Sign Julian Edelman and Aqib Talib | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Julian Edelman and Aqib Talib

walt

Active Roster
Reaction score
I said it last offseason (when Edelman would have come cheap), and I say it again. Edelman just made clear that he's going to test the free agent market. The guy is a dynamic playmaker, at both WR (where he plays both outside and in the slot), and as a PR. Yes, WR is a relative position of strength for us now, but this is a guy you want on your team. And a takeaway from our primary competition to boot.

Talib would also be tremendously valuable as a takeaway from the arch rival. They've shown over 2 seasons that their secondary cannot function when he's not out there. He is a shutdown corner when healthy. Talib and Grimes would give us the best CB combo in the NFL. Yes, he's had injury issues and not been on the field at key times, but that will keep his price tag down also. He's also kept his nose clean in NE after a checkered early career.

edelman is almost the samething as gibson to me , people forget how effective gibson was until he got hurt.

talib will replace grimes if signed, do you want that?

Why Edelman? Talib's injuries bother me. However, it would really hurt the Pats.

edelman is almost the samething as gibson to me , people forget how effective gibson was until he got hurt.

talib will replace grimes if signed, do you want that?

Edelman is an outstanding PR as well. And was more productve than Gibson. Gibson caught 30 balls in 7 games (4.3 per game) and Edelman caught 105 in 16 games (6.6 per game).

I'd like both Grinmes and Talib, although maybe that's unrealistic.

Talib would be a fine get, I just don't think it's in the cards cap-wise when you consider the areas we will be spending on this offseason.

Why Edelman? Talib's injuries bother me. However, it would really hurt the Pats.

Actually, I've wondered if Talib's injuries might be partly psychological. He left the playing field with an injury during each of the past 2 AFC championship games, and his knee injury after the game this year was said to be "not serious." Maybe he can't take the pressure of big games? It will be interesting to see how hard the Pats go to re-sign him.

Edelman is an outstanding PR as well. And was more productve than Gibson. Gibson caught 30 balls in 7 games (4.3 per game) and Edelman caught 105 in 16 games (6.6 per game).

I'd like both Grinmes and Talib, although maybe that's unrealistic.

pats only had him tho of course they going to throw to him gronk was out for most of the year, adelman was hurt for like half the year.

edelman caught a lot of short routes and welker type routes.

we had clay,wallace,hartline and gibson still produced.

If the Patriots let Edelman walk, I think Brady will have a conniption. Actually, I hope they do as I'd love to see that.

I said it last offseason (when Edelman would have come cheap), and I say it again. Edelman just made clear that he's going to test the free agent market. The guy is a dynamic playmaker, at both WR (where he plays both outside and in the slot), and as a PR. Yes, WR is a relative position of strength for us now, but this is a guy you want on your team. And a takeaway from our primary competition to boot.

Talib would also be tremendously valuable as a takeaway from the arch rival. They've shown over 2 seasons that their secondary cannot function when he's not out there. He is a shutdown corner when healthy. Talib and Grimes would give us the best CB combo in the NFL. Yes, he's had injury issues and not been on the field at key times, but that will keep his price tag down also. He's also kept his nose clean in NE after a checkered early career.
Walt - Edelman is decent but what makes him look good is that he has Brady throwing him the ball. As someone earlier stated Gibson is a better footballer. We just need him healthy.
Aqib Talib isn't going anywhere. Good player seeking top $.

Grimes and Vontae sound better... Would never happen, but eh.

Back
Top Bottom