SHUT UP about the second round draft pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHUT UP about the second round draft pick

Why are my dang posts coming up blank? Only quick reply works.

The beginning post is wrong in many ways, first of all MONEY was spent on Feeley not just a pick. A pretty decent signing bonus if i remember correctly. The coaches are grooming Feeley to be starter, they're calling it an open competition and giving Jay equal practice time in case aj's a bust. It's called insurance.

AJ is NOT a rookie, rookies generally don't start the first year. But now that you mention who told you Warner was going to be the starter? It was my understanding that everybody was just speculating at this point. I wouldn't start Warner over Manning but that's a different discussion altogether.

McNabb IMO is a very overrated player. He's very good, but he's not top-5 QB good.

A QB's job is to throw the ball accurately and move the team through the air. it's the RB's job to run the ball.

Having a running QB is nice, but it sure hasn't amounted to many SB wins. (Elway was NOT a running QB when they won their two)

If McNabb can improve on his completion % teams won't keep him in the box and make them beat them. Which at this point he cannot do. It takes a very good defense to be able to keep him in the box, which is why he excels so much in the regular season. Once he gets into the playoffs though and faces the good defenses his team gets beat. That's just my humble opinion on it. (And no, I don't agree with what Rush said)

Feeley is an interesting test case for Speilman, he sure put alot of his eggs in that basket. Let's hope it works out and he keeps improving.

Well all I want is for all the Feeley lovers to stand behind him all the way. I don't want to hear any of the excuses that were used when Jay had bad games. None of the "our OL sucks", or "our recievers won't fight for the ball", or "the play calling is so predictable I could call the plays". If you think he is the answer then deal with it when he falls on his face. Don't think your names and posts will not be remembered. Don't be like the haters the last two years who thought Lucas was the "MAN" or last year when BG was Jays replacement, then were no where to be found when the truth was obvious to even the most casual fan.
All I ask is that you remember what you are saying now. Stand by your predictions and take your medicine like man.

NCFINFAN38 said:
Well all I want is for all the Feeley lovers to stand behind him all the way. I don't want to hear any of the excuses that were used when Jay had bad games. None of the "our OL sucks", or "our recievers won't fight for the ball", or "the play calling is so predictable I could call the plays". If you think he is the answer then deal with it when he falls on his face. Don't think your names and posts will not be remembered. Don't be like the haters the last two years who thought Lucas was the "MAN" or last year when BG was Jays replacement, then were no where to be found when the truth was obvious to even the most casual fan.
All I ask is that you remember what you are saying now. Stand by your predictions and take your medicine like man.

There's optimism. ;)

I just want to go on record as having said (check my posts if you want to verify) that Fiedler was a better option that either Lucas or Griese. However, I think Feeley will have more success that Fiedler. And I'll be happy to "take my medicine" should the need arise -- as long as it's not a suppository.

Everybody wanted us to draft a QB, but as we all know they take at least 3-4 years for you to see a return on your investment (except the great one's like Marino, Manning, etc). What we did was brilliant, the Eagles drafted Feeley, they developed him, and then by the time he's finally acclimated to the league and ready to start then we went out and got him. It's kinda like getting a rookie who's ready to play right away, great move IMO.

I'm not a feeley lover, I just call out the obvious things. Such as the fact that they brought him in to start. I don't know how well he'll do any more than the next guy. I just want the dolphins to succeed, I could give a da#$ whether its Jay or AJ as long as they go all the way.

I think it is time to give someone else a shot, if you think that that makes me love the man fine think whatever you want.

I for one support AJ. I will eat crow if i have too. I hate the inconsistant ducks that Dumbo throws. I actually have hope for a better year if Aj starts. Now is he going to be great Qb? That i do not know. Is Jay a great Qb ? That, i do know! The answer is NO!

dreadlockera said:
Feeley's history is very similar to Brady's. Am I saying he is Tom Brady? NO. But its possible. Both were starters at big tme college programs until some young hot shot came in. Brady almost lost his job to Henson and may have if the coach knew Drew was gonna run to the Yankees so early. AJ got injured and lost his job to Joey Harrington. If he didn't get hurt who knows. What I do know is that Ron Wolf's opinion means alot to me. We may very well have a Brady or Hasslebeck (sp) here. Ron seems to think so and AJ certainly has some similarities to both QBs. If so we got a steal at a current 3rd rounder in a second next year.
Plus his girl friend can show more skin in the south florida sun! :D You guys got any nude beaches down there?? :roflmao:

She certainly knows how. She's a "Gator".

Back
Top Bottom