SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

Al13 said:
and for the kind of players LA gets in return its a joke
Odom, Grant, and Butler is a great deal for us considering we HAD to trade Shaq. You can't expect much more than that for a 32-yr old.

I'm excited about the trade but I'm also a bit nervous about the direction of team. Giving up Odom and Caron may be a bit too much, but we have to make this trade. Bringing in Shaq helps us improve the team in so many ways, it opens up shots for Wade and Jones and gives us the ability to sign free agents that may opt for different teams.

With Shaq you become the frontrunner in East. We were having a poor offseason to begin with, we lost Rafer and haven't improved the team at all.
Shaq is one of the greatest players in NBA history. If he was 25 years old I would go as far as including Wade in the trade. But he is 32 years old and not in prime condition. This is my fear. Shaq gets injured or plays poorly and the fun we had last year in the playoffs becomes a nightmare next year.

:lol: Just saw on ESPN. We're getting the "Big Deporter".

2000 playoffs: "First I beat Vlade Divac. Then Luc Longley. Then Arvydas Sabonis in the Conference Finals. Then I got Rik Smits in the Finals". :rofl:

If the HEAT don't make it to the NBA Finals with Shaq this year, the fans will never forgive GM P. Riley for executing this trade....

The loss of C. Butler in this deal stings. It's not as if C. Butler was a great player, but he was maturing, and starting to show signs of star potential. He was a player that we needed to retain in this trade IMO. The starting line-up is now transformed dramatically....

Maybe too dramatically. Here's a thought....

If the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton, but still couldn't win a Championship{getting destroyed by our East's own Pistons}, how are the Heat going to compete now that we've lost three of our most important players???...

LET'S GO HEAT!!!! :fire:

Does this move ensure that we can get past Indiana?? We were this close to pulling it off. I guess this would be a question better asked after we use the midlevel exemption and the roster is filled out.

C - S. O'Neal
PF - U. Haslem
SF - R. Butler
SG - E. Jones
PG - D. Wade

Where does this currently leave us at 3 and 4??

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Slow down...Ira has NO insight on ANYTHING.

According to the latest from RealGM, Miami has all the leverage here and will play it hard. Odom, Grant, Allen, 1st for Shaq is what we're sticking to, according to their update.

Looks like that statement is incorrect. It sucks that we are losing so much, but If it brings us a championship then good deal, If not, Riley is going to get bashed out of South Florida...

http://www1.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php

Muck said:
Does this move ensure that we can get past Indiana?? We were this close to pulling it off. I guess this would be a question better asked after we use the midlevel exemption and the roster is filled out.

C - S. O'Neal
PF - U. Haslem
SF - R. Butler
SG - E. Jones
PG - D. Wade

Where does this currently leave us at 3 and 4??

I see that being our lineup on Game day. IMO, Haslem is the obvious choice (unless Allen outplays him) for PF. Rasual is the obvious choice at SF now that Caron is leaving. It sucks that the young trio is breaking up, but if we win some rings, it is all good. This team looks solid IMO....but for it to be successful, Butler, and Haslem have to put up decent numbers, and Jones has to be the guy that we pay him to be.

I think this would be The Lakers Lineup...

C-Grant
PF-Malone (If not there...Odom)
SF-Odom (If Malone doesnt return...Odom goes to PF, and C. Butler goes here)
SG-Bryant
PG-Payton

My $0.02

BLITZKRIEG said:
If the HEAT don't make it to the NBA Finals with Shaq this year, the fans will never forgive GM P. Riley for executing this trade....

The loss of C. Butler in this deal stings. It's not as if C. Butler was a great player, but he was maturing, and starting to show signs of star potential. He was a player that we needed to retain in this trade IMO. The starting line-up is now transformed dramatically....

Maybe too dramatically. Here's a thought....

If the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton, but still couldn't win a Championship{getting destroyed by our East's own Pistons}, how are the Heat going to compete now that we've lost three of our most important players???...

LET'S GO HEAT!!!! :fire:

No kidding. Odum Grant Butler and a 1st rd pick for Shaq. The Heat will be in Cap Hell for years to come. As great as Shaq is/was he is still a very selfish player.I'm sure he is going to say all the right things to get this deal done but the tale of the tape will be what kind of shape he shows up in and how motivated he is. But don't kid yourselves he's 32 years old and years of wear and tear.At 300 plus some say 350lbs he's bound to start breaking down even more.The Heat is now a half court team. They were pretty exciting to watch as a fast break team. This should be interesting to say the least.

If Shaq and Wade can average 30 points a game, that's huge, but where is the rest of the scoring going to be coming from without Odom, Grant, and Butler???....

That's still 40 points short of 100, and the HEAT were hitting that mark last year....

Even with Shaq, I'm still having a tough time seeing the HEAT being able to get by the Pistons / Pacers / and Nets. Those team are stacked....

LET'S GO HEAT!!!!

Prime Time said:

I see that being our lineup on Game day. IMO, Haslem is the obvious choice (unless Allen outplays him) for PF. Rasual is the obvious choice at SF now that Caron is leaving. It sucks that the young trio is breaking up, but if we win some rings, it is all good. This team looks solid IMO....but for it to be successful, Butler, and Haslem have to put up decent numbers, and Jones has to be the guy that we pay him to be.

Win some rings? Huge gamble to take imo. Jones has been with the Heat how long? 4 years? He's not all of a sudden going to light it up imo.

With Shaq here, I think Jones is going to get open looks, and play better than usualy, maybe even play what we pay him to be. He will average 20 pts a game in my opnion.

BLITZKRIEG said:
If Shaq and Wade can average 30 points a game, that's huge, but where is the rest of the scoring going to be coming from without Odom, Grant, and Butler???....

That's still 40 points short of 100, and the HEAT were hitting that mark last year....

Even with Shaq, I'm still having a tough time seeing the HEAT being able to get by the Pistons / Pacers / and Nets. Those team are stacked....

LET'S GO HEAT!!!!

You forgot about the HEAT'S leading scorer from last year....ever heard of him? (Eddie Jones)

Den54 said:
Win some rings? Huge gamble to take imo. Jones has been with the Heat how long? 4 years? He's not all of a sudden going to light it up imo.

Win a championship...rings for the team is what I meant.

I think he can, now that a big man is here. A big man (Shaq) is gonna dominate the East. No questions asked.

Back
Top Bottom