Should we go for Eli? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we go for Eli?

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
Does anyone think the Giants or Raiders will want to trade with the Fins for their draft picks? I'd really like to see Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger with Miami. We could have Griese(with a restructured salary) as a placeholder the way Cincinnati did with the formerly terrible Jon Kitna. Maybe ship Jay or Madison, the Fin's 1st round draft pick, and another player for a high 1st round pick and a decent player?

cost is too high for my liking... very tough to trade madison with that contract... i think we can fill the qb need with brunell and our 20th pick while improving our team elsewhere with the others. im not sure manning or ben are worth our draft/and or players essential to our success

I don't know about Brunell, could take him a while to get used to the offense. I'd rather see Griese with a rookie QB training the way the Bengals have. Maybe the Raiders will take Jay Fiedler, Romero, and a future draft pick for Manning.

Philip Rivers should be the QB Miami drafts. he is smart like Peyton (the line checks, reading defenses) has a quick release, good arm strength, and VERY accurate.

Eli Manning is overrated. he is so hyped up because he is Peyton's brother. He doesn't have a great arm, not mobile, not that accurate.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Philip Rivers should be the QB Miami drafts. he is smart like Peyton (the line checks, reading defenses) has a quick release, good arm strength, and VERY accurate.

Eli Manning is overrated. he is so hyped up because he is Peyton's brother. He doesn't have a great arm, not mobile, not that accurate.

You say Eli doesn't have a great arm & then you say Rivers has good arm strength? You've got your players mixed up. Eli has a better arm than Peyton & Rivers has a noodle arm. You know why Rivers has such a quick release? It's because he holds the ball low & back down on his right hip when he drops back & since he throws side arm there isn't much motion. I'll be very disappointed if we take Rivers when there are 5 QBs in the draft better than him.

Originally posted by SMadison29

You say Eli doesn't have a great arm & then you say Rivers has good arm strength? You've got your players mixed up. Eli has a better arm than Peyton & Rivers has a noodle arm. You know why Rivers has such a quick release? It's because he holds the ball low & back down on his right hip when he drops back & since he throws side arm there isn't much motion. I'll be very disappointed if we take Rivers when there are 5 QBs in the draft better than him.

I'm with you 100% on Rivers. If we draft any QB, it should be Roslithsberger(trade two 1sts for a high pick). Everything or nothing. Why draft a project QB early?

Originally posted by Rick 1966
Too big of a risk. I'd rather take my chances with Phil Rivers.

Too big of a risk?? I think not. Peyton even said himself that Eli may even be better than him.

Keep your eye on Matt Schaub. He seems to be the high riser in this year's draft.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

I would have to say that Eli Manning is better than what his stats show. He never had any real good WRs and still put up pretty good stats. And Chris Simms wasn't overhyped last year because of his dad??? He will be starting in Tampa within the next 3 years.

Originally posted by chambers84

I would have to say that Eli Manning is better than what his stats show. He never had any real good WRs and still put up pretty good stats. And Chris Simms wasn't overhyped last year because of his dad??? He will be starting in Tampa within the next 3 years.

Our problem would have been solved last year if that idiot Wanny would have taken him with our 2nd 3rd rounder but we took Taylor Whitley. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if he wasn't so stupid.

Are you guys crazy? Miami is not that far from being a 12-4 team. A couple of clutch Mare kicks and a couple of less key interceptions by Fiedler and we're there. A qb like Brunell can step in and be that veteran leader at a key offensive position that can make a difference. He's played in 2 AFC championships. Not only that, name me the last starting rookie QB in the superbowl?

THE TIME IS NOW FOR MIAMI!!!

I think it tends to all depend on how trade talks go, and what happens with Ogun. If someone with a fairly high pick actually decides to go after Ogunleye who with 9.5 sacks in 2002 and 15 sacks in 2003 in his first two seasons seeing any action whatsoever, its possible. I mean if you think about it this guy was considered a genuine blue chipper in college and possible first round DE talent, before a horrific knee injury...which he not only appears to have completely rehabilitated from, but it would seem he's made the jump and adjusted to the pro game to the point where this is one of those first round talent DEs who DOES end up good in the NFL. I mean look at all that and the only thing separating him from a John Abraham is a horrific knee injury that now appears to be no problem whatsoever.

Makes me sad to see him go but heck, we need the cap space and the draft picks. If Ogun nets us a pick in the top ten we have a legitimate shot at Eli or Roth. If not, then I say we use the two picks to grab a later QB and help elsewhere. I would not be averse to a CB to replace Sam Madison in the IMMEDIATE future.

Ya Wale's a big-time talent that I'd like to see stay too, but I'm not sure we'd be able to drop the $$ he's going to require, so he'll likely be gone.

In the event we DO get 2 first rounders, I'd like to see an O-Lineman / WR. With all the defensive talent coming out for the draft, it seems many solid offensive players will be available much later than expected.

Can't wait 'til April ;).

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Are you guys crazy? Miami is not that far from being a 12-4 team. A couple of clutch Mare kicks and a couple of less key interceptions by Fiedler and we're there. A qb like Brunell can step in and be that veteran leader at a key offensive position that can make a difference. He's played in 2 AFC championships. Not only that, name me the last starting rookie QB in the superbowl?

THE TIME IS NOW FOR MIAMI!!!

man, that is SOOOO wrong in so many ways.

1. Most people here and a veteran QB (like brunell) for next year and possibly one more while drafting a rookie. It would be ludacris to bring in an old vet QB and not draft a rookie! We haven't taken a QB above the sixth round since marino! We NEED a rookie QB who can take over in a few years. In the meantime try to win with a patch QB (brunell)

2. The time for miami is not NOW. That insenuates that we HAVE to win it now. I would like for us to, but this team is far from an old crippled team in cap trouble. We have a young very talented offense to build around (another reason to draft a rookie QB). THEY are the future of this team. Our all star defense will fall apart in 2-3 years. But that's not the end, then we'll shifft our focus to the offense. It's a simple plan.

Back
Top Bottom