Settle in Boys, Settle In... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Settle in Boys, Settle In...

The mass exodus of talent is among us.

The discarded scraps we will sign as to not impact the comp pick formula will not uplift this tattered and torn roster.

Backing up the Brinks truck for an injury prone limited QB who can't hide roster deficiencies is the kiss of death.

We had a two year window to make a run, we won zero playoff games.

But hey, at least the soft ass players who quit on the team and let Will Levis ruin the season all get the VIP #1 rated treatment.

What do we the fans get?

Settle in, this regime by this time next year will be looking for work...
If the reports of losing Wilkins and Hunt are true, then yeah I agree. This is going to be a bummer of an off season

I went to KC in -27 weather chap.

You would be so lucky to share a foxhole with me.

Furthermore, I'm not afraid to be an agent of change and demand more from this POS organization I was born into following.

But by all means, continue being a sheep and move along accoridngly...

Boom roasted

push GIF

I don't think it is uncalled for, a lot of us have been fans of the Phins since the '70s, I am one.

We are just frustrated at the direction of team, I mean just a couple of years ago, we had all these draft picks for which to build a foundation of a strong team. A team to finally end the playoff win drought, but somewhere along the way it got botched. Chris Grier whiffing on his draft picks and the owner causing us to lose a high-profile pick because of Tom Brady.

Chris Grier in order to, over compensate for his misses brought in these high priced oft-injured free agents to win now.

When has that approach ever even succeeded? As I mentioned earlier, it didn't work for the 1995 team.

I and others are frustrated with no playoff wins in 24 years, and the arrogance of Chris Grier to say the OL and RB position were fine.

We had opportunities to draft some good backs and lineman, only for Grier to pass them by.

A successful football team starts with the trenches, a concept this GM doesn't get.
and to think Detroit won more playoff games this year(2) then the Dolphins have won this century(1).....the frustration is real brother but at this point all we can do is hope for the best

Damn it - I got suckered into reading something dumb again - some day I'll learn - what is this trash?

My man, you really need to get a grip. For those who don't know, EPBro is the one who quit the site. Then unquit the site. And now this.

Sounds like football is messing up your life, just walk away man.

I still can't belive Chubb got hurt down 40 in garbage time.

We need two starting edge rushers, a starting DT, a starter mike backer, a starter CB, a starter S, and an entire interior O-line.

Yeah, everything is fine...
I still can’t believe Chubb ripped his helmet off on the field, mad at himself for whiffing so badly on an easy sack, giving the Titans a fresh set of downs and turning a FG into a TD in a game we lost by one point. Frankly inexcusable, I’ll always be bent at Chubb for that nonsense.

The discarded scraps we will sign as to not impact the comp pick formula will not uplift this tattered and torn roster.

Backing up the Brinks truck for an injury prone limited QB who can't hide roster deficiencies is the kiss of death.

But hey, at least the soft ass players who quit on the team and let Will Levis ruin the season all get the VIP #1 rated treatment.

What do we the fans get?

Settle in, this regime by this time next year will be looking for work.

I still can't belive Chubb got hurt down 40 in garbage time.

We need two starting edge rushers, a starting DT, a starter mike backer, a starter CB, a starter S, and an entire interior O-line.

Yeah, everything is fine...

Damn…who pissed in your Cheerios??!

Idk, tough one with Wilkins. Last season was his best, prior to that he never had many sacks in a season. I think that he was playing for a bug payday and usually once those players get that big payday they never put up good numbers again. Not everyone is a dawg like Tyreek.

Hunt, nope, he isn’t worth big money.

Baker, nope, most have wanted to see him gone, not worth big money.

Grier can free up cap with restructuring players now. Also, signing Tua to a long term deal can free up cap in the short term. I just wish we had more draft picks and also could have tagged Wilkins and pushed for a trade so that we could get more picks.

Even though I have been critical of Tua being a choker, we have to sign him to a deal but one that has a team friendly exit if he doesn’t produce. But I think he will get better, hiring a private QB coach this offseason is a good move. Plus, he has always worked hard to improve every year. But losing these players, more pressure will be on Tua.

I really enjoy the stupid arguments people get into. Can't you argue privately or something. I'm afraid this site, which I've enjoyed for years, is becoming much like the rest of the internet populated by jerk offs who hide behind their keyboards. Here's my deal. In life I don't take crap from anyone in this world, not anyone, don't care who you are or think you are. I'm not going to take abuse online either. It's just not who I am. I hope this site doesn't become hateful and nasty like most of the internet. I have a theory. There's always been jerks but I never knew them or heard their opinions because I avoid nasty people, who needs them. So along comes the internet and now these creeps have a forum. Now we are seeing their nasty takes on everything!! How many 14 year old Jet fans are lurking on this site anyway?? Is it all drunks and kids now??
BTW, the players we are losing are the most greedy. They are not worth what they are asking. Move them out and replace them. Let's give the staff a chance to retool or whatever it is you do when star players leave the team for more money. With a trade down or 2 this draft could be a very good one for the trenches. Let's not flip our lids until we see FA and the draft.
Can we try to raise the level of conversation around here? Show some respect for each other. I won't ever attack anyone but if attacked watch it. I'll come over the top and crush your tiny cerebellums. I'm kidding of course, but, we used to have a group of amazing posters and I'm afraid the attacks might have caused them to stop posting here. It's a really big loss. We had a guy here that has vast knowledge in the draft, a true expert that watches more film than anyone. I saw people insult him and say what do you know? Don't blame him for bailing. If we keep losing our best posters we'll be left with only a group of pathetic keyboard warriors. Can we class it up? If we can't I'm going to stop posting here. I know!!! Don't let the door hit me.........just do better.
This 100% .. let’s all remember why we are here . We love our Dolphins! This team makes me feel like a little boy again. I remember sitting with my father watching the end of Marino’s career and cheering my heart out for Jay Fiedler (even though he really didn’t even belong on the same playing field as most NFL QBs) we still supported him 100%. Tua deserves amour same support as well whether you think he’s the guy or not.. he’s still a Dolphin! Let’s support our guys and hope CG and MM have some big plans for the off-season! I’m excited to see it. We all need to remember we’re all here because we love this team!

What do we the fans get?

Settle in, this regime by this time next year will be looking for work...
You can't just give up all hope yet.

There is like a .01% chance Grier drafts 5 HOFers this draft with our 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks and we will win a Superbowl.

I havnt lost all hope just 99.99% of hope.

Back
Top Bottom