Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year???

Should Steve Nash win the NBA's MVP award for the third straight year?

• Yes

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caron was the second best player on that team last year.

Which is exactly why threads like this one = stupid at this point in the year.

Anything can happen - Washington can fall out like they ALWAYS do, and Miami can go on a run like they ALWAYS do. Miami is what, about 5 games out've first place in the Southeast? Miami also plays Washington 3 more times, and we OWN that team........

I don't really care about regular season NBA records. They're pretty irrelevant.

Records aside, Miami and Detroit are the teams to beat in the Eastern Conference.

Miami and Detroit are going to get the label "team to beat" because people have seen them be elite teams. Say Miami gets in with a 6-7-8 seed record wise it'd be an upset if they went on but personally I don't think it'd be an upset. On paper i'm a huge fan of Chicago but I think big men win championships and i'm not a fan of any of their bigs.

Phoenix and Dallas are the class of the league although Phoenix has struggled against the other top teams out west. Though i'm waiting for San Antonio to go on a run where they go 23-2 or some thing like they always do. The problem they have is when they've got their starting 5 out teams only have to guard 3 players.

I don't even consider Washington that much of a contender.

There's a reason why the Wizards are so improved, and it's Caron Butler's play. Gilbert Arenas is having his best year, but he's not playing SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. The bigger difference has been Caron Butler, the only player on that team who understands what defense is. Not hating on Agent 0.........I just don't see him as an "MVP worthy" player.

Caron's great, Im a Wiz fan I love the guy, but theres not even a question that Arenas is by a far margin their best player. Dismissing a team having the best record is just silly. Arenas is most certainly a legit canidate for MVP, take him away and the Wiz are maybe the 8th seed, maybe, right now they are 1 or 2, thats a huge difference. He will get a lot of votes, thankfully you dont have one, your idea of what is MVP worthy is silly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007020921

Atlanta 120, Phoenix 111

Can we stop with the whole, "Suns would still be a top team without Nash" talk now?

Well they still would have given up 120 to Atlanta with Nash, they just would have scored 130:lol:.
Really Im not for dumping on Nash, hes played great for the Suns sinces hes been there. I just think its time the award went to other deserving players. Phoenix isnt a alltime great team and Nash isnt a alltime great player, guys like MJ and his Bulls teams (ie multiple championships) get the MVP 3 times in a row. Nash isn't a runaway, if he was Id be down with 3 in a row with no championships, but hes had his awards, its time to give it up to someone else. There are equally or more deserving players so lets give him his due for getting 2 in a row and move on.

Nash gets my vote, with Dirk following close behind...

I think its entirely too early to tell yet, but at this point, he would have to be in the discussions. As FINFANSINCE72 pointed out, 2 MVP-0 Championships. That might be the defining point of whether he gets it or not.
SUNS CHAMPIONSHIP = NASH 3X MVP

Not saying that is fair one way or the other...just saying I could easily see it playing out that way.

I think its entirely too early to tell yet, but at this point, he would have to be in the discussions. As FINFANSINCE72 pointed out, 2 MVP-0 Championships. That might be the defining point of whether he gets it or not.
SUNS CHAMPIONSHIP = NASH 3X MVP

Not saying that is fair one way or the other...just saying I could easily see it playing out that way.

The voting is done before the playoffs are over so the voters vote before a champion is crowned. It's a regular season award therefore, the playoffs have no impact on the vote!

I'll tell you one thing, its hard to beleive with such a talented team he would make as much of a difference as he does, but you can definately tell the difference when he's not playing, of how important he is.

See guys, I told you not all Bills fans were dopes...This one is obviously of a very high intelligence...

its only cause hes from the valley... but nontheless, yes nash is a mvp!

Back
Top Bottom