Shannon Sharpe takes shots at JT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shannon Sharpe takes shots at JT

I didn't view JT's comments as trying to campaign for the award, nor did I see them as being a sore loser. The bottom line is that nobody in the NFL wants to talk about the 8oo pound gorilla in the room : Steroids. I'm sure that there are several NFL players using performance enhancing drugs. For those that are clean, it must be very frustrating to compete against cheaters. I applaud JT for what he said about Merriman. Quite frankly, the NFL needs to address this issue soon, as well as the alarming number of players who are running afoul of the law.

Shannon's a lot bigger than his brother.

Shannon was good friends with Romanowski in Denver.

Shannon doesn't like someone speaking out about steroid use.

Hmm...

This is probably before most of your time, but way back when he took his shots at Danny, his mother made him apologize. Seriously...

:dolphins:

Was Jason Taylor on a soapbox preaching his opinion on the matter? I think a reporter asked him about it and he answered with his opinion. The media ran with it....
Jason is classy guy.... I have no problems with what he said, at least somebody had the guts to say it. Does shannon have a problem with the message to little kids of what cheating can do for you if you don't get caught?

Man I felt JT went ahead and said what everyone was too afraid to say and I applauded him for it. He took a great risk by saying anything. He risked coming off as a whiner that just wanted to win the award. But anyone that knows JT, knows that isn't him. He doesn't give a rats arse about the award. He does give a rats arse about linking professional football players and drugs. This is the guy that initially applauded Ricky's decision to retire early while he could still walk, and then completely lambasted him once he discovered the truth about Ricky's pot use.

The fact of the matter is NOBODY would talk about the big elephant in the room with Merriman's being on roids and then being considered for post-season honors. Well, it needed to be talked about. JT broke the ice at great risk to his reputation, and from then on other guys like Champ Bailey and some other players chimed right in and said the same...exact...thing.

So kudos to JT.

/END THREAD

JT had every right to say what he did. The problem arises where he was the frontrunner for the defensive MVP and his comments can easily be spun as a whiner........and him being in the league as long as he has knows that it WILL be spun that way.

I completely agree w/him but in this case he would have been better just to keep quiet because of the unique situation he was in.

I agree. JT needed to shut up. He was worried about his personal awards while playing on a horrible team. Comes off bad.

Taylor has a right to his opinion, but I don't have a strong feeling either way as to wether or not he should have voiced it. As to Shannon Sharpe, anyone with a speech impediment, horse face and low i.q. should probably just shut up and be glad that he has a job on t.v. I can't believe that he's related to Sterling, who is 10x better as an announcer.

How does anybody know when Shannon Sharpe is taking a shot at them? I can't understand a word he says..........

I think what JT did was not so much motivated by his desire to win the award, but rather due to his sense of professionalism. He was not only right in what he said, but THAT he said it. I was watching the NFL Network the other night and they were discussing the fact that others have now chimed in with their thoughts on the matter, namely one of the Colts (Dwight Freeney I believe it was). They were praising him for breaking the ice and being a leader by speaking out. I agree. I think that JT showed great character by doing that. NFL Players, as a whole, have a pretty good rep for their charitable work and whatnot; so when one of them does something stupid, it makes them all look bad.

Shannon is operating in the old boys network, don't call out the bad. Well, if you don't, stuff like that can slide by unnoticed and it becomes a cancer. Look at all the trouble going down over on the Bengals? If the NFL had as draconian a policy on players getting arrested as they do for failing a drug test, maybe that stuff would happen a lot less.

Shannon shapre needs to STFU. First the Marino comment and now this bull****. Just shut ur trap shannon.

Back
Top Bottom