Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing Nails? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing Nails?

Should The Dolphins Consider Re-signing nails?

• Yes

Votes: 70 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He would add depth to our line. Something we need. He was a stud in '02. Hurt in '03, give him a shot. Maybe put a clause in about his weight.. good pickup though.

I read somewhere that he is having knee problems. I think it was in Jason Cole's q&a section of the herald.

its obvious the miami FO MUST know something we dont or they would of signed him by now...maybe his knee/legs/whatever are SO shot that he wouldnt have ANY chance, there is a reason, we just dont know it.

the reason why miami doesn't take a flyer on him and just cut him if he doesn't work out is this: if the supposed knee trouble is real and he becomes "injured" then we can't just cut him. we either put in on i.r. for the rest of season or reach an injury settlement with him, but either way it would effect our cap situation.

I wouldn't be against resigning him. While he sucked last year, he was awesome in 2002 and we wouldn't have to pay him much, so resigning him isn't a big risk at all.

I think they may have considered it, I just think they decided not to.
But I say sign him for two reasons, depth and experiance.

the man PAVES ROADS on the field. It was said before and ill reiterate--I'd much rather have Jamie Nails anywhere near 02 over Jerman or Whitley. He is 28! If he really is healthy then this signing could possibly lock up a guard spot for a few years. Or maybe it wont but i see of no reason to not sign him up. Did he ever have trouble with teammates? that would be a concern

I voted yes, but I would have assume Miami has already brought him in for a physical. Unless they are complete morons, well maybee they still did. I would think they found something unsettleing since we really have no depth or a proven starter at his postion. It is also possible that they gave Nails incentives to get himself in to shape before camp starts that if he meets they will bring him in. Mini camp isn't going to do much for a vet like Nails, so there is no harm to wait untill camp starts.

Absolutely. The more competition in camp for the OL... the better IMO.
If Nails can regain his 2002 form so much the better... if he can't, he gets cut or adds depth, either way it's win-win for the Phins to give him another chance.

Back
Top Bottom