SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

Bumrush said:
I'm excited about the trade but I'm also a bit nervous about the direction of team. Giving up Odom and Caron may be a bit too much, but we have to make this trade. Bringing in Shaq helps us improve the team in so many ways, it opens up shots for Wade and Jones and gives us the ability to sign free agents that may opt for different teams.

With Shaq you become the frontrunner in East. We were having a poor offseason to begin with, we lost Rafer and haven't improved the team at all.
Shaq is one of the greatest players in NBA history. If he was 25 years old I would go as far as including Wade in the trade. But he is 32 years old and not in prime condition. This is my fear. Shaq gets injured or plays poorly and the fun we had last year in the playoffs becomes a nightmare next year.

Very sound assessment.

Prime Time said:
Win a championship...rings for the team is what I meant.

I think he can, now that a big man is here. A big man (Shaq) is gonna dominate the East. No questions asked.

So now that Shaq is here the Heat will dominate the East huh?
What about the West?
Shaq ,Wade and Jones. Yeah that will win you some rings. :D

I like Jones, but he's got to be more consistant IMO. There are games where he just dissappears at times, and he's also nearing the end of his career...

There is a possibility that having Shaq could help his looks, and as a result make him a more productive scorer, but who knows???....

We all know that Shaq is going to want to be the center of attention on this team, and he will be this year. The question remains however, will that effect the rest of the players in a negative way, or will they feed off it and dominate???...

I'm hoping this move take sthe HEAT over the top!!!...I'm just a little skeptical right now since we lost so much talent to get the trade done....

LET'S GO HEAT!!! :fire:

Before you say that you can't fill around.......look at the free agent list......there are countless good small forwards out there.....(Bruce Bowen, Wesley person) are two I like.....

Tell you what...if Caron Butler does not go in the trade.........WE WON the NBA TITLE.

I am hoping Riley gets to substitute Wright for Caron in the trade.

Bowen is still out there? Interesting....

BTW, Shaq will be getting double and sometimes eve triple teamed (like he did in LA) leaving Wade and Jones and others a wide open shot.

As someone alreadey mentioned there are numorous good swingmen still FA's.

Miles, Sura, Bowens(all though he'll resign with the spurs), and Person to name a few. Marcus Fizer has potential if we go afeter him. I also think Darius Rice will be this year's Marquise Daniels.

Maybe we can get Swift from Memphis, or trade them a scrub and cash for one of their many swingmen.

It's not like it's the end of the road Shaq does make is teammates better, and Wade doesn't have the ego of Kobe or Payton so he and Shaq could do great together.

Someone asked how we'd beat the Pistons if the Lakers couldn't with 4 all-stars.

I'm not defending the Lakers but when your starting PF is hurt, your PG doesn't fit into your system, you two stars don't get along, and no one attacks the glass it's kind of hard to score.

For the long run this trade hurts us(all though Riley is good at finding talent i.e Haslem) it helps us right now. While the Lakers do get talented players, they're now too small to go up against any of the wests big men.

Well, either way we keep forgetting that Caron is a 12-15 point scorer with 5-7 rebounds per game. Not all star caliber, has some room for improvement. I'm sure we can pick up someone at small forward that will do the job. I like Haslem and like his energy.

Look at the blueprint of success in the NBA. With the exception of the Pistons, its been a 2 player blueprint. Jordan/Pipppen, Malone/Stockton, Duncan/Robinson, Shaq/Kobe, ect... 2 All Star, high caliber players is all you need in the NBA to win. Sure the Pistons were a feel good story, but they were the exception to the rule.

With that being said, a Wade/Shaq combo may be all you need to win the east. The balance of power will shift when a player like Shaq makes a move. He is the most dominant player of all time at center and throws people around like they were rag dolls. Having him on the heat gives them the best inside threat in the East. Haslem and Wade will only improve. EJ will get more open looks. I can't remember a player being double teamed once since Zo left.
We still have cap space left over and with Shaq in town, it will be easier to pick up hungry players that want to win and that want constant national exposure. The more I think about it, the more I'm happy about the deal. Not because I think Shaq is the best thing ever at this stage of his career but because it opens up so many more opportunities for this franchise. :) :)

I don't know. We had a fast exciting team. I liked watching it. We gave up two 25 years old talents for a guy that is not usually motivated, takes large portions of the season out, has a bad toe, and isn't getting any younger.

Shaq's salary is so high that you can't sign anyone to help, and he can opt out after one year, so where does that leave you?

PhinKev said:
I don't know. We had a fast exciting team. I liked watching it. We gave up two 25 years old talents for a guy that is not usually motivated, takes large portions of the season out, has a bad toe, and isn't getting any younger.

Shaq's salary is so high that you can't sign anyone to help, and he can opt out after one year, so where does that leave you?

Shaq not motivated?? :roflmao: I think we'll get a rather "motivated" SHAQ...

My only question is who is going to replace Odom??? Im not a Heat fan, never have been and probably never will be... i am a KINGS fan therefore i HATE Shaq. Even if i wasnt a King fan i would still hate Shaq. But i admit that he would make the team better. My only issue is he is a cancer attitude wise and i thought the bringing in of Odom is what changed the Heat around in the first place.. now your going to trade me off? Shaq cant win by himself thats for sure.

Section126 said:
Shaq not motivated?? :roflmao: I think we'll get a rather "motivated" SHAQ...

Maybe. But this was a guy that waited to have surgery until the season began two years ago because he thought since he was injured on company time he should heal on company time and not interfere with his vacation.

That's not reassuring.

On top of that, Odom has had one good year and may wind up being the next Billy Owens :roflmao:

If I recall correctly, Wade was the main reason we made it out of Charlotte and competed against Indy. His performance in game 6 was incredible, he single handedly kept the Heat in the game while Odom and EJ were missing shots. Odom is awesome as is Caron, but they are not championship caliber players. Shaq is talented enough to build a championship team, I'm not sure if Odom is.

Think about the trade like this:

SHAQ replaces ODOM...... :roflmao: Highway robery

Brian Grant......we lose his albatross of a contract...who cares....he is very close to being done.

Caron Butler.......had a bad year.....injury plagued.......lost 5 inches off of his vertical jump this season after the knee injury....Does Pat Riley think he's done?

Remember that Odom has played only one full season.......is also constantly injured, and dissapeared on the road in every single playoff game.

We might have robbed the Lakers blind........

I'm excited, but I still think we'll need more than just Shaq and Wade to get past the Pistons.....

We'll certainly be one of the top three teams in the East. The Pistons and Pacers both looking stong too. If we can find decent replacements for Odom and Butler, we should be in the race...

I wish I were a fan of Shaq, but honestly I can't stand the guy. The guys we traded for Shaq were all stand up, top shelf individuals....

:fire: LET'S GO HEAT!!!! :fire:

Back
Top Bottom