Should we go for Eli? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we go for Eli?

Originally posted by Graythreat

1. Most people here and a veteran QB (like brunell) for next year and possibly one more while drafting a rookie. It would be ludacris to bring in an old vet QB and not draft a rookie! We haven't taken a QB above the sixth round since marino! We NEED a rookie QB who can take over in a few years. In the meantime try to win with a patch QB (brunell)

This may have been sarcasm, hard to tell on the net, but did take Dean May in the 4th round back in 1984 & Scott Mitchell in the 4th round of 1990.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think it tends to all depend on how trade talks go, and what happens with Ogun. If someone with a fairly high pick actually decides to go after Ogunleye who with 9.5 sacks in 2002 and 15 sacks in 2003 in his first two seasons seeing any action whatsoever, its possible. I mean if you think about it this guy was considered a genuine blue chipper in college and possible first round DE talent, before a horrific knee injury...which he not only appears to have completely rehabilitated from, but it would seem he's made the jump and adjusted to the pro game to the point where this is one of those first round talent DEs who DOES end up good in the NFL. I mean look at all that and the only thing separating him from a John Abraham is a horrific knee injury that now appears to be no problem whatsoever.

Makes me sad to see him go but heck, we need the cap space and the draft picks. If Ogun nets us a pick in the top ten we have a legitimate shot at Eli or Roth. If not, then I say we use the two picks to grab a later QB and help elsewhere. I would not be averse to a CB to replace Sam Madison in the IMMEDIATE future.

I read somewhere that San Diego will probably look to trade down - and they need defensive help in a bad way.

Originally posted by chambers84

I would have to say that Eli Manning is better than what his stats show. He never had any real good WRs and still put up pretty good stats. And Chris Simms wasn't overhyped last year because of his dad??? He will be starting in Tampa within the next 3 years.

Like I've been saying all along (and kiper backed my opinion up on hanks show) PR has a strong arm, but because of the way he throws it doesn't appear he does.

I've seen 3 games of Manning's. I see him under throwing a LOT, but the WR making great plays. then later on sportscenter i see them showing one of the plays praising Manning for a great throw (it makes the top 10).. he is ALL HYPE.

Chris Simms? PS couldn't hold Manning's jock. Manning is the BEST QB in the NFL by far. the 2nd best QB is miles back. it has everything to do with it.

if you can explain how come EM was in the running for the hiesman, and rivers wasn't I'll bow to you superior knowledge. HYPE... ALL HYPE. Manning doesn't do anything great, he does them well. he's not #1 pick. he should fall outside the top 10 IMO.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Philip Rivers should be the QB Miami drafts. he is smart like Peyton (the line checks, reading defenses) has a quick release, good arm strength, and VERY accurate.

Eli Manning is overrated. he is so hyped up because he is Peyton's brother. He doesn't have a great arm, not mobile, not that accurate.

They said that about payton because he was Archie's son and he may be the best player in the league. Eli is the closest thing to a lock (at the most important position) in the draft.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

They said that about payton because he was Archie's son and he may be the best player in the league. Eli is the closest thing to a lock (at the most important position) in the draft.

he is FAR from a lock.. maybe a lock at the first pick, but not as a player. the closest lock in the draft is Larry Fitzgerald.

Larry Fitzgerald may end up not even having a good 40 time and if that happens he will drop.

I agree Dread, Eli is the closest thing to a lock. I like Rivers but I like Eli better. As far as O-Gun it isn't hard to shine opposite JT. Look at Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell, David Bowens and Walle. Don't get me wrong #93 made awesome plays all year and we would be missing him very fast if we traded him but if we can get our future Q.B. and another vital player, O-Line or Big play reciever for O-Gun we have to look at it very hard and we could plug David Bowens back in there with I don't think too devastating of a drop off. We still have Jay Williams and we still have free agency. If we ended up with Eli plus a bigtime tackle or guard I say we have to go for it.

the lock is reggie williams, just that no one knows it yet...

Anyone as talented as he is, with the determination this kid has and the desire to be successful... hes gonna be the best wide receiver in the draft when all is said and done

Maybe. Only downside with him is that he is not a blazer. Somewhere around Koren Robinson's speed, not Roy Williams.

That is the one big reason Roy is ahead of Reggie. No Reggie is not slow, but when you are the top WR you have to be either super fast or super just I don't know what the heck he is(Fitzgerald).

yea, roy doesnt have the work ethic from what i've read.. and i'm ok with not having the speed if hes along side chambers. He would have enough speed to be successful, sure would be nice

Eli Manning is the best quarterback to enter the NFL since his brother. You watch tape of Peyton and Eli, and they are mirror images. Eli has a better arm and better mobility than Peyton.

Anyone that can lead a runt school like Ole Miss to a 10 win season deserves all the credit he gets.

I don't like the idea of giving away 2 1st rounders to move up, since if we DO get 2 first rounders, we'll have an outstanding opportunity to get a WR AND a QB. O-Line guys are plentiful in the FA and shouldn't cost TOO much.

I think Losman/Evans would be a good combo, unless one of the favorites are still around at our picks (i.e. Ben, Williams).

yea, if the first team that needs a QB in the draft doesnt take manning they should be shot. #1 lock, guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom