Sick of Bledsoe | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sick of Bledsoe

Originally posted by Brady Sucks

Who, Damon Huard?

Bledsoe.... look at his numbers, he is on his way to Canton to be enshrined in the Pro Football HOF....

He was talking about Dan Marino, and Bledsoe will not make the HOF.

Brady Sucks, take your own advice and look at his numbers. What is his career quarterback rating? How many records does he hold? How many Super Bowls has he won? (The last one doesn't count, Brady won that one.) Has he changed the game of football? Did he change the way the quarterback position is played? All those are criteria when selecting someone to the HOF. Unless he posts Marino-like numbers the next 7 seasons, I doubt he will make it to the HOF......

Originally posted by booyeah_

He was talking about Dan Marino, and Bledsoe will not make the HOF.

I guess that went waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over your head. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Bledsoe is will be a HOF'er.

Let's have a little comparison....

Bob Griese's stats (from the Pro Football HOF's website)
1967-1980
Career Stats: 25,092 yards, 192 TDs, 77.1 pass rating;

Drew Bledsoe's stats (from the NFL's website)
1993-present, (regular starter in 8 seasons)
Career Stats: 29,657 yards, 166 TDs, 75.9 pass rating

I'd like to think Bledsoe is Canton-bound. :)

Bob Griese led the Dolphins to 3 straight superbowls, winning two of them. He also led the Dolphins to the only undefeated season in the history of the NFL, 1972. Thats why he is in the HOF.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Bob Griese led the Dolphins to 3 straight superbowls, winning two of them. He also led the Dolphins to the only undefeated season in the history of the NFL, 1972. Thats why he is in the HOF.

Yeah, and his stats are a result of going to 3 straight superbowls, winning two of them.

Next thing you'll tell me is that Ted Williams shouldn't be in the HOF because he didn't win a World Series, or that John Elway wouldn't have made the HOF if he didn't win 2 in his last 2 seasons in the NFL.......

No, I'm saying Bledsoe has done nothing to deserve to go to the Probowl. First, John Elway isn't in the HOF yet. 2nd, look at his stats, add that to how he played the position, and the 2 Superbowl wins, and you have yourself a HOF QB. What has Bledsoe done? He had a few good seasons, made a few Probowls, led his team to a Superbowl, which they lost. Sounds like a real HOF to me. Just a side note, I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything, if it seems like that. I'm simply saying that Bledsoe has done nothing to deserve to be in the HOF yet......

I guess that went waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over your head. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Bledsoe is will be a HOF'er.

Well I didn't suspect sarcasm b/c I thought it was just another comment by a Bills fan thats not backed up with facts.

For a player to make the HOF, he has to maintain greatness throughout his career. Bledsoe has not done that. Y.A. Title, Sammy Baugh, Dan Marino, Johnny U., Joe Namath, Jim Kelly, and Joe Montana are examples of QBs who have maintained greatness throughout their careers. Unless the people at the HOF are stupid and/or high enough to consider these stats great , Bledsoe will not make it.

Next thing you'll tell me is that Ted Williams shouldn't be in the HOF because he didn't win a World Series, or that John Elway wouldn't have made the HOF if he didn't win 2 in his last 2 seasons in the NFL.......

Williams dominated MLB for 19 seasons, if Drew Bledsoe starts to dominate the NFL for 19 seasons then he'll make the HOF for sure.

Bledsoe is a perfect example of how overrated pocket passers truly are. DLmen and LBs are just too damn athletic for pocket passers to sit back between the hashmarks for 5 seconds now-a-days.

An NFL pocket passer needs to have one of three things to survive in the NFL: 1) Ablity to improvise 2) Uncanny ability to get the ball out quickly all while avoiding turnovers 3) a great RB and OL.

Bledsoe was a great QB... with Curtis Martin to hand off to, Ben Coates on intermediate routes and a solid OL. If the Bills OL is, as expected, markedly improved and Travis Henry turns into a franchise back, Bledsoe definitely could succeed in Buffalo and return to the way he played with NE in 96. But when I look at Bledsoe, I see no ability to improvise, no uncanny ability to get the ball out quickly, and no great OL and RB that can immediately put him in a caretakers role. And thus, I don't exactly see Bledsoe thriving in his first year with the Bills.

A couple of comments cat....

"Bledsoe is a perfect example of how overrated pocket passers truly are. DLmen and LBs are just too damn athletic for pocket passers to sit back between the hashmarks for 5 seconds now-a-days. "

Actually it seems to me that the scramblers are the ones that are overated..if you take a look at the last 3 super bowl winners these are guys with pocket presense but are not scramblers.....Bledsoe fits that mold and he is BIG...I have seen him shrug off would be sackers because of his size and strength...I actually think that nowadays it is easier to protect a pure pocket passer then it is to protect a scrambler because your offensive line knows where you are going to be.....

"An NFL pocket passer needs to have one of three things to survive in the NFL: 1) Ablity to improvise 2) Uncanny ability to get the ball out quickly all while avoiding turnovers 3) a great RB and OL. "

A couple things you are missing on this list.....a pure pocket passer needs to have a safety outlet when he goes through his progression of reads and noone is open.....I also needs to be able to move around in the pocket to avoid pressure......Larry Centers returns for another year.....nuff said there

"Bledsoe was a great QB... with Curtis Martin to hand off to, Ben Coates on intermediate routes and a solid OL. If the Bills OL is, as expected, markedly improved and Travis Henry turns into a franchise back, Bledsoe definitely could succeed in Buffalo and return to the way he played with NE in 96. But when I look at Bledsoe, I see no ability to improvise, no uncanny ability to get the ball out quickly, and no great OL and RB that can immediately put him in a caretakers role. And thus, I don't exactly see Bledsoe thriving in his first year with the Bills."

I think we agree on most of this.....Drew was a great QB WHEN THE TEAM USED HIM CORRECTLY.....and that is the lesson I think that the bills will take from watching him last year.....that is why the bills made a concerted effort to improve their line, get rid of guys that were not getting it done...brought in a blocking TE...etc. and you cannot discount the fact that Bledsoe has a lot of toys at his disposal.....Eric Moulds, two quality Tight Ends, The best pass catching fullback in the league, and the best wide receiver in college football last year.....

I think we will be ok

okay....

Originally posted by jd13
the biggest problem with bledsoe is that he holds onto the ball to long...buffalos offensive line isnt that good...he takes to many sacks...

1) He hasn't played in Buffalo yet and with the Buffalo line....

2) Look who's talking!!! How in samhell is your O-line better than ours? :confused: It was last year my friend, but NO MORE!

Fiedler is considered a scrambler, but he isn't even that great of one... Based on scrambling ability only I would take:

Vick
Carter
Garcia
McNabb
Stewart
Culpepper
Brooks
Hamilton
McNair
King
Blake

all before Fiedler....