Settle in Boys, Settle In... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Settle in Boys, Settle In...

Your right we don't know but you hear rumors that Hunt and Wilkins will 100% be testing Free Agency.
Sad Happy Hour GIF

The rumor on Williams is good, he apparently is willing to wait a while before signing with anyone, hoping to stay with us and recover from his injury. I love Williams now, I don't care about his bad snaps and anyone who has a bad word to say about Conner Williams. I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA
x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

I've not heard any rumors about AVG lately, if anyone has any updates I'd be all ears
Listen Elephant Ears GIF by BBC America
Nice dental work. - LOL

I still can't belive Chubb got hurt down 40 in garbage time.

We need two starting edge rushers, a starting DT, a starter mike backer, a starter CB, a starter S, and an entire interior O-line.

Yeah, everything is fine...
How do those teams that didn't make the playoffs look to you? - LOL

When you "settle in" for a new team please post an announcement thread. I will buy the champagne. :lol: Seriously, I know you have donated and I respect that, but I wouldn't want to share a foxhole with you.
I can understand that - too many bombs would be incoming. - LOL

I went to KC in -27 weather chap.

You would be so lucky to share a foxhole with me.

Furthermore, I'm not afraid to be an agent of change and demand more from this POS organization I was born into following.

But by all means, continue being a sheep and move along accoridngly...

Boom roasted
Are you trying to impress me with your "Dolphin-isim".

When I was a Bengals fan, I stayed home from a playoff game in Cincinnati between the Bengals and the S.D. Chargers in the 1970's or was it the 1980's.

Weather:
Sunny skies.
Air temperature = -16 degrees F
Humidity = 65%
Wind factor ==> -59 degrees F

Based on your information and mine, who was the biggest idiot? - LOL

As for being lucky to share a foxhole with you, that depends on who the fox was? - LOL

Now I get it; "agent for change", you're a "mole". Thats a relative of the "Lemmings" if memory serves. - LOL

Some sheep have big horns and are nimble enough to climb the Rocky Mountains. Your ignorance of animals is almost as great as your football insight.

"Boom roasted".
So, you are "foisted on your own petard". - LOL

Note:
No money was paid in order to get a post so well set up to receive my "snark-isims". - LOL

Last edited:
who do you blame? once again ross is on my list. he was probably the one behind the idea of shoving all the chips onto the table without having enough in the hand, and then even stupider entrusting grier to handle the execution. so while grier sucks, it is ross that had to endorse the whole strategy, and leave that knuckelhead grier to do it. this is not being negative, it is being objective. 23 years worth of data supports my perspective. they do not get the benefit of the doubt. prove me wrong, fine, but the burden of proof is on them, not me!

So, birds of a feather do "flock" together. - LOL

Got to love the resolve of the grammar police when you just got your arse handed to you.

I'm ten times the fan you will ever be, and that's actually not something to boast about.

At the age of 34 I finally realize that's something to be embarrassed of.

And when it comes to football acumen, you don't hold a candlestick, believe that..

Was that the first time you saw your image in a mirror? - LOL
Imma hold you back for a bit 😂

If we don't win a playoff game before I turn 50 (in 5 years) you might have company 😂 😂

Master Chief Jump GIF by Halo
I just can't help myself.
Some of these posts are just too easy to provide an appropriately "snarky" reply. - LOL

Are you trying to impress me with your "Dolphin-isim".

When I was a Bengals fan, I stayed home from a playoff game in Cincinnati between the Bengals and the S.D. Chargers in the 1970's or was it the 1980's.

Weather:
Sunny skies.
Air temperature = -19 degrees F
Humidity = 65%
Wind factor ==> -59 degrees F

Based on your information and mine, who was the biggest idiot? - LOL

As for being lucky to share a foxhole with you, that depends on who the fox was? - LOL

Now I get it; "agent for change", you're a "mole". Thats a relative of the "Lemmings" if memory serves. - LOL

Some sheep have big horns and are nimble enough to climb the Rocky Mountains. Your ignorance of animals is almost as great as your football insight.

"Boom roasted".
So, you are "foisted on your own petard". - LOL

Note:
No money was paid in order to get a post so well set up to receive my "snark-isims". - LOL
You rooted for another team?
Lol

