Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year???

Should Steve Nash win the NBA's MVP award for the third straight year?

• Yes

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh and how are you gonna say Nowitzki should win, but exclude Nash due to his Defense? SInce when has Dirk played good D?

He's 2x the defender Nash is, I can tell you that much.

While Dirk isn't essentially a top of the line defender, he's also not a defensive liability. He's a body.

Steve Nash is the biggest system player in NBA history. He may be the guy who runs the system, but it's built to perfection as far as complimenting his game. I mean, why wasn't he NEARLY this good in Dallas? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me on that question. And, please don't tell me he developed like some idiot on RealGM said......he left Dallas at age 30.

I can name a ton of PG's who could replace Nash in Phoenix and have similar success.

Nash is just liked by the voters.

Love him or hate him KOBE is the face of the NBA. When you think of the NBA you think of Kobe at least in the top 3 in your mind. I tend to think that he's #1. The Lakers sellout more road game then any other team in the NBA. They aint going to see Lakers they want to see Kobe. Just last night in Boston they were chanting KOBE MVP. CHEERING A LAKER IN FREAKIN BOSTON GARDENS. Its amazing. If I was the owner of the Celtics I would fire everyone starting with the front office all the way to Doc Rivers. You will never ever ever hear a crowd cheer for a opposing team especially the celtics at a lakers home game.

I think the Suns GM has done great getting players that fit D'Antoni fast style. You put any of these players on another team and I bet they dont suceed. Just look at Tim Thomas on the Clippers. Horrible he's a clipper killer. I give all the credit to Mike and the front office for the suns success and nash MVP.

He's 2x the defender Nash is, I can tell you that much.

While Dirk isn't essentially a top of the line defender, he's also not a defensive liability. He's a body.

Steve Nash is the biggest system player in NBA history. He may be the guy who runs the system, but it's built to perfection as far as complimenting his game. I mean, why wasn't he NEARLY this good in Dallas? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me on that question. And, please don't tell me he developed like some idiot on RealGM said......he left Dallas at age 30.

I can name a ton of PG's who could replace Nash in Phoenix and have similar success.

I'm not a Suns fan or Nash homer but I'll gladly put on my devil's advocate suit just for the sake of the argument.

Regarding his defense, with all due respect, I'll take the opinion of an NBA analyst who sees him every second day over a bunch of knowledgeable Miami and LA fans that see him once every blue moon. More than once, I've heard him called one of the best help defenders in the league, that surely must be worth something coming from Majerle.

Moreover, excluding those comments about him being one of the best help defenders, I have a hard time labeling him a defensive liabillity for the following reason. Nash has one of the best AST/TO ratio in the league. And more often that not as a point guard, by turning the ball over, you create fast break points the other way. In that regard, Speedy Claxton might average 2.23 Steals per game, but that doesn't mean he is as a very good defensive PG considering his 2.23 AST/TO ratio. For example during the Suns recent win streak in a span of 8 games, Nash put up 112 assists to 24 TO's. Ridiculous numbers. On the season, he averages a whopping 16.1 Assists per 48 minutes and 12.1 per game for an AST/TO ratio of 3.23.

Finally, why wasn't he NEARLY this good in Dallas ? I think he was plenty good in Dallas. The main difference is D'Antoni has made him the focus in Phoenix, everything resolves around him, which speaks greatly of him considering their success. In other words, he is the system, has the liberty of calling plays, and running up and down the court. The best reflection of the fact that Steve Nash is not a system player and is a very similar player to what he was in Dallas, only surrounded by better teammates and different coaching, are his stats per 40 minutes. Since joining Phoenix his FG attempts, FG %, 3P % have all gone up which has logically bumped up his PPG's but apart from that his stats per 40 minutes are eerily similar to what they were in Dallas. In other words, Steve Nash in a Mavericks uniform was the same player he is today, only he's been given the keys to the castle in Phoenix and surrounded with athletes that feed off his greatest strenghts which are his vision, creativeness and passing ability.

