SI on Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI on Miami

Originally posted by justafan
I'm excited too to see how media is going to jump over the Fiedler-Griese situation. How finfans are going to find a way to boo Fiedler in favor of Griese. It won't be fun for finfans but the rest of the AFCE fans will have a blast. :D

Lol...bear in mind that no matter how bad it gets down here, it'll still be a shadow of what you guys went through with Flutie/Johnson.

Gee, you guys would be willing to make room on your roster for Payton Manning? You'd take him over Griese? WOW, what a revelation! I can't believe that you would want a pro-bowl qb on your roster! First of all, Indy is not gonna give him up. Second of all, even if they were considering it, Miami does not have a first round pick (much less two) to give up for what, the next 3 or 4 years? Your team gives away first rounders like their going out of style and you have NOTHING to trade in return. Thrid, the is NO F-ING WAY you could fit Manning's salary under the cap --assuming you could pry him away from Indy --assuming you had anything to trade for him. You people crack me up!

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...bear in mind that no matter how bad it gets down here, it'll still be a shadow of what you guys went through with Flutie/Johnson.

Thank heavens that's over with. I think you guys should've gotten Flutie along with Seau from SD instead on Griese.

speaking of crack....is that what you are on my friend? we have all of our draft picks except the #2 and either a 5 or 6 next year......we have all of our number ones.....so check yourself dude.....

and speaking of trading number one picks....how did rob johnson work out after?

Originally posted by gobillsgo
Gee, you guys would be willing to make room on your roster for Payton Manning? You'd take him over Griese? WOW, what a revelation! I can't believe that you would want a pro-bowl qb on your roster! First of all, Indy is not gonna give him up. Second of all, even if they were considering it, Miami does not have a first round pick (much less two) to give up for what, the next 3 or 4 years? Your team gives away first rounders like their going out of style and you have NOTHING to trade in return. Thrid, the is NO F-ING WAY you could fit Manning's salary under the cap --assuming you could pry him away from Indy --assuming you had anything to trade for him. You people crack me up!

I quess you're in our front office now..If Manny became available and Miami wanted him and he wanted to be here..I bet we'd find a way to sign him..I do have a 1st rd pick for the next two years at this time.....I remember what you gave up for Drew and I don't see you crying, nor were you crying then....Manning is a step up for just about any team.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
speaking of crack....is that what you are on my friend? we have all of our draft picks except the #2 and either a 5 or 6 next year......we have all of our number ones.....so check yourself dude.....

and speaking of trading number one picks....how did rob johnson work out after?

Lol...is that the junkie calling the pusher "crack"?

Drew Bledsoe Trade (in the end):

Bills Get: Drew Bledsoe, Willis McGahee, #23 overall (2003)
Bills Give Up: #14 overall (2003), Peerless Price

If you would like to argue that these were two different trades, I would reply that having Drew Bledsoe (who the Bills gave up nothing for in 2002) enabled Peerless Price to have a career year, thereby dramatically increasing his trade value. I would make this trade again in a second, and believe that the Bills came away with an absolute steal over the course of these transactions.

What did Ricky end up costing you?

Damn...checking facts is just SO difficult for some people. Perhaps you could share with us WHY we have no 1st round picks? Apparently when you brewed the last batch of 'shrooms you made it a little strong. Miami has all it's picks but #2 next year which we sent to New England for a #3(great trade!!!...not...)

If you would like to argue that these were two different trades, I would reply that having Drew Bledsoe (who the Bills gave up nothing for in 2002) enabled Peerless Price to have a career year, thereby dramatically increasing his trade value. I would make this trade again in a second, and believe that the Bills came away with an absolute steal over the course of these transactions.

2 late 1st round picks, for the best player the team has ever had at the position. Tell me this...would you have given up 2 1sts for Thurman Thomas?

What a person who gets hit as much and punish as much as Ricky gets and does...2 firsts..and he was worth it..and like you..I'd do it again..but I think if we had that 1st..we would have put it on a need..like LT..we wouldn't have drafted another RB with Ricky onboard...what a slap in Henry's face.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

What a person who gets hit as much and punish as much as Ricky gets and does...2 firsts..and he was worth it..and like you..I'd do it again..but I think if we had that 1st..we would have put it on a need..like LT..we wouldn't have drafted another RB with Ricky onboard...what a slap in Henry's face.
That's because your front office only lives for today. This is unrealated to this topic, but this is the same reason Miami never makes it over the hump as a real threat to win a championship. Sometimes, in order to achieve greatness, you have to take calculated risks. Being a Miami board, I'm fairly sure that few here will deny that if McGahee comes back from this injury he will instantly be one of the top backs in the league. If not, I guess we'll have to make do with the other pro-bowler. What a bad situation!!!

I can't wait until we mop up these Bill so they can stay of our boards. We were having a nice post until they interfered. Don't worry Sept 21 is right around the corner. After the game these Bills Fans will scatter from our boards like roaches..

You people crack me up. You all want to berate Buffalo's front office for spending a first-rounder on what would have otherwise been a top 3 pick, but then turn right around and say that 2 #1's for Ricky (who was anything but a game-breaker in NO) was well-justified. I guess hindsight truly is 20/20.

FYI, Thurman Thomas had similar questions about his knee coming out of college, but the Bills didn't have to give up 2 first-rounders for him. They picked him with their own second round pick. That pick sure sucked too!!!

BTW, for all the smack you clowns want to talk, we STILL SWEPT YOU LAST YEAR!!! SCOREBOARD CHUMPS!!!

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
I can't wait until we mop up these Bill so they can stay of our boards. We were having a nice post until they interfered. Don't worry Sept 21 is right around the corner. After the game these Bills Fans will scatter from our boards like roaches..

Make sure you have the right pest control, If the bills win ,guess who'll be back to pester you . I bet you won't be around to face the music.

Crazy305, do you think the fins will sweep the bills?

Back
Top Bottom