Should We Panic? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

Agree with that. Have high hopes that we've some great young pieces back there. I'm just not quite sure they're ready yet. And if I'm honest, I have big, big question marks about Burke. I had hoped we'd go out and get Fangio in the summer.

Me too...but I totally understand him getting at least another year. He clearly wanted to run schemes that he couldn't last year. I really think the loss of McMillan was huge to the D last year, but I *also* think losing Nate Allen after week 7 was huge.

Yes, and to the analogy of Landry, McCain is appropo. I would have no issue if Jarvis Landry and the Dolphins came to an agreement where he was the highest paid SLOT receiver.

RT is making less than Josh McCown this year, at 8.5mm.

Sitton is one of the best guards in the league. I can see the argument for Quinn being overpaid.

Let’s stay with avg pay per year, not the ups or down years of pay within a contract. Sitton is 32, not homegrown, and decline hits 11th season for OL. He’s overpaid for that.

Contracts have seen a 7% increase per year the past 3 years. Hard to compare contracts of elite players 2-3 years ago vs now.

See, that's just nuts, in my opinion. If everything goes right, we still don't have as talented a roster as a number of teams in the NFL. Thus, I think everything going right (ie, players working out, not too many injuries to key players (there are always going to be injuries) good coaching (I'm looking at you Burke)) .. at best, this is a 10-6 roster. Just my opinion. I think we'll hover around the average mark, finishing with 8-8. Hope I'm wrong.

How is that nuts? You said EVERYTHING would have to go right for our team. That translates to nothing, NOTHING going wrong. Flawless play execution, no penalties, defense is able to get off the field on 3rd downs, etc. Now if all of that is going RIGHT for Miami, but other teams are subjected to their norms of things going right or wrong, then why would it be nuts for the Dolphins to win the super bowl?

If you think a Dolphin team with 'everything' going right for it is going to be 10-6, gosh man, how bad do you think this team is??

How is that nuts? You said EVERYTHING would have to go right for our team. That translates to nothing, NOTHING going wrong. Flawless play execution, no penalties, defense is able to get off the field on 3rd downs, etc. Now if all of that is going RIGHT for Miami, but other teams are subjected to their norms of things going right or wrong, then why would it be nuts for the Dolphins to win the super bowl?

If you think a Dolphin team with 'everything' going right for it is going to be 10-6, gosh man, how bad do you think this team is??
I think the team is average. Not terrible not great. Everything going right was more of a turn of phrase than an exact meaning. Like, I obviously don't mean we're going to score a TD on every drive and stop opposition on every drive of theirs.

I'm speaking within reason, everything going right being, all rookies come in and play well, likewise all vets play to their ability etc. With good coaching, and that happening, we're at best a 10-6 team this year, in my completely uneducated and worthless opinion.

What if Parker develops into a WR1, McMillan is actually a stud, Tunsil and James bookend the O-line, RT slings it to Amendola and Wilson on short to intermediate routs and a Stills scores 10 TDs, Secondary leads the league in INTs, and Harris, Wake and Quinn have 35 sacks....damn that would be great. The fins would be 12-4, knocking the Pats down to the Wild Card slot and such a ego hit they lose in the first rd bringing and end to the Brady/Belicheck era.

I had a dream once that I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone!

This team needs 1 season of football without horribly embarrassing sub-plots like your star LB acquisition going AWOL before the first game, your OL coach humiliating everyone associated with the team for his conduct/cocaine. I really think the ridiculous drama away from the field made it impossible for the team to gel at all. While I don't have any clue what their record will be - if I had to argue in Miami's defense for a 7+ win season this year, there are 3 things I'd focus on. One is obviously having Tannehill back. While he's not a hall of famer, it's better on so many levels than Cutler it's not even a discussion. The next would be the upgrade at the OG position. Yes, it's not yet proven, but barring injury, I think that will make a tremendous difference in the offense this year. Last, and this goes unnoticed - for many seasons now, Miami has been taken out of games because they cannot control the other teams TE. Additionally, they haven't had a game-changer TE on the roster in a long, long time. I feel they've made steps to correct both of those issues in the off season. Will the rookie be a star? Not sure, but I like the possibilities a lot more than the sh** show we had out at TE last year. Plus, I believe our defense is being built to stop the other teams TE's. If that happens, this team will be 2-3 games better just based on that fact alone (IMO).

There is no reason to panic.

Training camp hasn't started. You're going to spend the whole summer in a panic ?
Over the summer, with the slowing of coverage, panic will likely be replaced by worry.

How about McCain, RT, Sutton, Quinn...McCain is the highest paid slot CB in the NFL...he’s overpaid as the 5th-7th best. And that’s OK is all I mean. The extra 2 mil he got per year is worth it. It just means they have to manage other contracts. Reward your best and motivate others to be better.

Point is, you don’t even consider these guys overpaid, they’re fins so you don’t question them.

Bunch of fanatics. No foresight. Just like the Dolphins organization. Blind faith, no wisdom. If you thought this was a playoff team then yes you should panic. If you thought they were 8-8, then you should stick to it. They’ll win 5 more games. Bengals are a good team. So are the Pats. Glad they kept the Bengals close. They might be better than the Patriots. Gonna continue to be an up and down year. Keep Gase, Fire Tannenbaum, build through the draft. Stay the course. And for God’s sake, stop signing these aging vets. You’re in this injury spot again because they’re injury prone signings. Doubt Quinn lasts the whole year. And he’s not lighting it up like a lot here thought he would. Very mediocre as stated this offseason.

we are not playoff team any more because teams will stop or running game. we are done. everybody know that now. bliss thill17 he cannot win by himself or put team on his back to win.

Back
Top Bottom