Side Story from Camp this Morning... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Side Story from Camp this Morning...

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
Nice little story here.

I get to camp this morning, I'm standing out by the player entrance and this old man behind me starts talking about how his son plays for the Dolphins and how proud he is and how he can't wait to see him get out there and play. Player after player after player walked down that hill and all this old man could talk about was, "Where's my Grandson?" Finally, his Grandson came walking down the hill and that old man went crazy yelling his name. Kid finally came over and the Sun-Sentinel caught a great shot of the two hugging. Old man was tearing up a bit when his Grandson trotted off to the field.

#19 Michael Preston

That's me on the left in the orange shirt. Rarely ever do you see a genuine smile like that come out of this guy, but that moment hit me. Gonna be tough for me not to have a soft spot for that kid now.

11904049_551117541803_7402806519948305760_n.jpg

Great story! Thanks for sharing

Amazing man! I want him to beat everyone out and become the undisputed number one receiver now!

Cool as hell JCane. Sometimes we get too caught up in how good or a player is or isn't and forget about things like this.

Let's hope he makes it big, would be a great story

It's always great when you get a glimpse of the human side of these kids.

its hard not to root for this kid. his interview blew me away with how humble, down to earth and humorous he was. Keep flashing fire preston, you'll find a place on the team.

its hard not to root for this kid. his interview blew me away with how humble, down to earth and humorous he was. Keep flashing fire preston, you'll find a place on the team.

It was cool to see him come over because his Grandfather was making a scene. You could tell the kid was still a kid in the sense of, "Calm down you're embarrassing me. I love you to death but you're embarrassing me."

Hopefully 19 is better to him than it was to the others.

Preston would give everything to have a career like Brandon Marshall or even Ted Ginn. When you're fighting to just make the league, Ginn's career doesn't look so bad.

Back
Top Bottom