Shockey chooses Panthers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shockey chooses Panthers

oh well, I think it would of been nice buuuuutttt.........but who know's, with the strong possibility of a year of no NFL who's to say after what amounts to a year and a half away from football he could of come back and helped us at all so I still think were ok with this miss. Still going to need that "Standout" Tight End somewhere down the road but it's just not there in this years draft either so we wait some more, not really a bad thing b/c I don't think the Fins were going to shake the Earth this year anyway even if we did get a season in.

I think he would have absolutely have helped the offense. Shockey is a better recieving TE than Fasano and right now Miami has Nothing at TE besides Fasano. I also think that there is no way this FO pays Z Miller to come here since they apparently really like Fasano and are just searching for a cheap compliment to him. Miller if signed would and should be the full time starter over Fasano.

Shockey + Marshall would have a made an explosive locker-room

We didn't lose anything here.

Agreed, I'm not too bothered. Sure, a second Fasano would be better than a second random scrub, but I'd rather draft someone new, preferably an athlete.

go where the money is that's football............

I don't think he "Chose the Panthers", it appears that is either his only formal offer or best offer. His post reads "looks like I'm signing with the Panthers" seems like he is not exited just settling.

I'm glad. Headcase and nagging injuries all the time.

We didn't lose anything here.

unless you consider Mastrud a better TE than Shockey, no, we didnt lose anything... We'll see what we do in the draft.

I dont blame shockey. Carolina has a new direction, they will be young and exciting (like we were in 2008), the Dolphins are old and boring.

Bottom line is, he would have been an upgrade to the tight end unit. We have nothing behind Fasano.

True, but so would a number of people. When Mickey Shuler is your current #2, there is alot of room to upgrade. I want to know what he is signing for . . . something tells me he was looking for 4 to 5 million.

Back
Top Bottom