Sign Manziel? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Manziel?

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I say why not give him a chance. He has shown that he still has the ability in the spring training league and he has taken the necessary steps to combat against his diagnosed bipolar disorder. Manziel has a lot of talent and I think it is worth giving him a shot. We might be waiting to see how the draft goes before picking someone like him up, but we can't wait for too long. He has a contract with a CFL league and must make a determination within about a month. If he chooses to play for CFL league he commit to the league for 2 years. Anyways, I say why not give the guy a chance. At the very least he provides competition for the backup QB spot.

Hell no.

And even if I thought he could make it in the NFL (I don't - Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell have launched similar 'comebacks' in recent years) you want to bring a guy who repeatedly went off the rails in Cleveland to Miami?

He went off the rails because he didn't get the help he needed. He got help and is a different person now. No one is perfect, especially a lot of the players in the NFL. What harm is there in letting him compete against Osweiler for the backup spot?

Hell no.

And even if I thought he could make it in the NFL (I don't - Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell have launched similar 'comebacks' in recent years) you want to bring a guy who repeatedly went off the rails in Cleveland to Miami?

He went off the rails because he didn't get the help he needed. He got help and is a different person now. No one is perfect, especially a lot of the players in the NFL. What harm is there in letting him compete against Osweiler for the backup spot?

You sure seem confident about this miraculous change. A cynic would point out that NFL backup money is much better than CFL starter money and his agent is highly unlikely to not say he has changed in press releases.

I still don't think he is a good enough qb. You seem to have been blown away but his spring league performances but I didn't see much about this

Never said I was blown away. Was I impressed? Yes. He hasn't played in nearly two years and did pretty well. The question I have for you is are you satisfied with Osweiler at quarterback?

You sure seem confident about this miraculous change. A cynic would point out that NFL backup money is much better than CFL starter money and his agent is highly unlikely to not say he has changed in press releases.

I still don't think he is a good enough qb. You seem to have been blown away but his spring league performances but I didn't see much about this

Manziel is an interesting prospect right now.

If he’s sober working a 12 step program and getting help he may be on his way to being a more mature person/man.

Then the question is he a good enough QB?

Miami will not take him because of his past and he’s not over the top good enough to take the risk on him.

Some team might. They might get a great deal if he stays sober and works at it.

All his extracurricular stuff aside, I never thought he was a good QB to begin with. As bad as Oswieller is, he's better than Manziel, and less of a headache

Back
Top Bottom