Settle in Boys, Settle In... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Settle in Boys, Settle In...

I still can't belive Chubb got hurt down 40 in garbage time.

We need two starting edge rushers, a starting DT, a starter mike backer, a starter CB, a starter S, and an entire interior O-line.

Yeah, everything is fine...

The mass exodus of talent is among us.

The discarded scraps we will sign as to not impact the comp pick formula will not uplift this tattered and torn roster.

Backing up the Brinks truck for an injury prone limited QB who can't hide roster deficiencies is the kiss of death.

We had a two year window to make a run, we won zero playoff games.

But hey, at least the soft ass players who quit on the team and let Will Levis ruin the season all get the VIP #1 rated treatment.

What do we the fans get?

Settle in, this regime by this time next year will be looking for work...
When you "settle in" for a new team please post an announcement thread. I will buy the champagne. :lol: Seriously, I know you have donated and I respect that, but I wouldn't want to share a foxhole with you.

When you "settle in" for a new team please post an announcement thread. I will buy the champagne. :lol: Seriously, I know you have donated and I respect that, but I wouldn't want to share a foxhole with you.
I went to KC in -27 weather chap.

You would be so lucky to share a foxhole with me.

Furthermore, I'm not afraid to be an agent of change and demand more from this POS organization I was born into following.

But by all means, continue being a sheep and move along accoridngly...

Boom roasted

The mass exodus of talent is among us.

The discarded scraps we will sign as to not impact the comp pick formula will not uplift this tattered and torn roster.

Backing up the Brinks truck for an injury prone limited QB who can't hide roster deficiencies is the kiss of death.

We had a two year window to make a run, we won zero playoff games.

But hey, at least the soft ass players who quit on the team and let Will Levis ruin the season all get the VIP #1 rated treatment.

What do we the fans get?

Settle in, this regime by this time next year will be looking for work...
who do you blame? once again ross is on my list. he was probably the one behind the idea of shoving all the chips onto the table without having enough in the hand, and then even stupider entrusting grier to handle the execution. so while grier sucks, it is ross that had to endorse the whole strategy, and leave that knuckelhead grier to do it. this is not being negative, it is being objective. 23 years worth of data supports my perspective. they do not get the benefit of the doubt. prove me wrong, fine, but the burden of proof is on them, not me!

who do you blame? once again ross is on my list. he was probably the one behind the idea of shoving all the chips onto the table without having enough in the hand, and then even stupider entrusting grier to handle the execution. so while grier sucks, it is ross that had to endorse the whole strategy, and leave that knuckelhead grier to do it. this is not being negative, it is being objective. 23 years worth of data supports my perspective. they do not get the benefit of the doubt. prove me wrong, fine, but the burden of proof is on them, not me!
Honestly, the blame falls on McDaniel.

The coaching in that Titans game and down the stretch was horrendous.

We lost the defensive locker room over the Fangio drama, we didn't commit to the running game, and losing Chubb in that fashion was an absolute disgrace.

Blame to go around, but McDaniel could not galvanize the locker room amid the Fangio turmoil, that's on him..

And I ****ing love me some MM.

I went to KC in -27 weather chap.

You would be so lucky to share a foxhole with me.

Furthermore, I'm not afraid to be an agent of change and demand more from this POS organization I was born into following.

But by all means, continue being a sheep and move along accoridngly...

Boom roasted
Spoken like a true 34 year old know it all, who cant even spell the word "accordingly". I have no problem with improving the organization. I respect anyone's right to voice an opinion, as long as its done in an intelligent manner, with some modicum of manners.

I hope this talk comes for too much libation, and if so, enjoy your night. LOL!

Spoken like a true 34 year old know it all, who cant even spell the word "accordingly". I have no problem with improving the organization. I respect anyone's right to voice an opinion, as long as its done in an intelligent manner, with some modicum of manners.

Got to love the resolve of the grammar police when you just got your arse handed to you.

I'm ten times the fan you will ever be, and that's actually not something to boast about.

At the age of 34 I finally realize that's something to be embarrassed of.

And when it comes to football acumen, you don't hold a candlestick, believe that..

Free agency is irrelevant, Grier won't do anything to tarnish his comp picks from Wilkins and Hunt.

So your talking about discarded scraps like a Jonnu Smith or low end trades.

Unless we are drafting 5 starting defenders and three starting offensive lineman I fail to see how this zero playoff win roster will be improved.

Edit:

PS, I'll stop ranting, noted.

Jonnu Smith:

50 rec for 582 yrds (11.6 avg) and 3 tds with a 60 yard long in 2023. Oh, and he's an effective blocker.

If that's the discarded scraps we're getting...Bring it on please.

Jonnu Smith:

50 rec for 582 yrds (11.6 avg) and 3 tds with a 60 yard long in 2023. Oh, and he's an effective blocker.

If that's the discarded scraps we're getting...Bring it on please.

Looking for his 4th team in 4 years, must be a stellar specimen and not a wannabe H Back who never been worth didly.

Got to love the resolve of the grammar police when you just got your arse handed to you.

I'm ten times the fan you will ever be, and that's actually not something to boast about.

At the age of 34 I finally realize that's something to be embarrassed of.

And when it comes to football acumen, you don't hold a candlestick, believe that..
Massive apologies EPBRO. I stand in awe of your incredible talent, expertise, decade of fandom (I'm sure you have met Don Shula, Dan Marino, Mr. Ross) and I assume you have achieved success far beyond the rest of us. It's a tragedy that your years of being "ten times the fan (I) will ever be" is something you are embarrassed of. Which of the other 31 teams will you be supporting and imparting your considerable wisdom to?

I don't think it is uncalled for, a lot of us have been fans of the Phins since the '70s, I am one.

We are just frustrated at the direction of team, I mean just a couple of years ago, we had all these draft picks for which to build a foundation of a strong team. A team to finally end the playoff win drought, but somewhere along the way it got botched. Chris Grier whiffing on his draft picks and the owner causing us to lose a high-profile pick because of Tom Brady.

Chris Grier in order to, over compensate for his misses brought in these high priced oft-injured free agents to win now.

When has that approach ever even succeeded? As I mentioned earlier, it didn't work for the 1995 team.

I and others are frustrated with no playoff wins in 24 years, and the arrogance of Chris Grier to say the OL and RB position were fine.

We had opportunities to draft some good backs and lineman, only for Grier to pass them by.

A successful football team starts with the trenches, a concept this GM doesn't get.
We also passed up on Jefferson to draft AJ then traded 2 first the next yr to draft waddle. Biggest need over bpa has had us passing on better talent

I started walking toward the cliff 20 years ago, bound to get there and jump at some point.

Imma hold you back for a bit 😂

If we don't win a playoff game before I turn 50 (in 5 years) you might have company 😂 😂

Master Chief Jump GIF by Halo

beer GIF

Free agency is irrelevant, Grier won't do anything to tarnish his comp picks from Wilkins and Hunt.

So your talking about discarded scraps like a Jonnu Smith or low end trades.

Unless we are drafting 5 starting defenders and three starting offensive lineman I fail to see how this zero playoff win roster will be improved.

Edit:

PS, I'll stop ranting, noted.
Better coaching, fewer injuries, easier schedule=better result than last year.

Back
Top Bottom