Seriously, WTH happened? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seriously, WTH happened?

Rookie coaching staff up and down.
Failbin was a rookie
Lazarfail is a rookie
Croyle was a rookie
Sherman was a veteran and he did the argueably the best coaching job with Tannehill. Then let his friend Failbin convince him to forget about the run.
Lou Amwhateveryishisname is a rookie - only DC was experience was at the Merchant Marine?

Rookie player with rookie coaches.

that's the problem.

Something Tannehill would know nothing about

Not only is he not evasive, at first contact he simply bends over at the waist, which makes the ensuing gang tackle look like prison rape.

I always imagine that being a LOL moment for opposing fans.

Rookie coaching staff up and down.
Failbin was a rookie
Lazarfail is a rookie
Croyle was a rookie
Sherman was a veteran and he did the argueably the best coaching job with Tannehill. Then let his friend Failbin convince him to forget about the run.
Lou Amwhateveryishisname is a rookie - only DC was experience was at the Merchant Marine?

Rookie player with rookie coaches.

that's the problem.

Being a rookie staff wasn't the problem. The problem is that the staff came in with a plan, and the plan didn't work. That will happen. The big issue is that Philbin and his staff had no idea how to change. And as it's come out, the players resented Philbin and Coyle... also resented Sherman when he was here. You don't always have to like your coaches, but you have to respect them and our players didn't respect the staff. And when the staff consistently says they'll look into all options to improve and nothing changes, you're gonna start tuning them out.

A rookie staff can work with the right plan and execution, we had neither the head man or the assistants to execute those plans.

The Delmas injury hurt, he helped with the crapy db opposite grimes. The replacement for Delmas has been horrid. Thinking Suh would make up for crappy LB play was a colossal blunder. Thinking our guards are ok was just as bad. Tannehills penchant for starring down the receiver and poor pocket presence do not help. Blaming coaching for poor pocket presence is weak. Do you think Dallas would have beat us if Romo was not in?

having a QB who has been historically awful in his own division. seriously does RT17 have the worst record against divisional opponents in league history? It feels like its been a decade since we've beaten the ****ing buffalo bills.

Thats why im glad he was developed as a pocket passer but based on what we know of philbin its very likely ryan would get reprimanded when or if he broke out of the pocket if he did sense pressure..

Its hard to say who is truly the culprit but what i do know is campbell said last week that he wanted thill to run more and the oc called a bunch of actually qb designed runs in that very gameplan...so it didnt come across to me as they were in his ear to take off sometimes after his first or 2nd progression but to actually do so on play calls in from the sideline...which leads me more in the they want him to stand in and go thru progressions more mode than break out as in what hes being coached to do

But its year 4 now and i dont recall seeing a lot of natural taking off with the football under sherman as a improvisational aspect and so my read is its probably the qb and the staff sharing some fault there

Thats why im glad he was developed as a pocket passer but based on what we know of philbin its very likely ryan would get reprimanded when or if he broke out of the pocket if he did sense pressure..

Well i know that campbell said hed like to see tanny run more with it and like clock work the very next game against the cowboys the oc calls a bunch of qb designed runs which kinda leads me hes being coached to stand in an awful lot by the staff

It just boggles my mind that a qb with his overall talent and smarts for coverage and the ball going where it should post snap virtually every down could have a staff in his ear thru almost 4 years of game snaps about breaking from the script and taking off with the ball to elude pressure and he with invaluable game experience which he has now going on 60 nfl starts the light bulb wouldnt come on and things get more natural...

Id have to think at minimum its a combination of things...there has to be a lack of coaching there...the time management piece by the staff says the same thing to me...this staffs just extremely incompetent

I mean how hard would it be to show the qb some coverages in game week prep based on scenarios and down and distance etc and give him some mental half speed reps on where his opportunities would lie out of each if he was to climb the pocket and run with it etc...or if you break the pocket laterally tuck it and run and get down sometimes...

Mind boggling...thats why i want sean payton...feels to me like the qb not only has been neutered and restricted but the teaching element just isnt up to par when it comes to the qbs development...payton will answer the questions and really set the bar for what exactly we have in ryan tannehill...

I feel like this current staffs ceiling for qb development was progressions and foot work and thats pretty much it...maybe the non break from the script is a result of this scripted no freedom offense...

Last edited by a moderator:
After 4 years, it should be apparent that Ryan Tannehill will never be an elite pocket passer like Marino/Brady/Manning.

If you look at Russell Wilson's Super Bowl years, or Cam Newton's current undefeated 2015 season, you'll see that they're averaging around 600 yds rushing for those seasons.

On the other hand, Tannehill has 57 yds rushing this year.

Tannehill has weak pocket presence, but he's a good runner. To max out his offensive potential, he needs more designed runs - read-option runs, designed rollouts.

Tannehill isn't Marino, but he might be Russell Wilson. Let him use his legs.

Given the state of the o-line it is mind boggling that they do not roll him out more, seems he can throw pretty well regardless of the direction of the roll out.

Another thing that has been troubling ( to me ) is that it seemed early in his career he was better in the red zone and blitz situations than he is now.

the simple answer is .... they have a QB who can actually WIN games, and they have a QB on defense who can stop offenses.

sadly, we have neither ..... TH has not shown an ability to win games, and we have no starting caliber MLB (Jenkins is a very nice LB, but he is not a MLB).

THAT is the answer, plain and simple.

having a QB who has been historically awful in his own division. seriously does RT17 have the worst record against divisional opponents in league history? It feels like its been a decade since we've beaten the ****ing buffalo bills.

uh last season. Dolphins 22, Bills 9. 11/13/14

does anyone else think we look just like the jets did under Tannebaum?????

Given the state of the o-line it is mind boggling that they do not roll him out more, seems he can throw pretty well regardless of the direction of the roll out.

Another thing that has been troubling ( to me ) is that it seemed early in his career he was better in the red zone and blitz situations than he is now.

In RED ZONE 2012 Tannehill had a qbr of 89.0 which was 18th
2013 it was 101.6 qbr which was 6th
2014 it was 101.8 qbr which was 7th
2015 it is 87.8 or 20th....what a drop from 2014/2013 to now

In 2012 Tannehill had a qbr of 89.0 which was 18th
2013 it was 101.6 qbr which was 6th
2014 it was 101.8 qbr which was 7th
2015 it is 87.8 or 20th....what a drop over the past 2 years

Wonder how much he misses Charles Clay and maybe even Mike Wallace to spread the field.

Back
Top Bottom