SHUT UP about the second round draft pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHUT UP about the second round draft pick

I'm not going to sit here and defend Jay on deep ball because I do think Feeley is capable of throwing a nicer deep ball but throwing deep ball has alot to do with OL protection as much it has to do with QB throwing it.

I agree there has to be protection in order to throw it long. I just want us to have more of a vertical offense. If we could just get a COUPLE of big chunks of yardage during a game it would help tremendously. I want the best guy to start. But I agree 4 years is enough time to prove yourself.

I hope Spileman tells Wanny to start Feely even if he's not ready just to save face.

Muck said:
It's Feeley's job to lose IMO. Manning is a rookie, whereas Feeley is a 4th year guy (although he hasn't played much). At any rate, the Dolphins really want to be able to stretch the field and open up the playbook. Feeley represents a chance at that. Otherwise they wouldn't have made the trade.

We'll see what happens.
I disagree Muck. As far as what Wanny told Fiedler, they are both competing for the position. Who decides who starts s anyones guess. Is it the HC's job or the GM's?

Justasportsfan said:
Who decides who starts s anyones guess. Is it the HC's job or the GM's?

IMO, it's the Head Coach's call. The GM assembles the components for the depth chart; the coaching staff puts it in order. I am sure, however, the Spielman will have a big say.

To that end Manning prob will never win a ring. I would much rather have a Feeley type guy who takes up less cap and PLAYS WITHIN HIMSELF than a Mcnabb type guy who takes up a 1/4 of the teams cap and thinks he can squeeze a pass into a 1'-1' space.

No offense but you're wrong about McNabb, he doesn't really try to squeeze a ball into a foot of space. He plays very safe but he's also got a cannon mounted on top of his shoulders and great running ability. He doesn't throw an accurate ball deep down the field either but he makes a lot of plays that is why the Eagles have been to the NFC Championship like 3 times in a row. Thats way better than we've done.

The Michigan coaches liked Brady so much they had him and Henson split time as the starters until Henson got a little banged up and they decided finally that Brady gives them their best chance of victory.

AJ Feeley held off Joey Harrington until he got significantly injured, Harrington started the rest of the season and did really well, and they Bellotti never gave Feeley the shot to get the starting job back (Feeley was also feeling a lot of lingering effects from the elbow injury, hence the draft profiles of him claiming he had a "weak arm")

If the same thing would have happened to Tom Brady, you can bet your bottom Brady never would have won that starting job back from Henson especially after how Henson performed when he did start.

Justasportsfan said:
it's already controvesial. I just want the fins to fail :D

ever other offseason has gone off fairly quietly and look where that got us.
So with all this mess we should win it all :roflmao:

ltfinfan said:
ever other offseason has gone off fairly quietly and look where that got us.
So with all this mess we should win it all :roflmao:
I don't know. There quite a few Griese vs. Fiedler threads last year as well.

Justasportsfan said:
I don't know. There quite a few Griese vs. Fiedler threads last year as well.

yeah but that was pretty much it for that year

this year's list:
wanny not being fired
marino turn around
the search for a new gm
keeping fiedler
feely trade
boston trade
eddie moore getting his *** knocked out :roflmao:

see how can we not win

ltfinfan said:
yeah but that was pretty much it for that year

this year's list:
wanny not being fired
marino turn around
the search for a new gm
keeping fiedler
feely trade
boston trade
eddie moore getting his *** knocked out :roflmao:

see how can we not win
don't forget Ricky's bong rips ;)

ckparrothead said:
No offense but you're wrong about McNabb, he doesn't really try to squeeze a ball into a foot of space. He plays very safe but he's also got a cannon mounted on top of his shoulders and great running ability. He doesn't throw an accurate ball deep down the field either but he makes a lot of plays that is why the Eagles have been to the NFC Championship like 3 times in a row. Thats way better than we've done.

The Michigan coaches liked Brady so much they had him and Henson split time as the starters until Henson got a little banged up and they decided finally that Brady gives them their best chance of victory.

AJ Feeley held off Joey Harrington until he got significantly injured, Harrington started the rest of the season and did really well, and they Bellotti never gave Feeley the shot to get the starting job back (Feeley was also feeling a lot of lingering effects from the elbow injury, hence the draft profiles of him claiming he had a "weak arm")

If the same thing would have happened to Tom Brady, you can bet your bottom Brady never would have won that starting job back from Henson especially after how Henson performed when he did start.

I was just using McNabb as an example of an expensive "top talent" qb because he and Feeley were on the same team and responding to your post about there being some that thought Feeley gave the Eagles a better shot to win. My point was not specific to Donovan, rather a general commentary about those types of qbs versus the Delhoumes (sp) of the world. Those top guys take up more cap and are more aggressive in coverage situations.

You and I agree about both Brady/Henson and Feeley/Harrington. Brady and Henson were on par when Henson was a true freshman. That says to me that Henson HAD more talent than Brady but his experience put them on the same level. As for Harrington/Feeley, Feeley lost his job due to injury (as you stated). Until then he was going to be the starter and once joey did well there was no reason to rock the boat. Obviously AJ does not have a weak arm. He was injured. I am not saying AJ will be great, just that he got a bit of a raw deal and we MAY have a quality qb. At least Wolf thinks so and that helps my confidence.

Back
Top Bottom