Sherman & Mangini - Realistic or Fiction??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sherman & Mangini - Realistic or Fiction???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This is my wish list of course but I think it is realistic to hire these 2 former head coaches to surround Philbin. We all know that Mangini can be an excellent DC and Sherman has tons of experience and could be a good OC.

I remember watching on TV a scouting report from the 49ers on Roman Harper where they saw a trend when opposing teams are close to the end-zone and there were able to take advantage of that in the end zone and score the winning Td

I want a coaching staff like that....

I would be too excited for a Sherman and Mangini combo. It will not happen, but it would be two excellent coaches.

This is my wish list of course but I think it is realistic to hire these 2 former head coaches to surround Philbin. We all know that Mangini can be an excellent DC and Sherman has tons of experience and could be a good OC.

I remember watching on TV a scouting report from the 49ers on Roman Harper where they saw a trend when opposing teams are close to the end-zone and there were able to take advantage of that in the end zone and score the winning Td

I want a coaching staff like that....
Mangini would be an excellent choice.

I think Sherman is very possible as OC. I'm not Sure Mangini will make it. That's not to say I think he'd be a bad choice, but if Bowles does'nt stay, I think Coyle or Trogvac could be the new DC. I also would'nt mind Winston Moss if he is available.

I would not want Mangini on this staff. Something about him I just don't trust and his defenses with the Jets and Cleveland weren't very good.

Jets 2006-2008

2006 20th in total defense, 6th in scoring defense
2007 18th in total defense, 19th in scoring defense
2008 16th in total defense, 18th in scoring defense
(Jets had the #1 defense in total yards and scoring the following year under Rex Ryan)

Cleveland 2009-2010

2009 31st in total defense, 21st in scoring defense
2010 22nd in total defense, 13th in scoring defense
(this past year Cleveland was 10th in total defense and 5th in scoring defense)

I agree with mangni guys, I tink he would be a great hire.

I'd love for Mangini to be on the staff. He's an excellent X's and O's guy, he really knows his stuff

Back
Top Bottom