Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing Nails? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing Nails?

Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing nails?

• Yes

Votes: 70 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope they bring him in for the vet minimum

pigskinguy said:
I see absolutely no downside to bringing him to camp. Let him fight for a spot, if it doesn't work out, we cut him. But if comes in and has his 2002 form (or anywhere near it) he would be a great addition to the O-line. It would not cost the team much to sign him. It should be done.......which is probably why it won't be done. :confused:
Havent you heard.Our magnificent talent evaluator Wanny is no longer with the team..

Even at best Nails always had to struggle with his weight.I havent seen a picture but with a year of inactivity I would bet he looks like Fat Albert.There is a reason why no one else has signed him even to a futures contract.

inFINSible said:
Pssst....CT....this thread is from MAY 2004....;)
I fell in the trap ......again.Anyone want to sell me a bridge ?.:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll play anyways. If Saban thinks Nails has value to this team then he would consider bringing him back. :tongue:

Well, he was out of football this past season and no other teams wanted him...He has bad, bad wheels. Knees and Achilles...Not good for an OL since he must operate on leverage....

VanDolPhan said:
Were talking about a guard who had one good season ever in his career after spending a year outta football whose body is supposedly shot that can be brought in at anytime.

What's the rush? Wait and see what the young guys bring first.
i agree with every word in this post. its the thing i thought when i read the post.
in my eyes, he's a veteran who didnt do much here to begin with, yet we had high hopes for him when he first came over.
i do think that you take this line and make it young, big (but not too big), tough, smart, and agile, but overall, young.
young/youth is how to go. and true: what is the rush?
the line we have now with some draft help will be fine. not sure about depth but if you dont start slashing it, we have some depth. the thing i wanna do is to stay away from the free agent market for this line.
my questions are at center and left tackle but that left tackle spot, where this season, was suspect, will improve over time, without doing anything drastic, and a new OL coach will help this young crew. the center spot is still troubling and is where we need most.

I would definately like to see him get a shot. In '02 he was probably the most dominating OLineman we've had since Webb.

CrunchTime said:
Havent you heard.Our magnificent talent evaluator Wanny is no longer with the team..

Even at best Nails always had to struggle with his weight.I havent seen a picture but with a year of inactivity I would bet he looks like Fat Albert.There is a reason why no one else has signed him even to a futures contract.

How in the hell did this thread rise from the dead?????????

fantasticfins said:
He would add depth to our line. Something we need. He was a stud in '02. Hurt in '03, give him a shot. Maybe put a clause in about his weight.. good pickup though.
i wonder if you can get stats on linemen and how many times they were flagged cuz thats all i remember about the guy.

dodge said:
the reason why miami doesn't take a flyer on him and just cut him if he doesn't work out is this: if the supposed knee trouble is real and he becomes "injured" then we can't just cut him. we either put in on i.r. for the rest of season or reach an injury settlement with him, but either way it would effect our cap situation.
re-signing nails reminds me of the "beer-goggles theory". have some pride. theres a plan. taking a crack at any old fool out there (no offense to old fools) is just taking up space where someone useful and more appropriate could sit.

they could consider it, but i think a man of his size and with his weak legs would wear down over the season and stop competing at a top level. that's what he did during the 2003 season. As a back-up I suppose he wouldn't be so bad.

Back
Top Bottom