Sign Julian Edelman and Aqib Talib | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Julian Edelman and Aqib Talib

Walt - Edelman is decent but what makes him look good is that he has Brady throwing him the ball. As someone earlier stated Gibson is a better footballer. We just need him healthy.
Aqib Talib isn't going anywhere. Good player seeking top $.

I don't agree that Edelman is only good because of Brady. People said that about Welker, and Edelman is a Welker clone.
Welker was solid for us, and has done great in Denver (although going from Brady to Manning doesn't hurt.

Also, Brady isn't blocking for Edelman on punt returns. We could use an upgrade there, Thigpen was sub-par.

Edelman was a product of Tom Brady. He only averaged 10 ypc where Gibson averaged 10.9. He also only caught 6 TDs on 105 receptions. One TD per 17.5 catches where Gibson averaged a TD per 10. Not an upgrade in my opinion and who knows how good Gibson was going to be this season if he was healthy??? He was really starting to click with Tannehill before the injury and I bet he would've had about 75 catches for 800+ yards and 6 or 7 TDs. I just hope he comes back healthy. Now signing Talib would be a luxury that could pay off big but it would prob hurt our chances to resign Grimes. He is a lock-down corner but hip issues are tricky, especially for CBs. I see Talib breaking the bank in FA anyway so we won't get him. Let's concentrate on oline so we can finally run the ball and keep Tanny off his back!!!

I like Edelman, but he will want starter money. And we already have two WRs with big contracts.

Edelman did stand out with a sucky Pats receiving corp.

Grimes gave up very few if any TD passes if I recall correctly.

I would take him all day everyday over Talib.

No to Edelman with his 10 tds in 5 years playing with Brady
As for Aqib Talib depending if we release Patterson could be a very good catch

Edelman is an outstanding PR as well. And was more productve than Gibson. Gibson caught 30 balls in 7 games (4.3 per game) and Edelman caught 105 in 16 games (6.6 per game).

I'd like both Grinmes and Talib, although maybe that's unrealistic.

Yes, but Brady makes everyone around him better. Gibson would have had better stats playing in NE as well. Edelman would be lucky to catch 50 balls in Miami.

Gibson was a stud before he was injured. Let's get him back healthy and I think we are set at receiver. I don't think Talib is worth it.

Talib is younger than Grimes but I only see him as a plan b because I think we go all out to make sure that Grimes is a Phin next year. Edelman, no. We have a slot guy in Gibson and Mathews also seems promising. If we add a wr it will be in the draft.

We realistically will not sign both Talib and Grimes - this isn't Madden. With that in mind, you absolutely go after Grimes first.

As for Edelman, good guy and a solid team player, but he would not be an upgrade at WR over Gibson and I wouldn't want to take snaps away from Matthews. He's not necessary unless he's signing for $1-2mil/year and we all know he's gonna get a decent contract.

Both guys are good in theory, but in real life, neither makes sense for our team right now.

Back
Top Bottom