Should the Miami Dolphins Trade Cameron Wake? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Miami Dolphins Trade Cameron Wake?

OV gets doubled every play as soon as we lose Wake. Teams get an extra receiver on passing downs as soon as we lose Wake. We have nobody to replace Wake. He is our team captain and leader of the DL. No 3rd round pick is worth losing all of that. We need Cam Wake.

worst case you'd get a 3rd rounder...likely though a contender ponys up a late 2nd to have his services for the next 2 years...i don't know that this upcoming draft is one where it would be worth it to have that extra late 2nd...

but then miami would be putting itself in a doesnt have an alpha pure pass rusher anymore which means even harder to get off the field on defense...and way more "we can't sniff the qb"in our future

How many more seasons until the second coming of Tom Brady turns us into a contender? If we're not on the cusp of being a contender going into his 4th season to the point that we should be thinking about trading our best players, then we never will be.

Wake is a very one dimensional athlete. First of all, he's only on the field for about 60% of the defensive snaps, and second of all he sucks against the run.

Yes, on those third and long downs, he's a player you'd kill to have on your team, but I'd rather trade him for someone who can pressure the QB and stop the run consistently, and plays more than 60% of the snaps.

Wake is a very one dimensional athlete. First of all, he's only on the field for about 60% of the defensive snaps, and second of all he sucks against the run.

Yes, on those third and long downs, he's a player you'd kill to have on your team, but I'd rather trade him for someone who can pressure the QB and stop the run consistently, and plays more than 60% of the snaps.
If you can name a 3rd rounder (which is what we'd get for Wake) who will pressure the QB, stop the run consistently and play more than 60% of the snaps, we (and every NFL team's front office) are all ears...

Not much impact for an impact player, as others alluded to he disappears when we need him. I'm all for a trade as long as its for value. That being said, I won't be sad if we keep him but give me a guy like Suh, or Mo Wilkerson...game changers every game.

I know they're tackles but it's simply a reference.

Not much impact for an impact player, as others alluded to he disappears when we need him. I'm all for a trade as long as its for value. That being said, I won't be sad if we keep him but give me a guy like Suh, or Mo Wilkerson...game changers every game.

I know they're tackles but it's simply a reference.

He did cause that sack/fumble that was overturned. And I thought the overturn was BS.

He also caused a sack/fumble on Rodgers, which, if we would have recovered the ball would have won the game. Doesn't get much bigger than that.

Except maybe the walk off safety against the Bengals to keep our season alive.

I think "but he doesn't show up in big moments" is just something people say when the guy doesn't single handily win every single game.

He did cause that sack/fumble that was overturned. And I thought the overturn was BS.

He also caused a sack/fumble on Rodgers, which, if we would have recovered the ball would have won the game. Doesn't get much bigger than that.

Except maybe the walk off safety against the Bengals to keep our season alive.

I think "but he doesn't show up in big moments" is just something people say when the guy doesn't single handily win every single game.
His sack/fumble on Brady in Week 1 was the turning point for that game. His sack/fumble/recovery on Cutler against Chicago sealed that game for us. His monster sack of Geno against the Jets when they were about to kick a FG saved the game (and season) for us. This "not showing up" argument is not only inaccurate, it's misleading - it implies Wake just mails it in when the stakes are high. No one (and I mean no one) tries harder than Cam Wake, and to imply otherwise is just wrong, even if he may be on the decline athletically.

Yes, he did turn that Patriot game and key the second half shutout. But then the next week nothing against a inexperienced tackle in Buffalo.
He seems to be hot and cold.
But he has helped us win. I would keep him.

Back
Top Bottom