Sign Julian Edelman and Aqib Talib | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Julian Edelman and Aqib Talib

Edelman is a product of the system. Talib's personality shys me away, though he's a great player.

I said it last offseason (when Edelman would have come cheap), and I say it again. Edelman just made clear that he's going to test the free agent market. The guy is a dynamic playmaker, at both WR (where he plays both outside and in the slot), and as a PR. Yes, WR is a relative position of strength for us now, but this is a guy you want on your team. And a takeaway from our primary competition to boot.

Talib would also be tremendously valuable as a takeaway from the arch rival. They've shown over 2 seasons that their secondary cannot function when he's not out there. He is a shutdown corner when healthy. Talib and Grimes would give us the best CB combo in the NFL. Yes, he's had injury issues and not been on the field at key times, but that will keep his price tag down also. He's also kept his nose clean in NE after a checkered early career.

so you want to sign antother high priced WR after we invested 100 million in wallace, hartline and gibson and you want talib although we have brent grimes waiting for a nice contract and we just spent a 2nd and 3rd rounder on two rookie CB's....good GM work

No to Talib simply because the moment he plays for Miami, the refs will start nailing him for PI because the Kraft shield will be gone

I said it last offseason (when Edelman would have come cheap), and I say it again. Edelman just made clear that he's going to test the free agent market. The guy is a dynamic playmaker, at both WR (where he plays both outside and in the slot), and as a PR. Yes, WR is a relative position of strength for us now, but this is a guy you want on your team. And a takeaway from our primary competition to boot.

Talib would also be tremendously valuable as a takeaway from the arch rival. They've shown over 2 seasons that their secondary cannot function when he's not out there. He is a shutdown corner when healthy. Talib and Grimes would give us the best CB combo in the NFL. Yes, he's had injury issues and not been on the field at key times, but that will keep his price tag down also. He's also kept his nose clean in NE after a checkered early career.

I agree. Both are proven players. The will win games for us. They will make the players around them better. I hope Hickey realizes this and makes it happen. We have so much cap space invested in poor/under performing players.
Daniel Thomas, The oline, and I can add Starks to the list after his pedistrian season last year.
Cut the failed projects and dead wood and bring in guys that can make plays

No to Talib simply because the moment he plays for Miami, the refs will start nailing him for PI because the Kraft shield will be gone

With Grimes and Talib, teams will have a tough time throwing on us deep. Those guys will be picking off the ball. If the refs throws some flags against the pansies, so be it.
Plus...we weaken the Patriots. They will have to find some other guys.

Edelman would be no better than a #4 on any other team.

Wasn't Hickey around when Tampa wanted to get rid of Talib? I don't see Hickey bringing him here.

Edelman is a result of Brady's passing. and Belichick's scheme.

Gibson is great. Now if we could only keep him and Patterson healthy, we could have won one of the last two games despite Philbin and Sherman.

I say no to both. Edelman just does nothing for me. This team needs a seam TE in the worst way. Along with offensive line help. Having a hard cap, this team would be wise to allocate in areas of need, and not ones that aren't.

Talib I have great pause. His leaving the last 2 AFC Championship games, especially this years, was shocking but in a weird way not surprising. He seems to shrink when the lights are the brightest. I have been on record as stating that I don't think Grimes will be back. I think he will leave for a better situation. But I would do everything under the moon to sign him, he fits Coyle's scheme like a glove and his numbers back it up.

Back
Top Bottom