SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

Section126 said:
Think about the trade like this:

SHAQ replaces ODOM...... :roflmao: Highway robery

Caron Butler.......had a bad year.....injury plagued.......lost 5 inches off of his vertical jump this season after the knee injury....Does Pat Riley think he's done?

Remember that Odom has played only one full season.......is also constantly injured, and dissapeared on the road in every single playoff game.

We might have robbed the Lakers blind........

I thought Shaq was replacing B. Grant???...It's Odom that we have to find an adequate replacement for IMO.

C. Butler shouldn't be as difficult to replace, but he was a young player that looked good IMO. He had a rough season, but he's a fighter, and that's what I liked about him, he was all business on the court....

Odom was one of the main reasons we went as far as we did IMO. His play on the road, "along with everyone elses" was shaky, but I think that had more to do with age and in-experience than anything else. Odom has the talent to be a super star IMO....

I'm not sure which team wil make out better in the long run. It will be exciting to have Shaq, but will he pay off in the end???....

Let's just hope this deal doesn't come back to bite Riley like the Mash / Brown trade a few years back....

:fire: LET'S GO HEAT!!! :fire:

Section126 said:

Brian Grant......we lose his albatross of a contract...who cares....he is very close to being done.

Caron Butler.......had a bad year.....injury plagued.......lost 5 inches off of his vertical jump this season after the knee injury....Does Pat Riley think he's done?

Remember that Odom has played only one full season.......is also constantly injured, and dissapeared on the road in every single playoff game.

You got it all wrong S-126

Odom is a 6'10'' small forward, hes not a center, and doesnt function like a center.

Grant is the guy on this HEAT team that was all heart, its ridiculous to say that hes almost done, sure his offense has declined in the years but he wasnt a heavy duty scorer anyways, and his defense this year in the playoffs, for a man his size, was SUPERB, was he overpaid? yes...did he attempt to earn every penny, absolutely....I was impressed with his defense and rebounds, and he looked to finally come around this season, imagine how he couldve been if Zo stayed healthy...

Caron Butler had an injury plagued year but he showed signs at the end that he was back.....and this is why people are starting to get upset with this deal.

As for Odom, you are ripping the guy for his past, which he cant change, he had one full all-star-eque season, which was last year, and its current events....it looks as if hes shed his past, which was in Los Angeles, and id be nervous if i was a laker fan that he would be getting into trouble again if he went back there, otherwise, he was in good shape and was a team player.

I live a couple hours away from LA so I can tell you that giving up that much for Shaq isn't that bad. More people around here are thinking that the Heat are robbing LA. I'm a King's fan so I can't stand Shaq, but he's gonna make other players around him better. He can also recruit players that want rings( Payton, Malone) so i'm sure Riley is counting on that to come along with Shaq. Some players that stand out that Shaq could recruit or would be a good fit for the club.

PG- Mark Jackson UFA Houston Rockets- His numbers don't look great but if you go to Game log you can see that when he got minutes he was very effective. Older player that would want a ring and would be a solid back up to Wade.

PG- Derek Fisher UFA Los Angeles Lakers- Probaley will sign with Houston, but Shaq and Fisher are close and i'm sure if Shaq wanted him to come to Miami, he'd have to consider. Clutch player who shows up during the playoffs.

PF- Antonio McDyess UFA Phoenix Suns- Is getting pursued by Detrioit so getting him would help your team in two ways. Still is only 29 years old but has been injured the last couple of years. Probaley not an All-Star caliber player any more but would be a solid player.

PF- Keon Clark UFA Phoenix Suns- Saw him a lot when he played for Sac. Not a great offensive player but grabs boards and blocks a lot of shots. Very Athletic. Could see him average 10-13 points with 8-11 boards and 2 blocks a game.

SG- Anthonly Peeler UFA Sacramento Kings- Would be a good fit with Shaq because he can shoot the three. Led NBA in 3 point percentage. Would be a nice role player off the bench who could play 1-3 postitions if you need him to.

PF- Robert Horry UFA San Antonio Spurs- More effective off the bench in short stints. Good defender and clutch player. I'm sure Shaq could convince him to play with him for some more rings.

SF- Michael Curry UFA Toronto Raptors- Not a scorer but a good defender. Veteran player who would love to win a ring.

SG/SF Wesley Person UFA Portland- Good three point shooter who Shaq could recruit.

Imagine who do the trade and sign Person, Jackson, and either McDyess or Clark.

PG- Wade, Jackson
SG- Jones, Person, Wright
SF- R. Butler or Person with other person as backup, Wright
PF- McDyess or Clark, Haslem, Allen
C- Shaq, McDyess or Clark

That would be a solid line up. You could also sign other players like Miles or players with potential. But Shaq can help bring solid players with him.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'm excited, but I still think we'll need more than just Shaq and Wade to get past the Pistons.....

