Side Story from Camp this Morning... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Side Story from Camp this Morning...

Oh by the way...JC..your not a unemotional jerk...it's just that the Dolphins have tore our hearts out the last decade plus.

If they keep 6 WRs, Preston has as good a chance as anybody to take the last spot. Would be between him and Hazel.

There's no false idol worship. Preston isn't making the team...even if he has a great camp. Dolphins brought in too much on offense for him to have a solid role on Sunday. It's just a nice story. Your troll game is weak. I offer lessons for a fee.

Nice little story here.

I get to camp this morning, I'm standing out by the player entrance and this old man behind me starts talking about how his son plays for the Dolphins and how proud he is and how he can't wait to see him get out there and play. Player after player after player walked down that hill and all this old man could talk about was, "Where's my Grandson?" Finally, his Grandson came walking down the hill and that old man went crazy yelling his name. Kid finally came over and the Sun-Sentinel caught a great shot of the two hugging. Old man was tearing up a bit when his Grandson trotted off to the field.

#19 Michael Preston

That's me on the left in the orange shirt. Rarely ever do you see a genuine smile like that come out of this guy, but that moment hit me. Gonna be tough for me not to have a soft spot for that kid now.

11904049_551117541803_7402806519948305760_n.jpg

Gotta be one in every bunch with a thumbs down to a good story. Unreal.

Great Story! Gets me excited to get into this Dolphin team even more. Thx's for sharing.

'Criminoles'? Yikes (lol).

How about: "the 'Canes wear orange sometimes to get used to their likely uniform after football". JK, on that one too. I'm more of a Canes fan than any other college team. Then again, I really don't have a favorite college team for football.

It's gotta be kind of a sad situation for players that really have no hope of making a team's roster because of numbers. There are guys brought in to be nothing but 'camp bodies'. His only hope is to somehow flash enough to get signed to another team's practice squad. At some point, for some of these kids, you'd have to question the 'risk/reward' ratio of getting hurt and having to start your life after football with a debilitating injury for nothing.

Nice little story here.

I get to camp this morning, I'm standing out by the player entrance and this old man behind me starts talking about how his son plays for the Dolphins and how proud he is and how he can't wait to see him get out there and play. Player after player after player walked down that hill and all this old man could talk about was, "Where's my Grandson?" Finally, his Grandson came walking down the hill and that old man went crazy yelling his name. Kid finally came over and the Sun-Sentinel caught a great shot of the two hugging. Old man was tearing up a bit when his Grandson trotted off to the field.

#19 Michael Preston

That's me on the left in the orange shirt. Rarely ever do you see a genuine smile like that come out of this guy, but that moment hit me. Gonna be tough for me not to have a soft spot for that kid now.

11904049_551117541803_7402806519948305760_n.jpg

My favorite part of the story is: Turns out J is a guido.

guido04.jpg

Please tell me that shadow on your face isn't a chinstrap beard. :chuckle:

'Criminoles'? Yikes (lol).

How about: "the 'Canes wear orange sometimes to get used to their likely uniform after football".
JK, on that one too. I'm more of a Canes fan than any other college team. Then again, I really don't have a favorite college team for football.

It's gotta be kind of a sad situation for players that really have no hope of making a team's roster because of numbers. There are guys brought in to be nothing but 'camp bodies'. His only hope is to somehow flash enough to get signed to another team's practice squad. At some point, for some of these kids, you'd have to question the 'risk/reward' ratio of getting hurt and having to start your life after football with a debilitating injury for nothing.

This might interest you.

CMtdD40WoAE6XYB.png:large

Would seem the SEC dominates these rankings too lol. Miami is down in the fine print with 7 arrests.

This might interest you.

CMtdD40WoAE6XYB.png:large

Would seem the SEC dominates these rankings too lol. Miami is down in the fine print with 7 arrests.

Mainly because UM has less football players on their team...

Back
Top Bottom