Best not to admit that

I really enjoy the stupid arguments people get into. Can't you argue privately or something. I'm afraid this site, which I've enjoyed for years, is becoming much like the rest of the internet populated by jerk offs who hide behind their keyboards. Here's my deal. In life I don't take crap from anyone in this world, not anyone, don't care who you are or think you are. I'm not going to take abuse online either. It's just not who I am. I hope this site doesn't become hateful and nasty like most of the internet. I have a theory. There's always been jerks but I never knew them or heard their opinions because I avoid nasty people, who needs them. So along comes the internet and now these creeps have a forum. Now we are seeing their nasty takes on everything!! How many 14 year old Jet fans are lurking on this site anyway?? Is it all drunks and kids now??
BTW, the players we are losing are the most greedy. They are not worth what they are asking. Move them out and replace them. Let's give the staff a chance to retool or whatever it is you do when star players leave the team for more money. With a trade down or 2 this draft could be a very good one for the trenches. Let's not flip our lids until we see FA and the draft.
Can we try to raise the level of conversation around here? Show some respect for each other. I won't ever attack anyone but if attacked watch it. I'll come over the top and crush your tiny cerebellums. I'm kidding of course, but, we used to have a group of amazing posters and I'm afraid the attacks might have caused them to stop posting here. It's a really big loss. We had a guy here that has vast knowledge in the draft, a true expert that watches more film than anyone. I saw people insult him and say what do you know? Don't blame him for bailing. If we keep losing our best posters we'll be left with only a group of pathetic keyboard warriors. Can we class it up? If we can't I'm going to stop posting here. I know!!! Don't let the door hit me.........just do better.
I hope I'm not one of those "jerk offs". - LOL

I totally agree. I see no way that this roster will be improved over last year without completely destroying the cap in the future. If Grier can actually accomplish that, I promise no more negative posts about Grier. People on here getting excited about Jonnu Smith. Like, yeah, that's the biggest need on the team

I think the biggest needs this year are:

1) Getting control of the cap by cutting some overpriced players, like "X".

2) Expanding our number of draft selections without throwing any money out to do it.

3) Using a lot of restraint in FA; don't try to get top players for top money, get some relatively solid vets for relatively low cost with a responsible limit as to what we spend in FA.

4) Use this season to help our OL over any other selected positions. Select the BPA as often as possible - we have plenty of areas that can be improved.

5) Take advantage of our coaching to develop our newly drafted players for their positions at the NFL level. This includes, but is not limited to:
a) Developing a nutrition plan for year-round use with specific requirements for use during the playing season
b) Developing the appropriate basic skills required by their position, such as blocking, tackling football handling, avoiding penalties and studying the playbook and tapes of the opposition.
c) Exercise programs for use off season and during the season.
d) Learning the NFL's rules and regulations.

6) Have a plan for bringing in players during the season as money (cap space) permits. Identify the necessity for, and available of FA's, to cover injuries. This means establishing a good relationship with FA's we can't bring on board right away, but who will likely be available during the season. Ideally, they will maintain a dietary and physical exercise plan so they could be ready on a moment's notice.

We may not be in as big a hole as many posters here think we are in.

I really enjoy the stupid arguments people get into. Can't you argue privately or something. I'm afraid this site, which I've enjoyed for years, is becoming much like the rest of the internet populated by jerk offs who hide behind their keyboards. Here's my deal. In life I don't take crap from anyone in this world, not anyone, don't care who you are or think you are. I'm not going to take abuse online either. It's just not who I am. I hope this site doesn't become hateful and nasty like most of the internet. I have a theory. There's always been jerks but I never knew them or heard their opinions because I avoid nasty people, who needs them. So along comes the internet and now these creeps have a forum. Now we are seeing their nasty takes on everything!! How many 14 year old Jet fans are lurking on this site anyway?? Is it all drunks and kids now??
BTW, the players we are losing are the most greedy. They are not worth what they are asking. Move them out and replace them. Let's give the staff a chance to retool or whatever it is you do when star players leave the team for more money. With a trade down or 2 this draft could be a very good one for the trenches. Let's not flip our lids until we see FA and the draft.
Can we try to raise the level of conversation around here? Show some respect for each other. I won't ever attack anyone but if attacked watch it. I'll come over the top and crush your tiny cerebellums. I'm kidding of course, but, we used to have a group of amazing posters and I'm afraid the attacks might have caused them to stop posting here. It's a really big loss. We had a guy here that has vast knowledge in the draft, a true expert that watches more film than anyone. I saw people insult him and say what do you know? Don't blame him for bailing. If we keep losing our best posters we'll be left with only a group of pathetic keyboard warriors. Can we class it up? If we can't I'm going to stop posting here. I know!!! Don't let the door hit me.........just do better.
I feel you bro, hang in there, the internet is like life, you gotta find your minority of people you respect because the majority isn’t gonna be that for us.

Same here.. it will always be like in life, how many true friends do you have over your lifetime ?

But in the end those few are worth it

You rooted for another team?
Lol

Best not to admit that

Over the years I became a fan of the hometown team wherever I lived.

The only time I chose a team outside of the geographical area I lived in, it was the Dolphins. I followed Adam Gase when he came here, and I stayed when he left. I wanted to see how a team builds itself up, and I have not been disappointed.

I am always dismayed by the "Lemmings" on this board. They are so worried about what they have not had as a team over the last 50 years, that they are ignoring the transformation occurring right before their eyes.

Back
Top Bottom