We'll certainly be one of the top three teams in the East. The Pistons and Pacers both looking stong too. If we can find decent replacements for Odom and Butler, we should be in the race...

I wish I were a fan of Shaq, but honestly I can't stand the guy. The guys we traded for Shaq were all stand up, top shelf individuals....

:fire: LET'S GO HEAT!!!! :fire:

Of coarse there's reason for excitement, I mean we are talking about Shaq.
But if I remeber correctly Kobe,Shaq and company got pimped slapped pretty good in the finals so you'll have to forgive me if I don't have alot of faith in Wade, Shaq and company taking Heat fans very far. Wade is no Kobe thats for sure and lets not even compare benches.

All I have to say to Pat Riley, is good luck to your azz. I love the idea of getting Shaq, but giving up Caron in that deal was giving up to the Lakers, PERIOD.

Rasual Butler is NOT a small forward, just to let some of you know. SVG said it himself around draft time that Rasual was gonna play SG this year. Rasual & Haslem in the starting line-up?

Hah, good luck. Our line-up isn't NEAR being as good as Detroit's, & the free agent market is dry. If we can't land Darius Miles, Etan Thomas, or Stromile Swift...we're not beating Detroit.

If Riley can give up Caron in this deal when he doesn't truly have to(cap wise - & Riley should play hardball, LA has no other options)...I'd expect us to use the MLE on Toni Kukoc & another old player. :shakeno:

Kistner10 said:
I live a couple hours away from LA so I can tell you that giving up that much for Shaq isn't that bad. More people around here are thinking that the Heat are robbing LA. I'm a King's fan so I can't stand Shaq, but he's gonna make other players around him better. He can also recruit players that want rings( Payton, Malone) so i'm sure Riley is counting on that to come along with Shaq. Some players that stand out that Shaq could recruit or would be a good fit for the club.

PG- Mark Jackson UFA Houston Rockets- His numbers don't look great but if you go to Game log you can see that when he got minutes he was very effective. Older player that would want a ring and would be a solid back up to Wade.

PG- Derek Fisher UFA Los Angeles Lakers- Probaley will sign with Houston, but Shaq and Fisher are close and i'm sure if Shaq wanted him to come to Miami, he'd have to consider. Clutch player who shows up during the playoffs.

PF- Antonio McDyess UFA Phoenix Suns- Is getting pursued by Detrioit so getting him would help your team in two ways. Still is only 29 years old but has been injured the last couple of years. Probaley not an All-Star caliber player any more but would be a solid player.

PF- Keon Clark UFA Phoenix Suns- Saw him a lot when he played for Sac. Not a great offensive player but grabs boards and blocks a lot of shots. Very Athletic. Could see him average 10-13 points with 8-11 boards and 2 blocks a game.

SG- Anthonly Peeler UFA Sacramento Kings- Would be a good fit with Shaq because he can shoot the three. Led NBA in 3 point percentage. Would be a nice role player off the bench who could play 1-3 postitions if you need him to.

PF- Robert Horry UFA San Antonio Spurs- More effective off the bench in short stints. Good defender and clutch player. I'm sure Shaq could convince him to play with him for some more rings.

SF- Michael Curry UFA Toronto Raptors- Not a scorer but a good defender. Veteran player who would love to win a ring.

SG/SF Wesley Person UFA Portland- Good three point shooter who Shaq could recruit.

Imagine who do the trade and sign Person, Jackson, and either McDyess or Clark.

PG- Wade, Jackson
SG- Jones, Person, Wright
SF- R. Butler or Person with other person as backup, Wright
PF- McDyess or Clark, Haslem, Allen
C- Shaq, McDyess or Clark

That would be a solid line up. You could also sign other players like Miles or players with potential. But Shaq can help bring solid players with him.

Antonio McDysse is gone to Detroit for $30m.

Keon Clark is not worth much more than the LLE.

Jackson? Not before Jones, Dooling, Sura, Williams, Hunter, & a few other PG's come off the market.

...I don't like anybody on that list but Darius Miles & Keon Clark. Miles is a RFA & the entire MLE might not get him away from Portland. We may as well take the 15-day gamble on some RFA's now like Etan Thomas, Stromile Swift, or D-Miles.

We now have nothing to lose, except for our young future. Oh wait, that's already gone.

Den54 said:
Shaq ,Wade and Jones. Yeah that will win you some rings. :D

That won't get you to the Championship. I'm sorry, but Detroit not only has a better starting line-up...but they have a WAY better bench.

Section126 said:

Brian Grant......we lose his albatross of a contract...who cares....he is very close to being done.

Well, if you are going to use the injury route, might as well throw Shaq's injury history into int. Arthritic toes, bad knees, and back have forced the Big Trader to miss many a game over the seasons.

