Shoulda Neva Been...holding!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shoulda Neva Been...holding!!!!

Whatever. I'm sure you could call holding/illegal contact/pass interference on literally every play. Thats how the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, Carroll (smartly) deduced they would only call a fraction of them even if they did it 100% of the time. Thats why there was an emphasis put on the rule the next season.

Trust me I am way more mad at Gase's playcalling than this hold because we should have never been in this situation to begin with. While I agree that there is probably a penalty on every single play, it is excusable to have them missed or not called when they dont effect the play or a ref just simply doesnt see it. The holds here stop a probable sack and are literally right in front of the ref. There is no excuse for this not being called whatsoever. Missing calls is one thing, blatantly ignoring calls is another.

I thought it was blatant holding Branch and the only excuse the ref would have would be the angle as he was behind the OL but it would have been a sack or incomplete pass with legal blocks by the Colts. Even if the Dolphins would have won this game, I don't think this team is good or even worth following the rest of this year. They're playing with a pre season roster so they look like a pre season team.

Back
Top Bottom