Shoutout to Adam Shaheen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shoutout to Adam Shaheen

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Nothing flashy but he gets the job done. 2 TDs on the season and came close to another yesterday when I believe he was tackled on the 3. Stepping up with the focus of defenses being Gesicki. This is one of those role players you need. Not a star but makes plays when needed. 6th round trade I think? Worth it

It's rounding out to be a nice group, young and in their prime too. Maybe stifling Gesicki a bit is a way to get those favorable extension numbers before Tua and Big Mike start putting up crazy TD's figures.

I liked Shaheen a lot coming out, quite a few did. He was a big athletic dude who people didn't know a lot about so their was some hype there. Then the injuries in Chicago, my best friend and my boss are both Bears fans and I tend to watch games with them a lot on Sundays. I made sure to point out Shaheen's recent success, although the Bears are set at TE and not worried too much about it.

Adam doesn't appear to have that athleticism back from his pre-injury self, who knows if he ever will but as a back up TE he has a future here.

Compliments to Grier and the front office on this one, I recall reading Grier really liked him coming out of college. Shaheen and Gesicki are match up problems when they're both on the field.

I think the Dolphins are going for a bigger, faster, and stronger approach to their personnel. Almost everyone they drafted or used draft picks to acquire this year is a gigantic ogre, has special athletic ability, or is named Tua.

Compliments to Grier and the front office on this one, I recall reading Grier really liked him coming out of college. Shaheen and Gesicki are match up problems when they're both on the field.

I think the Dolphins are going for a bigger, faster, and stronger approach to their personnel. Almost everyone they drafted or used draft picks to acquire this year is a gigantic ogre, has special athletic ability, or is named Tua.
You nailed it! In addition to Adam Shaheen (6'7, 257 lbs), Durham Smythe (6'6, 260 lbs) Mike Gesicki (6'6, 250 lbs) at TE, look at the O-linemen we drafted (Austin Jackson (6'5, 325 lbs), Robert Hunt (6'6, 323 lbs), Solomon Kindley (6'4, 329 lbs) and acquired Ereck Flowers (6'6, 343lbs) - they are all huge. (I remember when a 300 lb O-lineman was considered ideal). Look at the D-line guys like Zach Sieler (6'6, 297 lbs), Raekwon Davis (6'7, 330 lbs) and tiny Christian Wilkins (6'4, 315 lbs) - they are big. Even our D-line edge rusher, Emmanuel Ogbah is 6'4, 275 lbs. We also have a bruising fullback in Cox. The old Joe Philbin days of seeking sturdy finesse players in the trenches are completely dead and buried - the Dolphins appear to have fully embraced the mantra - "bigger is better".

Last edited:
I was glad Fitz looked his way cause I'm in a tight FF matchup and my opponent started Gesicki.

But for real, Shaheen has looked good in limited appearances. Not sure what his peak will be, but he seems to be a good #2 TE for us so far. Can't recall any drops

You nailed it! In addition to Shaheen (6'7, 257 lbs) and Smythe (6'6, 260 lbs), look at the O-linemen we drafted (Jackson, Hunt, Kindley) and acquired (Flowers) - they are all huge. Look at guys like Zach Sieler and Raekwon Davis - they are huge. We now have a bruising fullback in Cox. The old Joe Philbin days of seeking sturdy finesse players in the trenches are completely dead and buried - the Dolphins appear to have embraced the mantra - "bigger is better".

Not a draft pick but Byron Jones set a world record at the combine for long jump and Iggy, despite his struggles, is a world class sprinter if i recall.

Not a draft pick but Byron Jones set a world record at the combine for long jump and Iggy, despite his struggles, is a world class sprinter if i recall.
Actually Byron Jones still holds the standing broad jump world record. Noah Igbinoghene is athletic but was a better jumper than sprinter in high school (his Mom represented Nigeria at the Olympics as a sprinter (winning a bronze medal) and his Dad represented Nigeria as a long jumper).

FYI - The current record is held by Byron Jones, who recorded a jump of 3.73 m (12 ft 2 3⁄4 in) at the NFL Combine on February 23, 2015, beating the competition world record of 3.71 m (12 ft 2 in) set by Norwegian Arne Tvervaag from Ringerike FIK Sportclub in 1968.

*(note Byron broke the world record that had lasted for 47 years)

Last edited:
I liked the move when they made it.

They took a flier on a talented player who had not quite worked out in Chicago, and they got him cheap.

The move is looking pretty solid right now.

Iggy is a really good athlete, now he just needs to learn the position. If he comes on say next year and can learn boundary and Slot, then we really got something and some decent depth and flexibility in the secondary. We probably need to add another safety in the draft, but that group is promising. Love our Tight ends, solid group with Smythe being a solid blocker who’s improved his hands. Oline is the best it’s been probably the past 20 years or so.

Like what I see. Add a high pick tight end in the draft like freirmuth (please lord) and we will have a high level 4 piece rotation at tight end.

Back
Top Bottom