Shawn King? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shawn King?

Miamian................

Originally posted by Miamian
If we're going to trade, let's try to improve where we're thin. Hello, the OL is a big concern right now. Dixon's reported to be doing well at tackle, but we only have Smith/Spriggs as backups and neither one is working out. If we're going to trade how about packaging Ogden, Grant, and maybe a future third rounder for a quality OL?

I agree with Miamian's idea, although if Mark is able to make the transition to LT w/o difficulty,then my concerns will be eased signifigantly.:cool:

Thats Right....

Originally posted by Miamian
If we're going to trade, let's try to improve where we're thin. Hello, the OL is a big concern right now. Dixon's reported to be doing well at tackle, but we only have Smith/Spriggs as backups and neither one is working out. If we're going to trade how about packaging Ogden, Grant, and maybe a future third rounder for a quality OL?

The OL is the Biggest Weakness on the Team

Nah, the Bucs are good to go at RB. Pittman is going to be a STUD this year. But behind him they have not only speedy rookie Travis Stephens but also Aaron Stecker. Stecker is a fast guy who runs with good power for his size. He's a very capable back. Tampa is in better shape at RB than we are. At FB, Jameel cook is more of a blocker. So they have help there.

At WR, after McCardell and KJ, the Bucs have huge Joe Jurevicius and big Michgan rookie Marquis Walker. They also have Frank Murphy (who ran back the kickoff on us), Karl Williams, and E.G. Green. Jeff Ogden doesn't offer them anything they don't already have.

Once again, King has NO INTEREST in the Phins unless he's gonna compete for a starting job immediately. King is not interested in being #3 or #2.

PhinsTD Henry Burris definately would be worth a jeff odgen.i'vve been following him for a couple years (since his CFL days) and he has plenty of potential..I doubt that GB would let him go though..Just like Favre , Ron Wolf recruited him..As for Shaun King he would be an upgrade but i dont see him starting..my solution is simple..let this year play it out with Jay and Ray..give them their chance with Ricky...then next year spend ur 1st rounder on ken Dorsey or chris Simms..

No..next year spend our 1st, if we have one..on that QB from Marshall..That guy is another Dante Culpepper in the makings..With an accurate arm like that, mobility and height and size..oh yea, that's who we need.. but back to the immediate future..I think we have all we're going to get on the OL...who's out there to be traded for..No ones going to give up a good OL for odgen or grant plus a pick..Not unless they got so much depth on the line..and who has that.??? no one. Man the Raider's got Sam Adams..I was hoping a little bit that we were in secrete negoiations with him..oh well..

MDFinFan

If you read my posts you'd realize that I said Quinn plays for the Texans a day or so ago.

Then today the Texans signed Tony Banks. Now unless they're cutting Kent Graham or something I don't know about is wrong with him than they are going to cut the 3rd string guy which happens to be Quinn.

As you can see he would now be avilable more than likely after the cuts do to them keeping Graham, Banks and I wonder if they see something in this kid named Carr?

Yeah Muck, you're right I'm a big Aaron Stecker fan and simply forgot about him. They also drafted Walker and he'll be a solid player, they don't need a returner obviously either.

I guess we really don't have alot to offer Tampa huh?

The guy from Marshall (Byron Leftwich) is going to be a top 5 pick unless something really big happens that makes him fall out.

I was just gonna say that RB and WR are places where the Bucs are really DEEP, not really THIN.

Henry Burris? We wanted him one time cuz he had the strongest cannon Spielman had ever seen. But, he's done nothing and shown nothing to anyone in the NFL since his arrival, and now is about to be cut.

Its the OTHER CFL QB that we were once interested in, who is making some waves now...Dave Dickenson. Much more productive than Burris in the CFL, he's on the Chargers behind Brees and Flutie. Neither Brees nor Flutie have led their team to TDs yet in preseason but Dickenson's got two TDs under his belt already. They say he looks pretty hot.

The radio stations in Tampa Bay are now talking about the possibility of Shaun King coming to Miami. But I honestly don't think he could even beat out Ray Lucas for the backup job, let alone even THINK about beating Jay Fiedler. He'd be our #3, and Shaun is too stubborn to realize that anywhere he goes he'll be pegged as the #2 or #3.

"He'd be our #3, and Shaun is too stubborn to realize that anywhere he goes he'll be pegged as the #2 or #3."

Not that I am a Shaun King fan, I'm really not, but I wouldn't use the above quote as a reason for not wanting him on the team. So, he does not want to be a 2nd or 3rd string QB. Is there a problem with that? I personally would not want a guy on my team that is "happy and just satisfied" with being the 3rd string at his position.

CK Dickenson is a good QB..its funny he backed up Jeff Garcia in Calgary before taking the helm at QB and leadding the team to the Grey Cup..I'd like to see him or Burris in a Dolphin uniform..
Byron Leftwich is a potential top 5 pick..unless the phins screw up majorly or byron starts taking drugs we will not see him in a dolphin uniform..
Anyway when was the last time a 3rd stringer was put into action during the Regular Season..i think it was Tom Tupa..Right now unless something happens to Jay or Ray i doubt that we go after a QB..Wanny should instead concentrate on the battles and eliminating the mental mistakes or the ST's..not trading for a 3rd stringer ;)

Rex Grossman is coming to Miami next year..;) ..:D ............Seriusly I think Miami should Draft a WR or LT with their first round Next year.How does Andre Johnson and Chris Chambers sound?:D
The quaterback that I'm waiting for is Chris Rix..The guy has a canon and runs a 4.5 but he will most likely be in collage for another 2 years............:(

I read that Henry Burris is in danger of being cut from the Bears. Said that he's really being pressed by this other dude. Anyway, he'll prolly be available.

Yeah Burris will be available to take a look at I guess but like I said, I'm not that impressed. Sounds to me like a stronger armed Jim Druckenmiller. It looks to me like Levcik might be spending a year on the psquad but I'm still holding out hope for him to hold a clipboard for the season...cuz it would really benefit him and I think he has good accuracy and an excellent arm and great height/weight and those things are hard to find.

Re: Phinstd..............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

My gut feeling on Shawn King is that he's not starting QB material. My belief is that he's a backup QB at best. I personally, wouldn't want to pull the trigger on that possible deal. But that's just my personal opinion.

We are not looking for a starting QB, we are looking for a 3rd stringer with proven vet leadership. shaun king would be perfect. then next year you can start talking about shaun king as a possible starter in future.

Back
Top Bottom