SHUT UP about the second round draft pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHUT UP about the second round draft pick

dolphindog

Scout Team
Reaction score
Many poeple are saying that Feely will be our starting qb, based on the fact that the Dolphins gave up a second round draft pick. Well the Giants gave a first round pick for Eli Manning, and we all know that Warner is starting. Why because although a young buck may have potential, a veteran is better.

dolphindog said:
Many poeple are saying that Feely will be our starting qb, based on the fact that the Dolphins gave up a second round draft pick. Well the Giants gave a first round pick for Eli Manning, and we all know that Warner is starting. Why because although a young buck may have potential, a veteran is better.

it not just the fact that they gave up a second round pick for feeley. they have been looking to replace fiedler for a couple of years now. so who ever they would have picked up would be looked at as fiedlers replacement and tell the patriots that a veteran is better than a rookie.

Most people are saying Feeley will start because they have no faith in Fiedler, not because of Feeley's price tag. With a lot of people this conclusion is based more on prayer and hope than on any logical reason. Kinda like "PLEASE let Feeley be good enough to start...I cant bear another season of Jay"

It's Feeley's job to lose IMO. Manning is a rookie, whereas Feeley is a 4th year guy (although he hasn't played much). At any rate, the Dolphins really want to be able to stretch the field and open up the playbook. Feeley represents a chance at that. Otherwise they wouldn't have made the trade.

We'll see what happens.

I think Warner starting is FAR from a done deal in Gotham. Recent reports have even Jesse "The Bachelor" Palmer throwning the ball better than Kurt. So I wouldn't stake my analogy on it.

2nd round draft pick. 2nd round draft pick. 2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick.2nd round draft pick. :roflmao:

That said, I STILL say that Jay Fiedler will be the starter week one.

Feeley's history is very similar to Brady's. Am I saying he is Tom Brady? NO. But its possible. Both were starters at big tme college programs until some young hot shot came in. Brady almost lost his job to Henson and may have if the coach knew Drew was gonna run to the Yankees so early. AJ got injured and lost his job to Joey Harrington. If he didn't get hurt who knows. What I do know is that Ron Wolf's opinion means alot to me. We may very well have a Brady or Hasslebeck (sp) here. Ron seems to think so and AJ certainly has some similarities to both QBs. If so we got a steal at a current 3rd rounder in a second next year.
Plus his girl friend can show more skin in the south florida sun! :D You guys got any nude beaches down there?? :roflmao:

Feeley's history is very similar to Brady's. Am I saying he is Tom Brady? NO. But its possible. Both were starters at big tme college programs until some young hot shot came in. Brady almost lost his job to Henson and may have if the coach knew Drew was gonna run to the Yankees so early. AJ got injured and lost his job to Joey Harrington. If he didn't get hurt who knows. What I do know is that Ron Wolf's opinion means alot to me. We may very well have a Brady or Hasslebeck (sp) here. Ron seems to think so and AJ certainly has some similarities to both QBs. If so we got a steal at a current 3rd rounder in a second next year.
Plus his girl friend can show more skin in the south florida sun! You guys got any nude beaches down there??

Its a good comparison. If Brady would have gotten injured like Feeley did, then Brady would have lost the starting to job to Drew Henson just like Feeley lost it to Joey Harrington.

Also I got the distinct feeling from watching the tapes that had the Eagles stuck with Feeley during the playoffs, they might, I do mean might, have gone farther than they did...I don't know it was just the way they were winning they were just winning, and Feeley was a good part of it even though he didn't look flashy from a numbers standpoint. The defense rose up definitely, but that offense refused to make plays consistently for him. More dropped balls than I could count...

dolphindog said:

So wrong on in so many ways. Feeley will be the starter. That's why he was brought in.

ckparrothead said:
Its a good comparison. If Brady would have gotten injured like Feeley did, then Brady would have lost the starting to job to Drew Henson just like Feeley lost it to Joey Harrington.

Also I got the distinct feeling from watching the tapes that had the Eagles stuck with Feeley during the playoffs, they might, I do mean might, have gone farther than they did...I don't know it was just the way they were winning they were just winning, and Feeley was a good part of it even though he didn't look flashy from a numbers standpoint. The defense rose up definitely, but that offense refused to make plays consistently for him. More dropped balls than I could count...

This may ruffle some feathers but I agree about Feeley over McNabb. In fact I am glad, GLAD we did not draft a qb in the first round, even if Carey is not a starter. I have said in the past, teams win with no name qbs and lots of talent around him. The big name guys take up too much cap space to allow sufficient surrounding talent. This is not the NBA. One guy cannot will the team to victory. He is only on the field half the time for god sake. To that end Manning prob will never win a ring. I would much rather have a Feeley type guy who takes up less cap and PLAYS WITHIN HIMSELF than a Mcnabb type guy who takes up a 1/4 of the teams cap and thinks he can squeeze a pass into a 1'-1' space.
Well except for Danny I would rather have the no name guy. :rolleyes:

dolphindog said:

Wow so much depth and research went into that post. If a veteran is better why did the Pats keep Brady over Bledsoe, the fact is Fiedler is an AVERAGE Qb at BEST. Anyone better and he rides the pine, thus AJ WILL be the starter not because of what we gave up for him (although it is a reason) but because of Jay's 2nd half flops, inability to do .... almost anything, and WEAK arm. 4 YEARS IS ENOUGH MISERY

dreadlockera said:
Plus his girl friend can show more skin in the south florida sun! :D You guys got any nude beaches down there?? :roflmao:

Brady was good enough to keep Henson on the bench whi wasn't the case with Feeley.Maddog said that Coaching staff in Michigan always like what they saw from Brady and knew he would end up being a starter in the NFL.

Muck said:
It's Feeley's job to lose IMO. Manning is a rookie, whereas Feeley is a 4th year guy (although he hasn't played much). At any rate, the Dolphins really want to be able to stretch the field and open up the playbook. Feeley represents a chance at that. Otherwise they wouldn't have made the trade.

We'll see what happens.

Agreed, Miami has been itching to throw the ball, especially deep, since our receivers have beaten so many DB's long, but never get the ball.

Back
Top Bottom