marker. Plus the QB ran when the pocket broke down to gain some positive yardage

Its a much different offense bottom line

Philbin trained him to stay in the pocket and go thru all his progressions...

From 2012...

Per Ben Volin: Philbin said Tannehill has done a good job of staying "disciplined" and staying in the pocket this year: "Ryan’s a real disciplined individual and I think he’s made a conscious to stay with his progression, stay within the system and kind of do what we’re asking him to do. We’ve seen a lot of progress and development and we’re hopeful here starting Sunday that we see more here down the stretch." -

Now this is interesting and it points to coaching

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Another philbin quote, this time from 2013...

But he reiterated his preference for Tannehill’s poise.

“It’s better to have a guy willing to sit in there and function while some stuff’s compressing around him as opposed to, ‘I thought I felt something. I’ve got to get out of here,’ ” Philbin said.

Looks like tannehills issues stem from bad coaching....im glad philbin was training tanny to be a pocket passer than a run first qb but its clear as day philbin made it a point for him to stay in the pocket....

This is a slippery slope though cause pocket progression is what has the most shelf life

Now this is interesting and it points to coaching

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

This is a slippery slope though cause pocket progression is what has the most shelf life

Thats why im glad he was developed as a pocket passer but based on what we know of philbin its very likely ryan would get reprimanded when or if he broke out of the pocket if he did sense pressure..

Thats why im glad he was developed as a pocket passer but based on what we know of philbin its very likely ryan would get reprimanded when or if he broke out of the pocket if he did sense pressure..

Yep and its a damn shame really because we all know that Tannehill is a master of sensing pressure. No sense in neutering him. He could have broken off some tremendous long TD runs.

Back
Top Bottom