Should Dolphins start 5-0 against these opening QBs? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins start 5-0 against these opening QBs?

All I know is that I think I know, but I don't. and I never will

We did a pretty good job beating the Bills without Albert at home last year.

They were having their way with us for 2 1/2 quarters until they melted down, along with some VERY pro-Dolphin calls.

I just am not convinced failbin can produce a team with any mental, emotional or physical toughness.

They were having their way with us for 2 1/2 quarters until they melted down, along with some VERY pro-Dolphin calls.

I just am not convinced failbin can produce a team with any mental, emotional or physical toughness.

Yes, that 6-3 half time score was totally indicative of having their way with us. lol

First of all, the competition will be fierce somehow regardless of how you're playing. It's the pros for a reason and everyone looking to do the same thing as well.

Anything above 2 wins for me is a win because I have a feeling that we will be having a somewhat slow start.

I give props to Ryan Tannehill. He really showed incredible toughness as the Bills Dline laid a beat down on him and he kept getting up. Ok, enough compliments from this Bills fan!

5-0 is prbly unrealistic. Back 7 on defense are shaky. On Dline there are 3 Starters from last year. Oline is still an issue. TEs are not as good as Clay. We lost speed for deep threat when we lost Wallace.

The best toughest game last year was at Detroit, that was smashmouth and we lost Albert and Finnegan in that game, week 11 I think. We do not play power attack, 1-2 wr sets, so the perception will always be that we are soft which just means we play spread.

So that equates to the bills oline crushing the dolphins dline? I don't think so. I'm ready to see Suh wreak havoc on the bills.
History has shown that Wood vs. Suh = Stevie Johnson vs. Revis.

Suh just hasn't been dominant against the Bills. Maybe that changes this year but I don't see why.

smh
Losing three out of the last four is indicative of the Bills having their way with us. lol

Totally maaan! Heck, we've got the last one...even if it's just one, it's something. I'll be looking forward to kicking their asses again this year.

5-0 is prbly unrealistic. Back 7 on defense are shaky. On Dline there are 3 Starters from last year. Oline is still an issue. TEs are not as good as Clay. We lost speed for deep threat when we lost Wallace.

The best toughest game last year was at Detroit, that was smashmouth and we lost Albert and Finnegan in that game, week 11 I think. We do not play power attack, 1-2 wr sets, so the perception will always be that we are soft which just means we play spread.

Back 5. Grimes and Jones are very solid players.

TE Cameron Jordan is a much better all-around TE than Clay. Sims can be argued.

Stills is a very fast player (4.37 - 40yd) and is an actual deep threat. Wallace was strictly a speed threat (4.32-40yd) who has no ability to track and attack the ball, nor run proper routes (deep or short). We lost nothing here and gained everything.

1) No one runs the ball in tight sets to move down the field these days. No one.

2) There is nothing "soft" about the Spread. Nothing. There is nothing "finesse" about the Spread. Nothing.

Here's an excerpt from Chip Kelly speaking at a Nike Football Clinic about the inside zone play in the Spread offense:

Why do we run the inside zone? The inside zone is the great equalizer. we are double-teaming a defensive lineman with a mathematical idea behind it. We have four legs and he has two, so we win. The zone play can be run against multiple looks by the defense. You can draw this play up and run it against at least five different defenses.

The inside zone play is our "go to work" play. It has become our signature play. We want to get off the ball and be a physical, downhill-running football team. This is not a finesse play. We teach our offensive lineman a block we call the "bust block". The idea is to bust their sternums up against their spines on every play. We want to come off the ball, create a double team, knock the crap out of the defender, and deposit him into the linebacker's lap.

This is physical football. The offensive lineman play with confidence because they know they have help from their teammates in their blocking scheme. This play is great against blitzes and twists because we pick up blocks as they attack gaps.

Philosophy of the play:
  • Physical, signature play
  • Penetrates the front
  • Distorts the defense
  • Physical play in the double-teams

This notion about the Spread being soft or finesse is a complete misnomer.

Back
Top Bottom