Settle in Boys, Settle In... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Settle in Boys, Settle In...

I still can’t believe Chubb ripped his helmet off on the field, mad at himself for whiffing so badly on an easy sack, giving the Titans a fresh set of downs and turning a FG into a TD in a game we lost by one point. Frankly inexcusable, I’ll always be bent at Chubb for that nonsense.
Now THAT.....is a reason to be pissed at Chubb. That was extremely frustrating to watch.....

I still can’t believe Chubb ripped his helmet off on the field, mad at himself for whiffing so badly on an easy sack, giving the Titans a fresh set of downs and turning a FG into a TD in a game we lost by one point. Frankly inexcusable, I’ll always be bent at Chubb for that nonsense.
That B.S changed the whole trajectory of the season. Just like Waddle 2 years ago when he did this, we're never gonna win anything when our top players keep f****** up so epically. Hope they learn on their own, McDaniel certainly doesn't worry anybody.

Better coaching, fewer injuries, easier schedule=better result than last year.
We had a very easy schedule this past year, hard to see how it's going to get any easier. Two division opponents in the bottom 10 of the league, Chargers, Broncos, Panthers, Giants, Titans (Whoops!), Raiders. Ya I wouldn't be counting on an easier schedule.

I don't think it is uncalled for, a lot of us have been fans of the Phins since the '70s, I am one.

We are just frustrated at the direction of team, I mean just a couple of years ago, we had all these draft picks for which to build a foundation of a strong team. A team to finally end the playoff win drought, but somewhere along the way it got botched. Chris Grier whiffing on his draft picks and the owner causing us to lose a high-profile pick because of Tom Brady.

Chris Grier in order to, over compensate for his misses brought in these high priced oft-injured free agents to win now.

When has that approach ever even succeeded? As I mentioned earlier, it didn't work for the 1995 team.

I and others are frustrated with no playoff wins in 24 years, and the arrogance of Chris Grier to say the OL and RB position were fine.

We had opportunities to draft some good backs and lineman, only for Grier to pass them by.

A successful football team starts with the trenches, a concept this GM doesn't get.

This approached worked for the Peyton Manning Broncos, Stafford led Rams and the Brady led Bucs.

But I understand your frustration. I agree it's annoying we went so aggressive only to get absolutely no where, again.

However I think the only player we are losing that really hurts us is Wilkins but even then we have another good DT in Seiler. The other guys are all replaceable. We tried to sign Wilkins but he wanted more.

Oh for sure.

That was atrocious.

I always love this "continue being a sheep" phrase. What can you, I or anyone else do to change the course of this team? We don't hire people, we don't draft players.....so aside from flat out no longer watching the team or buying their merchandise, there is nothing we can do to alter the direction of this team. You can rant all you want, but ultimately, if you continue to watch the team year in and year out, you are just as much a "sheep" as the people who choose to remain somewhat positive and optimistic 🤷‍♂️.
Disagree completely.

Bro I get where you're coming from but I think there is some hope that we come out of this offseason, not with a better overall team but with a better offense. The D just has too many holes as we clear up all this cap mess we are in, plus a new coordinator and hurt edge rushers. The offense however has a core to build around (Tua, Tyreek, Waddle and the Achane/Moster combo). If (big if) we can build a strong offensive line and add just one other playmaker in the receiving game to keep opposing defenses honest, the offense could get much better and we could still win a bunch of games and make the playoffs (and God willing win one or two).

Then if we are letting guys walk now and picking up comp picks we'll go into 2025 with 10 or potentially more picks and be able to hopefully do some real damage.

Massive apologies EPBRO. I stand in awe of your incredible talent, expertise, decade of fandom (I'm sure you have met Don Shula, Dan Marino, Mr. Ross) and I assume you have achieved success far beyond the rest of us. It's a tragedy that your years of being "ten times the fan (I) will ever be" is something you are embarrassed of. Which of the other 31 teams will you be supporting and imparting your considerable wisdom to?
Been a fan since the crib.

Went to Marino's jersey retirement game and HOF induction.

Dozens of games including the coldest in team history as mentioned at KC.

Travel to Training Camp every year and support the site with a write up.

Watched all of the film pre my era, read "Shula" by Mark Ribowsky and "Seventeen and Oh".

Also have a father who hasn't missed a game since the expansion impart every single interesting nugget of Dolphins history on me.

Dolphins football was the single most important thing in my household growing up...

Not only do I have 100 times the knowledge on personel and X's / O's in the common era, I guarantee I have more encyclopedic knowledge of everything that happened before my time then you do.

GUARANTEE.

You would think some limp dick expat by the age of 61 would learn when his goose is cooked.

It's nearly time to put you out to pasture old man, don't forget your walker. .

It’s a long offseason, we’ve been free agent champs multiple times, it’s amounted to ****. I’ll panic when I see the actual roster in August/September. I’m no fun.

The last time the Miami Dolphins won a playoff game it was because of a “discarded scrap “. Actually there were a few that year. Can you name them?
Lamar Smith for 200+ with his signature yellow mouth piece.

And that was also OJ's last stand as he went for 100+.

The Colts had the leading passer, receiver, and rusher that season (Peyton / Marvin / Edge).

It was also so long ago it was when the Colts were still in the AFC East.

I was actually in SF the following week when we choked in Oakland against Gruden.

When Fiedler threw a redzone pick-6 to start the game I knew we were screwed.

I also remember Lamar Smith not being worth a damn cause they wore his ass out the week before.

Looking for his 4th team in 4 years, must be a stellar specimen and not a wannabe H Back who never been worth didly.

Stats speak for themselves.

We can't get top talent right now because of the cap, but if for the time being we can get talent that might get the job done, why not take a shot.

My man, you really need to get a grip. For those who don't know, EPBro is the one who quit the site. Then unquit the site. And now this.

Sounds like football is messing up your life, just walk away man.
I was hoping someone would bump that! It's true, it is!

Well done chap.

Edit, the fact that you took the time to dig back through and find that proves my point even further that you know deep down that I'm dead on and need evidence to convince yourself otherwise.

Edit again, I'm also with it enough to understand that the window closed last year, we only waited 24 years for it. Maybe it will take until the next quarter century for you to wise up...

Last edited:
We had a very easy schedule this past year, hard to see how it's going to get any easier. Two division opponents in the bottom 10 of the league, Chargers, Broncos, Panthers, Giants, Titans (Whoops!), Raiders. Ya I wouldn't be counting on an easier schedule.
It's less top-heavy this year. Instead of playing teams on the road like Philly, Baltimore, and KC (kinda). The Dolphins are playing Indy, Houston, Cleveland, L.A., Seattle, and Green Bay. No "gimmies", but no Super Bowl contenders.

They play Tennessee and Vegas again.

Back
Top Bottom