Sick of Bledsoe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sick of Bledsoe

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than Jay Fiedler. He just is. There are too many throws that Drew can make easily that Jay just plain can't, to say otherwise. Brett Favre is a better quarterback than any of them. Jay's got good mobility and he's a solid all-around QB but Drew is more than just solid all-around.

ck, I am not trying to flame here, but what throw can't Jay make?

Originally posted by BillsMan80
Let me say this, Bledsoe has more physical skills than Jay, but he must prove it again this year.

No Bledsoe has a stronger arm......period. That's it.

if we had a good offensive line i'd pick drew...but with what we got i'd say jay

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

No Bledsoe has a stronger arm......period. That's it.

No, Bledsoe is a more physically gifted Quarterback. If you picked a QB based on talent, mostly any GM in the NFL would take Bledsoe.

Originally posted by dolfan87
ck, I am not trying to flame here, but what throw can't Jay make?

Completed throws!! LOL!

If we asked 100 football fans arround the league that aren't bills, fins and Pat fans, who do you guys think they will say is the better QB?

Get real. A lot of posters here are biased. I don't Blame them.
I am a bills fan and not a Drew Bledsoe fan. He hasn't done anything for the bills yet. However , based on the past DB is definitely better than Fiedler.

Bledsoe is on his way to the HOF. If Fiedlers career was to end tomorrow, he won't. Whether or not Fiedler will make it someday, I can't say. But as of right now, DB is better. Ask any other NFl fan out there.

Ask yourselves this. Why is it most bills fans are optimistic and excited about Drew and half of finfans don't like Fiedler? That should say something about both qb's.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't like Fiedler because of the Interceptions he threw.

"Why is it most bills fans are optimistic and excited about Drew and half of finfans don't like Fiedler?"

Half of finfans don't like Fiedler because he is not Dan Marino, plain and simple. They got spoiled rotten on Dan the Man. If they'd quit holding Fiedler to the same standards Marino set, they might just realize they've got a pretty good QB in Fiedler.

Bills fans, on the otherhand, just came off a season where Alex Van Pelt was their best QB, so yes, adding Bledsoe would be very exciting to them.

BTW-Bledsoe's a good QB, but I have my doubts he's on his way to the HOF.

Why is it most bills fans are optimistic and excited about Drew and half of finfans don't like Fiedler? That should say something about both qb's.
It's because Bledsoe is an obvious improvement over what the Bills had before, whereas Fiedler is an obvious step down from what the Dolphins had before.

The noise would be the same if the quarterbacks were swapped... the Bills fans would be rightfully optimistic and excited about Fiedler, an obvious improvement over what the Bills had before, whereas many Dolphin fans would bitch because Bledsoe is an obvious step down from what the Dolphins had before.
Bledsoe is on his way to the HOF.
What, on holiday, before training camp opens?

Jeff

Originally posted by BillsMan80

No, Bledsoe is a more physically gifted Quarterback. If you picked a QB based on talent, mostly any GM in the NFL would take Bledsoe.

Ryan Leaf is more physically gifted than both Fiedler and Bledsoe, but that doesn't make Leaf better than Fiedler.

But Bledsoe has proven time and again that his physical gifts can be translated into points, yards, and excellent plays. Ryan Leaf has not. Jay Fiedler isn't bad, in fact given the right amount of talent around him I think he could even be up there with like Phil Simms or something but Drew is really in a whole different class. Jay Fiedler does a lot of things average to well, but nothing great. The good part of that is he doesn't have many weaknesses. But there are throws that Jay just plain can't make the way you need to like deep outs, and deep flys. He can't throw across his body on the run very well. The problem is with the throws that he can't make, that he doesn't even try to make them (which is a GOOD thing actually given the limitations) so you never get to see exactly what throws he sucks at cuz he doesn't even consider them options when the situation arises.

Drew just has more in the arsenal. Just because its been a while since the Patriots have made waves with Drew Bledsoe at the helm everyone seems to forget that there's a reason he is a pro bowl QB and throws for 3500 yards like every year.

a little addition to that from a Bills fan...

Jay Fielder however....is exactly what you are looking for if you are a defense orientated team like that dolphins.....

There is nothing wrong with it....Fielder doesn't make a lot of mistakes....but he isnt a risk taker either....he plays close to the vest....field position....let the defense keep you in it football

Drew Bledsoe is a gunslinger type like Jim Kelly was...like Dan Marino was....he is the type of QB that will make that throw to burn you..to put a stake in your heart....no matter where it is at....he is the type that will throw an interception...come right back and try to burn you again....if you are 3 touchdowns down...you still have a chance with Bledsoe because he has that ability to make the throw where it should not be able to be thrown....if Fielder is in that situation...you simply lose.

There are give and takes to both sides.....

Originally posted by John from Hemet

Drew Bledsoe is a gunslinger type like Jim Kelly was...like Dan Marino was....he is the type of QB that will make that throw to burn you..to put a stake in your heart....no matter where it is at....he is the type that will throw an interception...come right back and try to burn you again....if you are 3 touchdowns down...you still have a chance with Bledsoe because he has that ability to make the throw where it should not be able to be thrown....if Fielder is in that situation...you simply lose.

There are give and takes to both sides.....

Fiedler was in that situation w/out a run game against you and won.

http://scores.nfl.com/scores/2001/week11/playbyplay/NFL_20011125_MIA@BUF.htm

http://scores.nfl.com/scores/2001/week11/gamecenter/NFL_20011125_MIA@BUF.htm

Originally posted by JeffJewell
It's because Bledsoe is an obvious improvement over what the Bills had before, whereas Fiedler is an obvious step down from what the Dolphins had before.

Who, Damon Huard?

What, on holiday, before training camp opens?

Jeff

Bledsoe.... look at his numbers, he is on his way to Canton to be enshrined in the Pro Football HOF....

Back
Top Bottom