92-93 Orl 81 81 37.9 9.0-16.1 .562 0.0-0.0 .000 5.3-8.9 .592 0.7 3.5 3.8 4.0 0.1 4.2 9.6 13.8 1.9 23.4
93-94 Orl 81 81 39.8 11.8-19.6 .599 0.0-0.0 .000 5.8-10.5 .554 0.9 2.9 2.7 3.5 0.0 4.7 8.5 13.2 2.4 29.3
94-95 Orl 79 79 37.0 11.8-20.2 .583 0.0-0.1 .000 5.8-10.8 .533 0.9 2.4 2.6 3.3 0.0 4.2 7.3 11.5 2.7 29.3
95-96 Orl 54 52 36.0 11.0-19.1 .573 0.0-0.0 .500 4.6-9.5 .487 0.6 2.1 2.9 3.6 0.0 3.4 7.7 11.1 2.9 26.6
96-97 Lal 51 51 38.1 10.8-19.4 .557 0.0-0.1 .000 4.5-9.4 .484 0.9 2.9 2.9 3.5 0.0 3.8 8.7 12.5 3.1 26.2
97-98 Lal 60 57 36.3 11.2-19.1 .584 0.0-0.0 .000 6.0-11.3 .527 0.7 2.4 2.9 3.2 0.0 3.5 7.9 11.4 2.4 28.3
98-99 Lal 49 49 34.8 10.4-18.1 .576 0.0-0.0 .000 5.5-10.2 .540 0.7 1.7 2.5 3.2 0.1 3.8 6.9 10.7 2.3 26.3
99-00 Lal 79 79 40.0 12.1-21.1 .574 0.0-0.0 .000 5.5-10.4 .524 0.5 3.0 2.8 3.2 0.0 4.3 9.4 13.7 3.8 29.7
00-01 Lal 74 74 39.5 11.0-19.2 .572 0.0-0.0 .000 6.7-13.1 .513 0.6 2.8 2.9 3.5 0.1 3.9 8.8 12.7 3.7 28.7
01-02 Lal 67 66 36.1 10.6-18.3 .579 0.0-0.0 .000 5.9-10.7 .555 0.6 2.0 2.6 3.0 0.0 3.5 7.2 10.7 3.0 27.2
02-03 Lal 67 66 37.8 10.4-18.1 .574 0.0-0.0 .000 6.7-10.8 .622 0.6 2.4 2.9 3.4 0.1 3.9 7.2 11.1 3.1 27.5
03-04 Lal 67 67 36.8 8.3-14.1 .584 0.0-0.0 .000 4.9-10.1 .490 0.5 2.5 2.9 3.4 0.0 3.7 7.8 11.5 2.9 21.5

Many seasons he playe dunder 60 games. Only twice has he played in 81 games and three other times above 70. He will usually give you anywhere between 60-70 games a season. Be prepared to not have him in your lineup for about a quarter of your games.

I think Swift is going to be our target, and having Shaq here should make Miami very enticing to him. Riley seems to think Wright will develop quickly. It should be fun to watch him. Let's not forget about Freije either. I watched the kid play throughout all of college. He should be a solid presence off the bench, and his outside shooting can kill teams that try to shutdown Shaq underneath.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
That won't get you to the Championship. I'm sorry, but Detroit not only has a better starting line-up...but they have a WAY better bench.

I was being sarcastic but did'nt want to roll eyes and be rude. Hence the smiley.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
All I have to say to Pat Riley, is good luck to your azz. I love the idea of getting Shaq, but giving up Caron in that deal was giving up to the Lakers, PERIOD.

Rasual Butler is NOT a small forward, just to let some of you know. SVG said it himself around draft time that Rasual was gonna play SG this year. Rasual & Haslem in the starting line-up?

Hah, good luck. Our line-up isn't NEAR being as good as Detroit's, & the free agent market is dry. If we can't land Darius Miles, Etan Thomas, or Stromile Swift...we're not beating Detroit.

If Riley can give up Caron in this deal when he doesn't truly have to(cap wise - & Riley should play hardball, LA has no other options)...I'd expect us to use the MLE on Toni Kukoc & another old player. :shakeno:

Why Rasual is not SF?Rasual fits better than Caron since he actuallly has a J.Shaq will be drawing lot double teams so we need shooters which is not Caron strong point.

minus said:
Why Rasual is not SF?Rasual fits better than Caron since he actuallly has a J.Shaq will be drawing lot double teams so we need shooters which is not Caron strong point.

Rasual Butler is a tweener. He's a swingman who is a better SG.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rasual, but mostly as a SG. He didn't get enough minutes last year and that really pissed me off. I wish we could get a SF like Darius Miles or someone to keep Rasual coming off the bench.

I mean, 'Sual has a really nice touch. The guy went 50-108 from the 3-point mark last year. He could put up 15ppg in good minutes.

I just see Rasual more as a SG, and so does SVG.

Back
Top Bottom