In Dallas his team was still leading the league in points for 3 seasons straight...And I dont know where to find the stat on this, but Im sure Nash is in the top 5 in taking charges, if not #1. That has to count for something, Id much rather take a charge then force a missed shot....Like I said Nash is far underrated on D, and hes probably the best offensive player in the game...

I hate bringing up the race card and keep in mind this isn't directed towards anyone in particular but I think if Steve Nash was another skin colour a lot of people wouldn't give him as hard a time as he does. On the other hand, he probably wouldn't get as much press as he does if he weren't white. The result is that a lot of people aren't objective when it comes to his case.

And reading comments in this thread such as him not deserving past MVP awards (completely irrelevant to this season) or people saying he deserves it and not offering any credible explanation for why, has only further validated my feelings about this.
I think I offered some pretty credible explanations as to why he deserves the MVP, the Lenovo stat is proabably the most impressive one (Nash leads the league, bye alot)...

I really don't think it is much of a race so far....

here is the bench mark....

if the Lakers..make the 3rd seed....KOBE is a lock...IMO.

if they make the 4th seed...You must vote for KOBE.

5th seed.....okay...I guess Dirk gets it.

The MVP is KOBE's to lose....

I checked back as far as 1985, and there has never been a player who has averaged 12 assists a game, while scoring 19+ let alone shooting as high a percentage in FGs and 3s...

The last person to average 11 assists was Marc Jackson in 96-97, the last person to go 12 was John Stockton in 94-95...

Nash is having his best year ever, and so are the Suns..If this trend continues, I dont think you cant give it to him.

Nash is just liked by the voters.

Love him or hate him KOBE is the face of the NBA. When you think of the NBA you think of Kobe at least in the top 3 in your mind. I tend to think that he's #1. The Lakers sellout more road game then any other team in the NBA. They aint going to see Lakers they want to see Kobe. Just last night in Boston they were chanting KOBE MVP. CHEERING A LAKER IN FREAKIN BOSTON GARDENS. Its amazing. If I was the owner of the Celtics I would fire everyone starting with the front office all the way to Doc Rivers. You will never ever ever hear a crowd cheer for a opposing team especially the celtics at a lakers home game.
I cant believe they cheered for him at Boston Garden! Nothing is sacred anymore...I'm with Section, if Kobe carries his team to a good playoff spot he deserves it. But the #'s that Nash puts up its hard to count him out, ever.

I think I offered some pretty credible explanations as to why he deserves the MVP, the Lenovo stat is proabably the most impressive one (Nash leads the league, bye alot)...

Agreed but you're the only one that did.

Unless something different happens in the second half, he should win, his numbers prove it, his numbers are better than last year.

He's the best player on the court. He drives the Suns.

Why he may not win it, because the voters correct me if I'm wrong "(WHO ARE ALL AMERICAN, hope this will have nothing to do with it)" don't want him to be in the same class as the other 3 timers in a row.

The sadest fact is that he's Canadian will hurt his chances, a canadian being MVP 3 times in a row in an american game does not sit well with some americans.

Keyword in my post "SOME", not all. The sad part is some people think this way, I just hope its no one on this board.

Chris Bosh is one of my favorite players, but MVP? Jeez...........

He's having the third best season out've his draft class, much less overall.

(I don't rate Carmelo Anthony, sorry)

I agree I'm a huge Raptors fan and Bosh does not deserver it.

However, I do think Bargnani(sp??) should be considered for rookie of the year.

The Suns without Nash are still a top 5 team in the NBA. You can put in a 2nd tier PG and they will still be successful. Take away Kobe the lakers are horrible. Take away Dirk the Mavs are horrible. Take away Dwade the Heat are horrible. Take away Nash the Suns are still good and contenders.

Arenas deserves it, the Wizards are at the top in the east and hes the reason.

Back
Top Bottom