Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing Nails? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing Nails?

Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing nails?

• Yes

Votes: 70 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see absolutely no downside to bringing him to camp. Let him fight for a spot, if it doesn't work out, we cut him. But if comes in and has his 2002 form (or anywhere near it) he would be a great addition to the O-line. It would not cost the team much to sign him. It should be done.......which is probably why it won't be done. :confused:

I feel the same way pigskinguy. I think for the talent that we have to battle. Nails can come in and play for the minimum, a contract based on incentitives really. He needs to prove himself on the field. I was getting to another point but for the talent that we have i don't think it would hurt us to sign him. I don't know if the coaching staff saw tests of the injured parts etc but it can be a possability that he has a serious injury.

According to previous reports Fatboy's knees are shot in addition to the Achille's deal. That not withstanding, what would it hurt to bring him in at veteran minimum and cut him if he's washed up? It's a no lose situation where he either proves he's capable of being Jamie Nails circa 2002 or he sucks and counts zero against the cap.

id feel more secure with big ol jaimie nails than jerman or whitley as guard. hes a big body and hes very strong and was a huge part of rickys 1800 yard season. i see no problem about bringing him in. just dont let us resign perry and im just fine.

off topic but does anyone know who is probably gonna be right guard.

I don't see why the dolphins didn't sign him to the league minimum or a little more. 2 yrs. ago, he was one of our best if not our best OL and one of the biggest reasons why Ricky rushed for over 1800 yds. Then came the injury and suddenly he's not worth anything to the dolphins. That injury usually takes 2 years to fully recover from so they should give him a chance at his natural position of RG. I'd feel more confortable with him there than German or Whitley.

What does it cost to bring him in for a full physical? The fact that we don't suggests that something else may be at work. Did he sleep with a coach's wife? daughter? Was he a problem in the locker room? I have never heard anything but positive stuff about him which makes this lack of interest in a 28 year old guard too wierd for words.

I Really Think That They Should Resign Him Cause Until That Torn Muscle Happen He Was A Force Up Front!!!!!

Were talking about a guard who had one good season ever in his career after spending a year outta football whose body is supposedly shot that can be brought in at anytime.

What's the rush? Wait and see what the young guys bring first.

I'd like to see him get a shot. At this point, what do we have to lose?? One thing to consider, I believe we can only have 80 guys on the roster at once (excluding NFLE exemptions). Perhaps they want that 12th WR to get a shot instead. lol.

Anyway, I think the guy makes a good RG. Hopefully he's healthy and those knees are ok and we'll bring him in later.

One other thing, he's got pretty quick hands. Seems to get his claws on guys in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom